Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-minus 18 until NZ says Kia Ora!

Comment

As shown by flightaware, it will have flight number 88*. Only about 5 hours until departure.

http://flightaware.com/live/findflig...stination=WSSS

It will be using T3.

*IIRC this was the previous number for NZ's PVG flight.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
        As shown by flightaware, it will have flight number 88*. Only about 5 hours until departure.

http://flightaware.com/live/findflig...stination=WSSS

It will be using T3.

*IIRC this was the previous number for NZ's PVG flight.
        NZ88 was the flight number used only for the "inaugural" flight from AKL-SIN on the early hours of Tuesday 6th Jan. After the inaugural flight, NZ "took over" SQ's flight, and their AKL-SIN vv flights actually carried NZ282/281 - literally the same numbers used by SQ just the change in airline code to NZ.

THerefore, my guess of why the inaugural flight used NZ88 was partly because on the early morning of 6th Jan, SQ operated the final SQ282 AKL-SIN flight (that was operated by 9V-SVF) and hence NZ didn't want to cause any confusion by numbering their flight NZ282, especially given both the flights were scheduled to depart within 30 mins of each other...

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
          NZ88 was the flight number used only for the "inaugural" flight from AKL-SIN on the early hours of Tuesday 6th Jan. After the inaugural flight, NZ "took over" SQ's flight, and their AKL-SIN vv flights actually carried NZ282/281 - literally the same numbers used by SQ just the change in airline code to NZ.

THerefore, my guess of why the inaugural flight used NZ88 was partly because on the early morning of 6th Jan, SQ operated the final SQ282 AKL-SIN flight (that was operated by 9V-SVF) and hence NZ didn't want to cause any confusion by numbering their flight NZ282, especially given both the flights were scheduled to depart within 30 mins of each other...
          Sorry I forgot to mention that it was only for the inaugural flight. Yes I did notice that it took over SQ's flight number.

Comment

NZ 282 can be booked as SQ4282 on SQ's website at no additional cost. And it can book thru to Hong Kong...

But I cannot do vice versa on Air NZ's website...
            Last edited by Metropolitan Airlines; 10 January 2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

9V-SVK is currently flying to AKL as SQ8935, scheduled a bit less than 2 hours earlier than SQ285.

Anyone know what this might be about?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                9V-SVK is currently flying to AKL as SQ8935, scheduled a bit less than 2 hours earlier than SQ285.

Anyone know what this might be about?
                SAF charter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                  SAF charter.
                  Ah, right. The army charters usually head to ROK. Do the air-force train in NZ or would this be for some other purpose?

Comment

Ah, right. The army charters usually head to ROK. Do the air-force train in NZ or would this be for some other purpose?
                    Not sure about recent activity, but I do remember a news article a few years ago about joint training and exercises between NZ and Singapore. Don't remember if it talked about NZ actually hosting the training.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                      Not sure about recent activity, but I do remember a news article a few years ago about joint training and exercises between NZ and Singapore. Don't remember if it talked about NZ actually hosting the training.
                      Artillery. Annually since '97.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        Artillery. Annually since '97.
                        Artillery training in the Waiouru area on North Island.

Comment

Working...
                        X