SQ62 delayed 3 days in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ62 delayed 3 days in a row

Just realized that this flight (normally ETD 0240) ex-Singapore has been delayed more than an hour yesterday (0331), today (0415) and the scheduled one tomorrow morning (0345). Wonder if the incoming flights' been involved in the fallout of the Baku incident?

Am on the latter flight, and I've just received a beep on the delay. Well, at least I'm still at home sipping coffee.

Probably due to the winter olympics?

There are even implementing restrictions on carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels for flights departing from & transiting Moscow

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...110-ruslag.jsp

Comment

SQ15 from SFO has arrived at 0230 or later the last few days and she turns for SQ62 thereafter. I believe that's your reason

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        SQ15 from SFO has arrived at 0230 or later the last few days and she turns for SQ62 thereafter. I believe that's your reason
        Indeed, 9V-JKL. The checkin desk confirms that's the case. Wonder why though, it's not like SFO is affected by that chilly vortex over in the East.

Reddevil0728, it's never pleasant transiting via DME. Food is bad, lounge is so so and take off in winter always get delayed because of the additional time required for de-icing.

As I sit in the lounge, I hear two additional flights delayed as well, one to Nagoya and another to Zurich. Doesn't sound like SQ ops is having a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Indeed, 9V-JKL. The checkin desk confirms that's the case. Wonder why though, it's not like SFO is affected by that chilly vortex over in the East.

Reddevil0728, it's never pleasant transiting via DME. Food is bad, lounge is so so and take off in winter always get delayed because of the additional time required for de-icing.

As I sit in the lounge, I hear two additional flights delayed as well, one to Nagoya and another to Zurich. Doesn't sound like SQ ops is having a good day.
          Wow... I just saw that SQ346 to Zurich is delayed til 04:30.

And I thought I had it bad with SQ910 today. Nearly 2 hours of waiting on the plane while engineering was working on the engine. Nevertheless better safe than sorry.

Comment

Statistically the worst airport for delays in US is not JFK or Newark or Boston but is San Francisco. They often have reduced capacity/shutdowns for low clouds/visibility. Not sure about yesterday but SFO is always notoriously unpredictable.

Comment

Perhaps they have been waiting for connecting passengers who have been delayed due to the weather?

Comment

Originally posted by BerryFusion View Post
                Wow... I just saw that SQ346 to Zurich is delayed til 04:30.

And I thought I had it bad with SQ910 today. Nearly 2 hours of waiting on the plane while engineering was working on the engine. Nevertheless better safe than sorry.
                SQ865 from HKG was delayed by over 4 hours last night due to a technical fault. Passengers were deplaned around 1930 (scheduled departure 1850) as they needed to shut down power to restart the inboard computer. Some passengers (including me) managed to switch to SQ871 although I had to fly Y (booked on J on SQ865). But at that time there was no certainty on when or even if Sq865 would depart. Plus as I had done a daytrip to HKG I didn't have any change of clothes or toiletries. The affected aircraft was SKC which may explain at least one of the late departure to Europe last night.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                  SQ865 from HKG was delayed by over 4 hours last night due to a technical fault. Passengers were deplaned around 1930 (scheduled departure 1850) as they needed to shut down power to restart the inboard computer. Some passengers (including me) managed to switch to SQ871 although I had to fly Y (booked on J on SQ865). But at that time there was no certainty on when or even if Sq865 would depart. Plus as I had done a daytrip to HKG I didn't have any change of clothes or toiletries. The affected aircraft was SKC which may explain at least one of the late departure to Europe last night.
                  Was 871 carried out by an A380?
                  Thanks for the details! I checked Zurich arrivals and the affected aircraft is SKC.
                  Lots of technical faults seem to be popping up lately.

Comment

I guess normally they have some capacity to shuffle A380s but with SKE down they are really tight and I don't envy the operational staff at present. A repair to do in SIN is one thing but coordinating for it to be done in Azerbaijan just makes it all so more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                      Were you reimbursed/compensated for the travel class downgrade? Was in the lounge waiting for my flight last night and heard about the delay. There was a large number of passengers on SQ871 that were transferring to my flight, which also caused us to depart an hour late.
                      Last edited by eminere™; 11 January 2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                        Were you reimbursed/compensated for the travel class downgrade? .
                        I should be able to get a refund of the fare difference though I suspect it won't be much as I had discounted D fare ticket which is only marginally more expensive than a full Y fare. Plus since my employer pays for my travel I won't get the cash anyway.

To another question of an earlier poster, SQ871 was operated on a regional 777 as it always is. 871 was delayed by an hour Friday night to accommodate passengers moving from 865. The gates 62 and 19 were quite a distance apart and we had to clear security again.

Comment

Working...
                        X