Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight - Finding out How Many Seats are Booked

Hi
    Will be flying from Sydney to London via Singapore end of January and wish to go on a flight that has the least amount of seats booked. Is there a website I can source to work out which fight is best booked?
    Thanks for the help
    SQ354

The only way I know to find this information out is to continue through the booking process on the SQ website, and on the screen before they require payment you can select your seats. From there you can get an idea of the seat availability.

However, I'm sure there are more accurate methods, which other members may be able to point out.

For what it's worth, I have rarely found any flights from Sydney or Melbourne to Singapore, which are not heavily used. However, I have had plenty of luck with SQ308 (SIN - LHR) with regards to empty seats in Y.
    Last edited by NoChanceToDance; 8 January 2014, 11:28 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

I just took SQ 308 2 days ago and Y was 100% full.
      Business had about 8 empty seats and I believe First was pretty much empty.

flightstats does tell you which class is close to full, but only shows up to 8 or 9 empty seats per class even though the plane is completely empty.

Comment

Try ExpertFlier. Just create a free account and make a dummy 'Create an alert'
        Its fairly accurate but blocked seats may or may not be actually blocked.

http://www.expertflyer.com

Comment

Originally posted by SIA_A380 View Post
          Try ExpertFlier. Just create a free account and make a dummy 'Create an alert'
          Its fairly accurate but blocked seats may or may not be actually blocked.

http://www.expertflyer.com
          Seat maps can be very inaccurate ways to count passengers as many people don't pick seats in advance.

If you look at EF fare bucket availability, seeing low/cheap fare classes still available, especially if 9 seats are showing is an indication that the flight is relatively empty, although revenue management can eliminate cheap fare classes when a special event causes them to believe that they can sell tickets on the flight very easily.

Comment

Working...
          X