Best LHR - SIN flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LHR - SIN flight

I have to fly back to MEL on Saturday, and although I take the flight quite often, thus far I have only ever taken SQ321 from LHR which connects with SQ227. Is this the best option to take? I'll be flying Y as I cannot justify the insane SIA J prices at the moment.

Anyone ever experienced a flight from LHR with space in Y? I realise Saturday will be busier. Even better, does anyone have access to current numbers on those flights leaving Saturday?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
    I have to fly back to MEL on Saturday, and although I take the flight quite often, thus far I have only ever taken SQ321 from LHR which connects with SQ227. Is this the best option to take? I'll be flying Y as I cannot justify the insane SIA J prices at the moment.

Anyone ever experienced a flight from LHR with space in Y? I realise Saturday will be busier. Even better, does anyone have access to current numbers on those flights leaving Saturday?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Well personally I much prefer the opposite timing where you arrive back in MEL at bed time and don't have two nights in the air. With SQ217 now operating an hour later, they can book you on a combination of SQ305/SQ217 which means no waiting at Changi and B777-300ER all the way.

I have no access to seat availability, but I just looked at the fare calendar- you will save over 30% if you fly back the day before!

SQ305/217 is still available, departing LHR 1305 on Friday, arr. MEL 2115 Saturday for 935£.

If you depart Saturday, you will pay at least 1307£ and have only two options, both of which involve hanging around Changi until SQ237 which doesn't depart until 2350 and is a refitted 777-300, the least attractive of the four aircraft types that serve MEL.

The cheapest options generally indicate the emptier flights. It looks like most flights from SIN-MEL over the weekend are fully booked, especially those that leave on Sunday.

Comment

Thank SQ228, unfortunately Friday is out of the question, I had seen the price difference but cannot change my plans.

Strangely enough I prefer landing in MEL in the morning, that way I can go straight to the office and force myself I stay awake. Last time I landed in the evening, it was the only time I've experienced jet lag.

305 is cheap(er) on Saturday but resulting in a 11hr lay over as a result.

Comment

Working...
      X