SQ 317 Diverted to Baku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fl0r15t View Post
    Yeah, little more info on this, we were on the scheduled 12:55 SQ321 on 19th Jan outwards from SIN-LHR. We originally had 9V-SKL (I think) parked at gate B2.

They first announced there would be a 35 minute delay. Then they said it would be a further hour and half, so sent everyone off for a free lunch (not much good to us, we'd just had lunch). After returning to the gate then they announced shortly later they couldn't fix it ("technical reasons") and we would be getting a new plane, (9V-SKG at gate B7) and it would depart in a further hour and thirty minutes.

So a five hour delay but everyone just seemed happy they were putting safety first given recent events. They also gave everyone a [TSA] luggage lock on boarding, which was a nice touch. We filled in feedback forms as to how the delay was handled on the plane, we were happy with their actions.

We had the middle EmEx row on main deck (on the opposite side to the problem door on the Baku flight) so we and the two crew in those opposing jump seats exchanged slightly nervous glances at the door during take-off. All uneventful and a good flight (although it took a while to get off as the LHR upper air-bridge failed).
    The top plates of door 1 lower deck and door 2 upper deck have been changed on the aircraft of this pic.

Comment

• I was in the last row of the Upper Deck on SQ318 on Saturday and the door just in front of me was making a very strange sound during our descent.....

Comment

• Kind of a creaking rattling noise?

Comment

• I wouldn't say 'rattling', it's a bit difficult to describe it. I overhead the IFS telling the crew it will make a 'hissing' noise on descent so I listened and I could hear it. To be honest I heard nothing on take off or during the flight.

Comment

• Investigation update out.

Comment

• Wow, took them this long to come up with a statement of facts and observations.

Comment

• Lemme guess. This had to be cleared all the way up to at least the Permanent Secretary of MOT (if not the Minister of Transport himself) and because of CNY and Singapore Air Show, things got stuck somewhere.

Having said that, considering this report involved at least three entities, 2 months seems about right nowadays even for a factual report.

Comment

• This is just a list of sequence of events. Not even a root cause analysis yet.
                  Interesting message at point 12. Clearly inspection by eyes is not good enough.

Comment

• After the Baku episode, they still haven't found a solution for this? http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...oise-from-door

Not that it's related but it's just very very unsettling and makes for poor PR.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabian View Post
                      After the Baku episode, they still haven't found a solution for this? http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...oise-from-door

Not that it's related but it's just very very unsettling and makes for poor PR.
                      Not sure if this is due to Airbus has not gotten a solution or SQ is slow to implement it?

Comment

• I see Airbus are introducing a new Seal and Seal Carrier on A380 doors as a result of this incident.

Comment

Working...
                        X