Singapore to London Return - Best Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore to London Return - Best Day

So looking at flying late January 2014 from Singapore to London then back London to Singapore in 2 or 3 weeks late.

Has anyone any advice on the best flight/day/time where the flights have the LEAST amount of passengers in Economy? Don't really have a preference of aircraft - just least amounts of passengers so I can try and get 3 or 4 seats together so I can stretch out and sleep.

For:
    1 Singapore to London
    2. London to Singapore.

Thanks a lot for the help
    SQ354

SQ354, these SIN-LHR-SIN flights are very popular. You'll be very, very lucky to find a row of seats to lie down on. The best bet is to book a seat right at the back end of the plane and maybe just has the expectation of having an empty seat next to you.

Also you can check the seat plan online every now and then - especially close to the date of the flight. Good luck.

Comment

Travel early in the week ( Monday to Wednesday)

Take the first flight of the morning SQ308 and SQ317

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        SQ354, these SIN-LHR-SIN flights are very popular. You'll be very, very lucky to find a row of seats to lie down on.
        Well... It depends. There were a sum total of 120 pax on the A380 on the flight I took last February. There was nobody in the rear J cabin except for me and 3 cabin crew. There was one block of seats per person in Y

I generally choose Tuesday or Wednesday flights to avoid the crowds. Daytime flights ex-SIN are always better. I've lost track of the times of the ex-LHR flights, but just choose the one with the fewest connections at the other end. In general, choose flights with Asian and not Antipodean connections in SIN, because if you do sit next to someone, they are less likely to be overweight or drunk (don't flame me, that's just the way it is...). And definitely sit right at the back for most chance of empty seats

PS If you're travelling just before Chinese New Year, then maybe less chance of a quiet flight (but just after CNY holidays should be pretty quiet)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Travel early in the week ( Monday to Wednesday)

Take the first flight of the morning SQ308 and SQ317

Good luck!
          exactly. Those are the flights that I always avoid at all costs. And probably also add SQ305.

SQ318 is quite popular, but you'll get the latest product - and I missed this by a day on 30 September 2013 (the flights with latest product were the day before and after).

Comment

I fly this journey regularly in both Y and J. Rarely have I found an empty flight, especially on the LHR - SIN leg. However, on three or four occasions now SQ308 (SIN-LHR) has been relatively quiet for a popular route.

The one flight which is always full is SQ321 LHR-SIN

Comment

Working...
            X