SQ Y Fare v Qantas PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Check the details on how great QF PE actually is- a friend of mine once told me there's very little difference between SQ Y seat pitch and QF Y+
    The SQ Y is good but nowhere in the same league as a proper PE seat like QF's, seat pitch is 32" vs 38-41".

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Qantas Premium Y is actually quite good. Possibly the best premium Y product in the industry. Have a look at this TR about QF A380 Premium Y.
      If you can, try TK's soon to be gone Y+. 2-3-2 on their 77W. That's J class density

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        One SQTalker's meat is another's poison. For the plane nut - it's a FANTASTIC bus ride where you get to look at a lot of planes very close up.

Personally I find the transfer reasonably pleasant. There are worse transfers to make!
        true, agree QF bus ride between terminals is a planespotter's dream This is OT and pertinent to SYD per se: to note that VA's T-Bus transfer involves public roads which are susceptible to traffic congestion during peak hours.

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
          SYD International Terminal and Domestic Terminals (there are 2, one for QF and one for rest like VA) are physically apart and transfers btwn international and domestic involve a bus ride which can be tedious and time consuming
          Hello,

Just to check with you, if I buy the tix from SIN-SYD-MEL (transit), do I have to take my checked luggages then transfer to SYD Domestic for my outgoing flight?

Or it would be taken care of?

Another thing is that for my return flight, I have got to be in the airport by 10am. I am staying in Clayton (Melbourne) and have got to be in the airport by 8am (I reckon).. it would be a chore :/ ahhhhhhhh

Comment

All transfers to domestic frm international at SYD requires pax to pick up all checked luggage, clear customs and recheck luggage at Domestic check-in, including QF and VA even if it's one tix.

For QF, once you exit International Arrival, turn right and head past the train station/counter and you can re-check yr luggage at the domestic check-in counter

Comment

Originally posted by cocaman View Post
              Another thing is that for my return flight, I have got to be in the airport by 10am. I am staying in Clayton (Melbourne) and have got to be in the airport by 8am (I reckon).. it would be a chore :/ ahhhhhhhh
              Be aware that on most weekdays there is a traffic jam on the freeway to the airport as many people head there to take morning flights. The Skybus service and taxis do NOT have a priority lane and can therefore be delayed. Attempts to create an express bus lane have been blocked by the freeway operator.

A state government in the 1990s gave them a 34-year agreement that no other airport access arrangements would be constructed so as to protect their profits. We remain one of the largest cities in the developed world with no train or rapid transit service to our airport, other than a bus stuck in traffic.

Comment

The class and price difference was the precise reason for my switch from SQ Y to QF W. I'm on track to get QF gold in 20 days and plat next year in April. I have gone one step further with regards to that promo fare. I route my trips through all possible transit points to earn more status credits as possible. Having upwards of 40kg baggage allowance than the 30kg on SQ is good too!
                I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
                X