SQ's move to the new T2 at LHR set for 17 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ's move to the new T2 at LHR set for 17 September

Thats a few months after the scheduled opening so hopefully the problems (it's LHR, there will be some...) will be ironed out by then.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Thats a few months after the scheduled opening so hopefully the problems (it's LHR, there will be some...) will be ironed out by then.
    On one hand I'm looking forward to the new terminal; T3 can be very congested and time consuming especially if one has no priority nor access to the lounges. But on the other hand, I feel I can walk through it blind-folded; feeling homey by the time I get my boarding pass. The biggest issue I have with the terminal are when the aircraft parks at the far end at Gate 30+ (but I tell myself I need the exercise) and the immigration queue (priority queue or not).

Let the countdown begin!
    Last edited by CarbonMan; 14 November 2013, 11:59 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

If they're gonna build an SKL there, I'm somehow not expecting anything impressive. I wonder why...

Comment

Hopefully they can finally do something on the immigration queue in the new T2. The fast lane at times take the same or more amount of time to clear with a normal lane, which is a joke. The SKL is also in need of a revamp.

Comment

Well arrivals wise it can't be any worse. (Although I may regret saying that next year!).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            If they're gonna build an SKL there, I'm somehow not expecting anything impressive. I wonder why...
            I think I read somewhere that it'll be a common *A lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              I think I read somewhere that it'll be a common *A lounge.
              Yes I've seen those reports and they are incorrect as there will be a new SKL in T2.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                same here... (unfortunately), but I don't know the reason why I can think such a thing.

Comment

http://www.soshiok.com/content/fat-d...pizza-heathrow

Can have Michelin-starred chef's pizza/burger before SQ flight.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Yes I've seen those reports and they are incorrect as there will be a new SKL in T2.
                    Wow that's excellent!

Comment

I went on a tour of the whole T2 building a couple of weeks ago, with the site manager..

You're going to love it.
                      I posted a few pictures on the v-flyer forum..

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
                        I went on a tour of the whole T2 building a couple of weeks ago, with the site manager..

You're going to love it.
                        I posted a few pictures on the v-flyer forum..
                        Thanks for sharing

New T2 comes at a time that I'm traveling more to London

Comment

Could it be possible? A journey through LHR that's not a PITA?

Comment

Thanks for the photos McCoy...

SilverChris... Well lets hope so. Did that immigration area look big enough to you?

Comment

Working...
                            X