Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Calendar / Diary

Just missed the delivery. Got this note under my door :

"Dear Sir / Madam, We were unable to successfully deliver a set of Year 2014 SIA PPS Club Management Diary and Calendar to you ..."

I really do appreciate the calendar but I wonder why, in this day and age, SIA still gives out Management Diary ??? Doesn't reflect well on them ?? Stuck in their ways ?? Anyway, I called up the PPS hotline to tell them not to deliver the diary to me, just the calendar.

Anyone out there still use the diary ???

I suppose it's the thought that counts. I'd imagine some people accusing them of cost-cutting if they suddenly stopped giving out diaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
      Just missed the delivery. Got this note under my door :

"Dear Sir / Madam, We were unable to successfully deliver a set of Year 2014 SIA PPS Club Management Diary and Calendar to you ..."

I really do appreciate the calendar but I wonder why, in this day and age, SIA still gives out Management Diary ??? Doesn't reflect well on them ?? Stuck in their ways ?? Anyway, I called up the PPS hotline to tell them not to deliver the diary to me, just the calendar.

While the thought counts, I do agree that this is a really old idea, equivalent to sending Christmas cards by post. It would be great if SQ could invest in a really good app that helps travellers, or provide complimentary subscription to a travel app as a simple gesture of thanks. They can OEM or white-label it so that we can be thankful to them every time we start it up! The only caveat is that they do not try to restrict this app to only SQ flights or SQ destinations. Some of us use a third-party software to help them redeem KF flights, wouldn't it be great if SQ offered it so that KF'ers can utilise their miles better without wasting time with an expensive body to do that over the phone. My two-cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
        I don't myself but I give it to someone every year who does use it and likes receiving it. Catch 22 I suppose, like SilverChris says if they stop them we'll be accusing them of more cost cutting.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        While the thought counts, I do agree that this is a really old idea, equivalent to sending Christmas cards by post.
        Sorry but I totally disagree with you about Christmas Cards. I HATE electronic Christmas Cards and would rather not receive a card than get something from someone who clearly can't be bothered spending more than 30 seconds to send one. I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas I'm afraid, and electronic Christmas Cards are cheating imvho. No offence like.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          While the thought counts, I do agree that this is a really old idea, equivalent to sending Christmas cards by post.
          Not sure what happens in Singapore, but in the UK Christmas cards (as well as other greetings cards) are nearly always posted by Royal Mail or by hand. I don't know anyone who uses eCards. If someone does use them, they are considered as cheap by some. I would prefer an old type card any day.

Comment

Agree with FN-GM , IMHO the diary might be useless for some but i do personally still write in a diary during meeting , as for Xmas card i never bother to open ecards.
            But I love to received paper cards, it has personal touch..

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Sorry but I totally disagree with you about Christmas Cards. I HATE electronic Christmas Cards and would rather not receive a card than get something from someone who clearly can't be bothered spending more than 30 seconds to send one. I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas I'm afraid, and electronic Christmas Cards are cheating imvho. No offence like.
              None taken. I merely said it was an old idea, not a bad one. My dear wife still sends a dozen or so out each year.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                I suppose it's the thought that counts. I'd imagine some people accusing them of cost-cutting if they suddenly stopped giving out diaries.
                +1
                And many other carriers are still giving diaries to passengers, travel agents, et al. I know travel agents and airline sales reps compare each other's promo gifts. It's a nice touch but the diaries merely pile up. This week, I uncovered a forgotten, still boxed SQ diary in my study. Unfortunately, no takers when I tried to give it away. On the other hand, the Emirates one was easy to pass on. If I recall correctly, it was brown -- easier to carry.

Comment

discovered diary

Our condo guard stopped me today and asked if a package was for me. Apparently the SQ courier just dumped all the diary packages at the front door and left. There are a still a bunch sitting there.

When it comes to winning, execution beat intention every day.

Comment

My wife and I actually lament the dearth of management diaries this year. We used to get 2 or 3 in years past from suppliers/insurance agents. Had to end up buying one from Popular Bookstore. Sadly I'm not PPS.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I HATE electronic Christmas Cards and would rather not receive a card than get something from someone who clearly can't be bothered spending more than 30 seconds to send one. I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas I'm afraid, and electronic Christmas Cards are cheating imvho. No offence like.
                      +1
                      HUGE AL

Comment

agree with Christmas cards, LNY cards, they have to be in paper form...... but then company in the spirit of saving trees, discourages us to send such... we now only produce electronic christmas cards....

as for management diary, that can be done away with..... almost everyone carries a smart phone, iPad, mini pads etc.... they are much better then those whatever diaries.... I have actually proposed to all our suppliers, stop giving diaries, why not just give us a mini iPad and we will not hold anything against them then next year or next if no diaries are given!!!!
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Probably because the diaries cost them 3000x less than an iPad mini

Comment

Just wondering, has anyone in Australia received the calendar/diary this year? My friend (QPP3) told me she never received it before. I'm curious since I'm now based in Melbourne, Is it only for members based in Singapore?

Comment

Originally posted by frolic View Post
                              Just wondering, has anyone in Australia received the calendar/diary this year? My friend (QPP3) told me she never received it before. I'm curious since I'm now based in Melbourne, Is it only for members based in Singapore?
                              In NZ have received the diary every year since qualified in 2001. Useless to me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X