Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin crew letters of commendation

Hi everyone,
    How does one go about letters of commendation for SQ cabin crew? I see the feedback form on the website and results of a quick search here says that crew appreciate physical letters. My mates at other carriers say they personally like post mail too. Service has been hit or miss for me lately so I want to acknowledge the ones who impress. Does anyone have the post address for SQ's customer service? Where might one send letters?
    Thanks!

Lol! The link to their Customer Service feedback site is down!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Lol! The link to their Customer Service feedback site is down!
      Haha they must've heard me coming. Seriously, no mailing address for Customer Service?

Comment

The link where your commendation letters can be emailed: https://www.singaporeair.com/custome...eFeedBack.form

Do share the pleasent experience here in this feed too! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
          The link where your commendation letters can be emailed: https://www.singaporeair.com/custome...eFeedBack.form
          Thanks, mate. I was looking for the mailing address. I usually send post mail and I'm looking to burn through some stationery. Somewhere on this forum, there was mention of sending letters and that one IFS (?) actually suggested it.

Do share the pleasent experience here in this feed too! Cheers!
          Of course! if I can muster up the courage. I not as eloquent or entertaining as the members here. By the way, great forum!

Comment

Am checking with internal sources for the mailing address. Will let you know in due course.

Service crew should be commended for a job well done, something that we passengers can do to perk them up.

Comment

I'm curious. Do crew get awards or bonuses for getting passenger commendations?

I'm generally a happy passenger (especially on SQ flights as they are generally leisure - corporate policy says BA, so I tend to be tired and grumpy on BA flights!) - I smile and say thank you and try not to make a fuss

On 3 of my last 4 SQ sectors, I've been asked to write a comment form and been given the names of the crew in my section ("if you wish to mention us..."). Now, I don't mind filling them in - and on a couple of occasions the service was exceptional, so I said so, and specified the crew member who went out of their way. However, a couple of times the service has been just fine, but nothing special. And I *know* they read the feedback form once it goes back to the galley

I can't help thinking they're asking me 'cos I'm nice... I just wonder if there's a way they can ask but without me feeling pressured quite so much to fill it in...

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, orsetto.

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                I'm curious. Do crew get awards or bonuses for getting passenger commendations?
                They don't get a bonus as such, but it goes on their record and can, and does, assist with promotion.

Comment

Am checking with internal sources for the mailing address. Will let you know in due course.
                  Thanks for your help

Service crew should be commended for a job well done, something that we passengers can do to perk them up.
                  Yes. I think FAs have fewer (or different) of the abuses ground crew go through. Almost thankless, nonetheless.

On 3 of my last 4 SQ sectors, I've been asked to write a comment form and been given the names of the crew in my section ("if you wish to mention us..."). Now, I don't mind filling them in - and on a couple of occasions the service was exceptional, so I said so, and specified the crew member who went out of their way. However, a couple of times the service has been just fine, but nothing special. And I *know* they read the feedback form once it goes back to the galley
                  I have never used these cards nor been asked to fill one out when travelling on any airline/cabin. Only heard of this being done. I thought positive feedback was not that great of a determining factor for promotion. And ha these go straight to the galley? Hard to tell if they're fishing for compliments or merely letting you know there is such a form should you wish to provide feedback

I can't help thinking they're asking me 'cos I'm nice... I just wonder if there's a way they can ask but without me feeling pressured quite so much to fill it in...

I've wondered this too -- was service better because I actually responded to their greetings and considered that there was a person on the other end of the incoming food/drink? They must have noticed you. Most people don't acknowledge FAs. Somehow basic interpersonal communication skills get checked at the door. Yet, it is awkward that they are pushing the comment forms on you
                  Last edited by orsetto; 1 November 2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

And here's the address:

Customer Affairs Department,
                    SIN-ALH-07A, Airline House,
                    25 Airline Road,
                    S(819829)

[Customer Affairs will forward letters received to the Cabin Crew Motivational Program Department for compliments that are received]
                    Last edited by SQ380; 7 November 2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

And here's the address:

Customer Affairs Department,
                      SIN-ALH-07A, Airline House,
                      25 Airline Road,
                      S(819829)

[Customer Affairs will forward letters received to the Cabin Crew Motivational Program Department for compliments that are received]
                      Much thanks for this! I'll keep it for future reference.

Comment

I have been asked to complete a service comment card on board, as well as sending my own letters. I have always received an acknowledgement by post or email. A few times a little gift was enclosed with the post reply.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
                          I have been asked to complete a service comment card on board, as well as sending my own letters. I have always received an acknowledgement by post or email. A few times a little gift was enclosed with the post reply.
                          Nice. I wonder if it's your SQ status and/or location. I'm not a frequent flyer on SQ and I am based in the States. I have only received acknowledgement via email.

Comment

I've always had exceptional service on SQ.

Been hearing about how the service has been a hit and miss lately but I've never had bad service on SQ. Might be because I'm quite friendly and chatty with the crew myself! I've been flying with on average once every 2-3 months. Mostly short-haul with a few long-haul in between.

I always wrote in to thank the crew via the online feedback form. Once I filled out a physical form onboard.

I know compliments are used as a performance indicator for promotion and I heard they are informed when they get one.

How does it differ if you send the feedback online, onboard or mail a physical letter?

Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
                            Are you PPS? I must have written at least 20 letters of commendation over the past 5 years but never got anything!

Comment

What you write in the commendations matters most.

Saying they did well does very little for them in managements eyes. Writing that they did so well that you will fly again and recommend your friends to fly them in future is the biggest help one can do for Cabin Crew. That's acknowledged that they are a living advertisement for the airline and that does wonders for their appraisal.

Comment

Working...
                              X