Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITA shows availability, but Silkair website doesn't

Hi,

I was looking for an answer to the difficulties I'm experiencing when trying to book a Silkair flight on its website and came across this very informative forum. Hopefully someone over here is able to help me.

I have booked a return trip from Amsterdam to Australia on SQ and planned a side trip to Koh Samui on my way down under. I'll be arriving in Singapore on the early morning of 20 March and planned to take flight MI772 to Koh Samui. As this would set me back EUR 6,000 (for 2 adults and an infant) if I booked it as a multi city itinerary on the SQ website and ITA indicated a return trip SIN-USM on the respective dates would be SGD 1,088 (EUR 600), I decided to book this side trip on a separate ticket.

Problem now is that ITA shows availability on flight MI772 on 20 March, but the Silkair website indicates availability on every day, except 20 March. If I try to book it as the desired multi city intinerary from Amsterdam, the SIN-USM flight still is available on 20 March.

Would anyone be able to enlighten me whether said flight is really sold out, or is this some common practice and seats should open up in the near future?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

TK99, I do believe that there's something wrong with the SQ website ... but I think they are trying to fix it now. Try again, because I now see Mar 20 available today when it wasn't yesterday. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks CarbonMan. The flight now seems to be available at first sight, but still isn't bookable. When choosing the desired flight dates, it says no seats are available again.

I have contacted SQs AMS based reservation team and they have now created an option in their reservation system and forwarded this to the SIN based reservation team to check whether they can provide a pricing and ticket the option.

Although not impossible of course, it's still hard to believe that this specific flight in March is already fully booked..

Comment

Working...
      X