Zurich, Paris & Frankfurt J Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurich, Paris & Frankfurt J Discounts

Discover the charms of Zurich, Frankfurt, and Paris with our exceptional-value Business Class fares starting from S$5,915, for travel until 31 March 2014. En-route, be sure to pamper yourself with our extraordinary inflight service that even other airlines talk about. To make your booking, visit singaporeair.com.

Be one of the first to travel to Shanghai in exceptional comfort on the Singapore Airlines A380! Simply purchase an Economy Class ticket on the Shanghai A380 flight and answer a question on a380toshanghai.com before 25 October 2013; and you could be in the running to win a complimentary Business Class upgrade on your Shanghai A380 flight.

We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Warmest Regards,
    Alan Lim
    Area Vice President Singapore
    Singapore Airlines Limited

Zurich SQ346 SQ345

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday SGD5915

Frankfurt SQ326

All SQ flights Daily SGD5996

Paris SQ334 SQ333

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday SGD6009
    I don't fly these routes, so not quite sure how deep the discounts are.

Big discounts from some I've seen over $9000 through time, but it's still possible to fly TG to FRA in A380's First for about $6500 on MasterCard specials and maybe as low as $4000 in J.

Comment

I just flew back from Zurich on SQ345. I have travelled this route about 15 times over the last 5 years and this was the first time that I was upgraded to Business...and the seat next to me was empty. Times are bad...

Comment

There are a whole host of destinations with J class discounts on the website starting with PVG at $3009.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

bad signs for SQ? :S

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
            bad signs for SQ? :S

Maybe it's more a realisation that they have to finally change.

I've seen SQ's FRA flights regularly always S$7000, often over S$9000 and occasionally over S$10k so this is a big step.

Just checking TG this morning for random dates in March their non-special to FRA is S$5200 in J. I was S$4070 when I flew in June with a separate additional S$1200 for a one-way upgrade to First out-bound due to a date change, flying out on a Sunday night.

Emirates offered S$6025 to FRA for the same dates I checked this morning, Qatar S$5,570, LH S$6850 (though S$6270 returning one day earlier, for that difference I make sure to come back a bit early), LX S$7100 so SQ are finally putting themselves in the hunt, ignoring TG. For not stopping in the Middle East the price is now very attractive but it's still hard to completely ignore TG on their night flight if it means leaving SIN just a few hours earlier, and usually at a time you're just sitting around at home waiting.

If I wouldn't take TG, I would definitely now take SQ and that is a HUGE difference for SQ....not specifically as far as lonely old me is concerned but in general.

Comment

Got TG SIN-BKK-CPH RT for a colleague to for 3.8K SGD in C just a few weeks ago. It is a sign of times when SQ starts dropping J fares from it's hub. Also TK had some good fares a while ago.

Comment

I'm not a frequent business flyer, and personally I don't care if the soft product of SQ gives me birthday cakes or remembers my name. I've flown Thai biz before and they continued to pour me champagne as frequently as SQ do, and I got a big seat. Going to HK for 900 SGD on Thai biz compared to 700-900 SGD for SQ econ, is a no brainer for me. But I guess for others the little differences in soft and hard product are worth the big price difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
                  Going to HK for 900 SGD on Thai biz compared to 700-900 SGD for SQ econ, is a no brainer for me.

I head to HKG every quarter (usually on the 9:30am flight) and for my next trip in December I am considering this given my last SQ tickets were $706, $712, $690 & $770.

The problem is that transit time and routing makes a much bigger difference to the overall travel time where a direct flight is below 4hrs than it otherwise does on long-haul flights of 13-14hrs. Okay so extra food, extra drinks, an extra movie and extra miles etc. all add up but doubling the length of time to get to HKG is a bit 50:50 for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X