Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banoffi View Post
    haha shucks! what a disappointment. too bad i can't reroute since my tickets are redemption and I have my domestic tickets flying in to HND from CTS
    The J product is still miles better than the 772 regional the IFE is also better. Not all bad news

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
      SQ 636 is usually full while SQ 634 is the weakest..cause it arrives so late at night!
      Yeah! transportation out of HND after 11pm is a chore even though it is right smack in Tokyo Bay.

Comment

• Will all 777-300ERs have the 2013 cabins?

Apologies if this was covered elsewhere but will all 300ERs eventually have the 2013 J cabins?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
          Apologies if this was covered elsewhere but will all 300ERs eventually have the 2013 J cabins?
          Yes, all of the original 77Ws will be refitted nose-to-tail with the 2013 products.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
            Yes, all of the original 77Ws will be refitted nose-to-tail with the 2013 products.
            Thanks jaywell. Any idea on timeline? The previous J cabin is really showing some terrible wear and tear and tray tables that can't lock in place ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
              Thanks jaywell. Any idea on timeline? The previous J cabin is really showing some terrible wear and tear and tray tables that can't lock in place ...
              Timeline? Hahahaha!! How long is a piece of string?

Seriously though, they have announced various vague dates for completing the refit and they've since completed only four out of nineteen (SWJ-M). They show no signs of wanting to do two at once and each refit is taking longer than a month, so at that rate we are looking at no earlier than end of 2016.

Comment

• Yeah worse case they can yank out a 77WN out of service and refit it with PEY depending on time factors, and eventually make some 77WN (without PEY).

Comment

• It seems like Haneda is getting 777-300ER for SQ632 and SQ636 in 2016, whilst Narita has lost its 773 for a 777-200 with the regional J seating (2-2-2).

I haven't checked hundreds of dates, but checked a few random dates between April - July 2016 and that was the case.

Tentatively planning a holiday for next year, if that remains the case, I may just book into Haneda since J will be the same as on the A380 (unless I can get suites).

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
                    It seems like Haneda is getting 777-300ER for SQ632 and SQ636 in 2016, whilst Narita has lost its 773 for a 777-200 with the regional J seating (2-2-2).

I haven't checked hundreds of dates, but checked a few random dates between April - July 2016 and that was the case.

Tentatively planning a holiday for next year, if that remains the case, I may just book into Haneda since J will be the same as on the A380 (unless I can get suites).
                    that's what I heard too, because HND SQ 636 is obviously a more popular flight than NRT SQ 638. Makes commercial sense.

Comment

• Noticed even PEK is getting a 77W(N?) on Mar 27 ex SIN.

Edit: Just found out this is not the refitted version
                      Last edited by EWR; 2 November 2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• NRT seems to have lost 77WN as permanent equipment. Now 77W is also used rather regularly.

Comment

• How did SQ 638/7 suffer such a massive fall from grace?

Until only a couple of months ago, SQ couldn't wait to upgauge and upgrade it. HND has always had the old planes, NRT has always had the latest.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                            NRT seems to have lost 77WN as permanent equipment. Now 77W is also used rather regularly.
                            MEL and DXB also have irregular 77WN now.

On the other hand, BOM has been getting it regularly instead of A380s.

Really lottery these days ....

Comment

• It was blessing in disguise. I actually attempted to book sq business class redemption for july 2016 on sq to nrt, before finally went with ana business (not redemption). The lucky thing was they scheduled another downgrade to 772 next year. I'll wait and see what will happen with nrt/hnd. I am regular nrt/hnd customer who flies 2 times a year. So my next will be february 2017. Hopefully hnd will get 77wn by the timenthe booking opens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                                NRT seems to have lost 77WN as permanent equipment. Now 77W is also used rather regularly.
                                Well it does make sense when the first 19 no. 77W get retrofitted with the 2013 cabin products eventually. Based on this assumption, SQ 638/7 will then be permanently served by the same type of aircraft with the new cabin products.

HND current load factor and demand is already very high except for SQ 634 which nobody like. It is though interesting if they really deploy a 77W with new cabin for SQ 636 and 632.
                                Last edited by iancasillas; 3 November 2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X