Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    SQ362/361 has gotten consecutive 77WN.......9V-SNA flew SQ362 today.
    Yup I knew for standalone routes ad hoc substitutions to 77WN to Europe can happen. This was the case for AMS when it was a 77W. Next month DME will get the 359 and new cabin products so a plus for an ad hoc substitution (to some degree).

Comment

• Was on a WN the other day to FRA on SQ326. Best chance for J redemption. Had a single seat initially and really don't get comfortable unless I'm in bulkhead rows 11 or 15. Normal sitting to stretch legs makes you twist your spine uncomfortably and for lounging the seat still doesn't recline far enough for my liking. Oh well, maybe I'm getting old, haha.

All bulkheads were showing occupied during OLCI, but once onboard center aisle seats in row 15 were both empty and I switched. Thank god, well closeness of galley / toilets can be a bit bothersome, but given it is largely a day flight I was okay.

PEY was maybe 1/3 occupied when I had a peak. Tested the seat a bit, not bad, but for my flight price was 3k SGD which is too steep. Anyways.

Comment

• My 772nd post but SQ636/631 to HND is served by a regional 773 instead of a 77WN, it got 9V-SYH. Coincidentally, the morning PVG flight SQ828/831 got a 772 (9V-SRO), which tends to happen but very rare.

Comment

• Managed to snag a PY seat on SQ 237 on 20 Nov, operated by SWP. Received an email about the change and when I logged on, I discovered that it had the PY layout. SWP also operated SQ 227 on 21 Nov while SQ 237 returned to the 773. It seems the aircraft deployments are a bit fluid these days.

Comment

• My 773rd post, lol. Another bird to look out for is 9V-SWT, has not been flying since last Wednesday (11/16). I wonder if they've decided to take 2 original 77W at a time for reconfiguration. It's already its 3rd week SWE is still not flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
              Managed to snag a PY seat on SQ 237 on 20 Nov, operated by SWP. Received an email about the change and when I logged on, I discovered that it had the PY layout. SWP also operated SQ 227 on 21 Nov while SQ 237 returned to the 773. It seems the aircraft deployments are a bit fluid these days.
              Yup, because they have a spare one they can use on an ad-hoc route basis instead of just leaving it idle and sitting on the ground for days. Eventually MEL will be 77WR (227/228) from a few posters and a dummy booking of course. It is fluid because no 77WR are spending time on maintenance.

Comment

• SYD - SIN how often do we see new cabin in these route

Looking to book a reward ticket on SYD - SIN around Mid Feb 2017 . Keen to try the new BUsiness J cabin in 777-300ER . What is my chances ?

Flight radar show last 7 days there is an 9V-SNA on 21 November on SQ212 SYD - SIN but other day seem to be old J business class product . Which will be better the A380 J 06 Product or 777-300ER 06 J product ?

Thanks for all the help .

Comment

• Originally posted by Dsd View Post
                  Which will be better the A380 J 06 Product or 777-300ER 06 J product ?
                  The 2006 products on both planes are essentially the same, but for a better inflight experience I would go with the A380. It's really a no-brainer. The A380 is roomier and MUCH quieter, and if you can get one with an all-J upper deck, that's even better.

After doing a couple of back-to-back A380 and 777 flights, you can really appreciate the extra comfort of the A380. The noise levels alone make so much difference to the inflight experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                    The A380 is roomier and MUCH quieter, and if you can get one with an all-J upper deck, that's even better.
                    The A380 upper deck is substantially smaller than the 777 cabin, so much so that the seats themselves have had to be narrowed and modified to be shoehorned in.

I am not sure how anyone could objectively describe it as "roomier."

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                      The A380 upper deck is substantially smaller than the 777 cabin, so much so that the seats themselves have had to be narrowed and modified to be shoehorned in.

Agreed the upper deck on A380 is narrower and there is less a shelf and side compartment to put your things (unless you are on the bulkhead then both don't have the shelf)

But in all aspects having sat in both A380 and 777W quite a number of times they both are quite similar and the experience is quite minor. My take is on the A380 as it is more quiet and I feel less "jet lag", also the upper deck feels better but this is just a personal opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dsd View Post
                        Looking to book a reward ticket on SYD - SIN around Mid Feb 2017 . Keen to try the new BUsiness J cabin in 777-300ER . What is my chances ?

Flight radar show last 7 days there is an 9V-SNA on 21 November on SQ212 SYD - SIN but other day seem to be old J business class product . Which will be better the A380 J 06 Product or 777-300ER 06 J product ?

Thanks for all the help .
                        Do have a look out typically SQ does have a 2013J to SYD on a regular basis but do note there could be occasional equipment swaps. I fly 231 and 222 and they've been on 2013J. You could try one end on 777 and another on a380

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post

That maybe true but I have to agree with jaywell, for some reason the A380 upper deck just feels more spacious compared to the 777

Comment

• My 777th post lol

SQ378/377 to MXP/BCN is operated by a 77WN, 9V-SWW instead of the 2006 77W. First time I am seeing this for BCN, but it is a rare treat they are getting for once: The 2013 cabin products which usually sometimes just do MXP itself. Now onto BCN? Nice until they decide to put a A350 there one day.

Comment

• Have sat in J on an all-J upper deck on the A380, i can testify that the noise levels are very low. No idea about the difference between the 2 J products on the 77W vs A380, but i would go A380 as noise is a key factor for me and anyway the seat is already the widest in the sky.......if you want more storage space try for a window seat because of the windowside bins.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                                I fly 231 and 222 and they've been on 2013J. You could try one end on 777 and another on a380

Good luck
                                Thank you for sharing your experience , i only have enough miles for one way SYD - SIN and based on other opinion the different between 380 and 777 is not that much different i will take my chance and book our family on a 777-300ER flight to see if we can get a new 2013J product on . If not 2006J product will still be good enough as this will be our first experience with SQ Business Product .

Just done a quick search and look like SQ have change 231 and 222 to the A380 .

Let say if SQ fly new 2013J from SIN-SYD that plane will have to fly back SYD-SIN right ? unless it can go somewhere else from SYD .

Comment

Working...
                                X