X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea. I meant the 777 need to be updated with the 2013 products anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
      I'm also wondering if the A380s will ever get refitted, though i suppose that if the 77Ws are taking so long, the A380s will be scrapped before they have a chance to be refitted.
      SQ has announced earlier that they plan to introduce a new biz/suites on A380 in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
        SQ has announced earlier that they plan to introduce a new biz/suites on A380 in 2017.
        Only the 5 new A380 will get the new product immediately. First bird should fly in October 2017.

The refurbishment of the remaining A380 is not confirmed yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
          Probably doing it for the expanded J capacity.

PEY cannot sell, then just overbook Y.

Worst case just remove the PEY and change to Y.

The 2013 J and F needs to be updated no matter what.
          Good thought about the overbooking Y thing. I seriously wondered if some adhoc subs to 77WR were the cause of that (e.g. PVG, MEL, and HND). I wonder if that's gonna be implemented for the new Manchester/Houston route. I mean if they're really only stepping up their refitting game now, then more older 77W would be out of the way to allow refit to newer cabins.

BTW - I don't know if you noticed but MUC is actually not an A359, did a dummy booking and looked at the schedules. Although SQ328/327 will be terminator service, it still shows 77W in schedules and dummy booking.

So I think like I said by Oct 23, 2 frames taken from SQ15/16 will perform one of the LAX routes. The other one may need 2 additional for a week, then the other two taken out of SYD, AKL which get A380 for their Summertime might also be used. That's 4 frames needed for the LAX routes. The LHR, MUC, DXB, HKG, and likely JNB route may need extra frames (LHR will need 2, MUC will need 2, JNB will also need 2), so I think SQ is definitely stepping up their refit game now.

Also, is MXP really going 77WR? I don't see a dummy booking/redemption for PEY. It will only be a matter of time the majority of the older SW* birds up to SWT will get a new cabin.

Comment

• Wasn't JNB going to get 359s? Though it certainly seems like a good number of 772ERs for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              BTW - I don't know if you noticed but MUC is actually not an A359, did a dummy booking and looked at the schedules. Although SQ328/327 will be terminator service, it still shows 77W in schedules and dummy booking.
              I posted exactly that two days ago in this very thread. I have an actual booking out of MUC for next July. It is still 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                Wasn't JNB going to get 359s? Though it certainly seems like a good number of 772ERs for now.
                The 3x weekly JNB terminator flights are 359 and from any chack I have made they seem to be getting that product.

The 4x weekly flights that tag through to CPT have never been officially announced as going 359, although the A350 mini-site curiously lists Cape Town as a destination.

The plan was for these flights to go 77W with a roped off F cabin as a temporary measure which was to have started in June. Then June became July. Now the 77W plan has been pushed all the way back to 30OCT according to the PDF timetable.

I guess they are sort of getting some of the 77W capacity that used to head to GRU but there seem to be a few too many plans for the 77W as of 30OCT for my liking. Perhaps as SMF arrives, something will be changed to 359 at the last moment.

Comment

• Ah right i didn't realise that on some days JNB carries on to CPT. I did notice the 359 flights and wondered why JNB wasn't fully 359.

Comment

• So now I can finally move on. SWA is now flying 326/325, after it will do 285/286 to AKL, then Europe and maybe the US. Evidence is proven for it to be 77WR. After all it hasn't even flown any non 77WR routes anymore at least for now.

Comment

• Anyone what happened to SQ15 (9V-SWO) on Friday (9/9)? It got delayed til 3:30PM, and seems to be going back as SQ9015 to SIN, leaving only 3 PEY planes on the ground causing knock on effects to DXB and CGK.

My assumption is mechanical problem, maybe not like SWP back in May.

Comment

• Hello everyone
                        It has been quite a while that some of us should be able to update the list for of SQ aircraft including refitted 77W
                        Thank you in forward

Comment

• Time indeed to update. Maybe no update because we are waiting to know what's happening to SWB...It will be about 3 months since it's been out of action (Whole Summer the plane has not been flying). Anyone know or heard more news about the status of 9V-SWB rather than it is getting fixed and is getting a new (77WR) cabin and likely new Wifi like SWA? I hope they're not writing it off and replacing it with SND.

9V-SWA is flying SQ16 for the first time as 77WR (Now on its way from ICN-SFO) ever since February when it had the 2006 3-class cabin product. Evidence concludes the strongest that since SQ16/15 are 77WR, then therefore, 9V-SWA is a 77WR that has flown all assigned PEY numbers. The only route it hasn't flown is LHR (306/305). So far I don't know of any most recent pictures of 9V-SWA because people have mentioned it got a Wifi hump now (Assuming it looks like the one SWU-SNC have). Has anyone flown SWA recently and tried out the new OnAir GX Aviation Wifi? If so, is it time based or volume based? Please let us all know. Anyway, I am happy now to believe 9V-SWA is a 77WR, end of story.

Comment

• Anyone noticed that there are 2 versions of IFE interface on the retrofitted 77Ws? Flew SWM (Economy) to Sydney in July and just last week on SWP (Business) and the IFE interface between the 2 seems different. It was more intuitive on SWM, compared to on SWP where I needed some time to figure out the IFE selections.

Or maybe is it a different interface due to the cabin class? Economy has touchscreens but not Business Class.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              Anyone noticed that there are 2 versions of IFE interface on the retrofitted 77Ws? Flew SWM (Economy) to Sydney in July and just last week on SWP (Business) and the IFE interface between the 2 seems different. It was more intuitive on SWM, compared to on SWP where I needed some time to figure out the IFE selections.

Or maybe is it a different interface due to the cabin class? Economy has touchscreens but not Business Class.
                              Are you referring to the software or hardware?

Haven't flown YCL on the new product yet, but I know that PEY, JCL and FCL have basically identical systems (although PEY has touch screens which are smaller, and JCL/FCL have no need for touch screen). I know on the 2006 products JCL/FCL is far more responsive and smooth, as well as having a better physical controller.
                              Fly well,
                              Travel safe,
                              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                                Anyone noticed that there are 2 versions of IFE interface on the retrofitted 77Ws? Flew SWM (Economy) to Sydney in July and just last week on SWP (Business) and the IFE interface between the 2 seems different. It was more intuitive on SWM, compared to on SWP where I needed some time to figure out the IFE selections.

Is it like that for all refitted 77W (SW* birds) or even the 77WN and SN* 77WR also have that same touchscreen issue for J?

Comment

Working...
                                X