No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus is also considering a further stretch of the A350 (the A350-2000). That would be fairly close to the capacity of the 777-9.

Comment

• Maybe if they priced PEY more reasonably it might do better? When I have looked at prices they where closer to J than Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Maybe if they priced PEY more reasonably it might do better? When I have looked at prices they where closer to J than Y.
        Yes agreed. PEY at the current price point is just too high for normal Y passengers to justify the upgrade. If they were to settle for a ~30% premium over Y fares, then that would be desirable.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
          Yes agreed. PEY at the current price point is just too high for normal Y passengers to justify the upgrade. If they were to settle for a ~30% premium over Y fares, then that would be desirable.
          The price they charge, you might as well go for J.

Comment

• Would it be a bad idea if they made PEY upgrades a free, space-available perk for KF elites and/or the more expensive fare buckets?

Comment

• We can agree that the PEY price is not what most are willing to pay and that's why PEY is such a bad product to begin with. As mentioned earlier it's a neither here nor there product.

But really what is a good price ? We can't look at linear aggregation perspective. I can see SIA invested a lot of $$$ in it and the space it takes up compared to Y. Additionally it's Flexi Y fares are too high so the PEY price point is soooo moot because they can't under cut the flexi Y price and also they need to recover their multi million dollar investment. If they don't sell the seats it's a waste of space they could use for regular Y

PEY does not make sense at all. On a high level it seems so wonderful bridging a gap that everyone seems to complain but when you look at it closer it's a bridge that the respective target audience are not willing to pay to cross. Perhaps this why the ME3 have not started to implemented.

If I were SQ I would have looked at how to improve Y which is highly considered and see how they can make Y better or even better make all the Y PEYLite

Comment

• I think one of the reasons PEY has not been a success for SQ is that its economy product is by contemporary airline standards now above average. There's not much value in going from Y to PEY on SQ because even Y is roomy and not unreasonable. On the other hand, if you're in a 10-abreast 777 with crap legroom... that 8-abreast looks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                  I think one of the reasons PEY has not been a success for SQ is that its economy product is by contemporary airline standards now above average. There's not much value in going from Y to PEY on SQ because even Y is roomy and not unreasonable. On the other hand, if you're in a 10-abreast 777 with crap legroom... that 8-abreast looks better.
                  Exactly my point. But I hope SQ does not take this post or point to degrade their Y so as to make the PEY more attractive though

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                    I think one of the reasons PEY has not been a success for SQ is that its economy product is by contemporary airline standards now above average. There's not much value in going from Y to PEY on SQ because even Y is roomy and not unreasonable. On the other hand, if you're in a 10-abreast 777 with crap legroom... that 8-abreast looks better.
                    Agree 100% (with the exception of ancient 772s!)

I can't imagine what a 10-abreast 777 is like and never want to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

Well lots of options for you like EK, BR etc I think QR also moving to 10 across. Heck why not try EK 11 across seating fir good measure

http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-deb...ed-airbus-a380
                      Edited: Emirates has since removed the 11 abreast seating idea - still 10 across as of now

What a nightmare I really hope that doesn't become a norm
                      Last edited by alian; 15 July 2016, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

I have flew 10-abreast 777 Y on Air France a couple of times to CDG. What you get is a narrorer seat width and aisle.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                          Well lots of options for you like EK, BR etc I think QR also moving to 10 across. Heck why not try EK 11 across seating fir good measure

That article (and some similar others floating on the net) is very misleading. The extra economy seats on that new Emirates A380 configuration comes from the elimination of first class and the reduction of business, not from an 11-abreast Y cabin.

In fact, Tim Clark has already dismissed the 11-abreast idea. See: http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-to-...breast-seating

Airbus is still pushing ahead with the 11-abreast offering though; however, no airline has taken it up yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post

Really sad but that is the reality, smaller planes, smaller seats and pay for every little thing, blame the LCCs and slowly the larger airlines have also had to evolve.
                            Heck, if safety authorities allowed it standing room only for a 2 hr. Flight may be the future

Comment

• I wonder what the status is with the 77WN maps upgrade? I am still under the impression SWV has it now. Already confirmed by a few posters SWU and SWZ have it too.

SWW, SWY, and SNA still likely are left to do so. All 77WN still flying about today hence why LHR is back to the regular 77WN rotation!

Also out of curiosity how long does a Wifi refit take? I already know the Whiskey versions of the 77WR have OnAir.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowie View Post
                                That article (and some similar others floating on the net) is very misleading. The extra economy seats on that new Emirates A380 configuration comes from the elimination of first class and the reduction of business, not from an 11-abreast Y cabin.

In fact, Tim Clark has already dismissed the 11-abreast idea. See: http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-to-...breast-seating

Airbus is still pushing ahead with the 11-abreast offering though; however, no airline has taken it up yet.
                                Yes I agree on the info supplied was outdated. made an edit to the article to correct. Well I do recall in the past on some 747s there were 11 across. Just hope we don't get there

Comment

Working...
                                X