Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mst View Post
    Interestin, booked on SQ228, but seat selection still shows the 3 class layout for me.
    Yes it will. SQ228 does not get the 77WR, it gets the 77WN. The difference from the regular older 77W is that the 77WN has the new 2013 product and is a newer plane (SWU-Z, SNA), but the layout is almost identical. I believe the 77WN can be differentiated by the presence of two extra seats in their own row at the rear- 57H&K. Somebody needs to confirm this though- just typing off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SQ227/8 are always the flights that get the best products, so usually they are the new interior and have been for about a year now. SQ217/8 are then the next in line - sometimes they can get the new product, but not recently.

SQ237/8 was only recently upgraded from an old 773 to 77W, so no chance of getting the new product there.
      Rather to put on new products, I think SQ should seriously put B77WR on SQ 227/8 as well as SQ 217/8 immediately. It is disappointing that Melbourne don't get Premium Economy products daily that makes premium passengers have to end up in cattle class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        Rather to put on new products, I think SQ should seriously put B77WR on SQ 227/8 as well as SQ 217/8 immediately. It is disappointing that Melbourne don't get Premium Economy products daily that makes premium passengers have to end up in cattle class.
        I think the problem would be capacity. MEL flights are always packed, even at four a day. They would have to upgauge at least one flight to A380 or put a fifth flight on to compensate the shortfall in seats.

Definitely take your point though- I just booked MEL-DUS and even though I'll be flying A350 on the DUS sectors, it didn't offer me PEY as an option. (Not that I was looking to select it, but didn't see it.)

Do all flights have to be PEY on a booking in order to book a sector in PEY?

Comment

• I wasn't shown it either when searching some flights Germany to MEL, even when the leg to SIN had PE. Think they only show it if all flights have it.
          And that would match with some info I once got from them, that you can't mix classes within one booking. I mean you can have different fare classes within biz or eco, but you can't mix Y on one flight, J on the connecting one. So you'd probably need to buy seperate tickets.

Comment

• Can't wait for my SQ865 flight next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by mst View Post
              I wasn't shown it either when searching some flights Germany to MEL, even when the leg to SIN had PE. Think they only show it if all flights have it.
              And that would match with some info I once got from them, that you can't mix classes within one booking. I mean you can have different fare classes within biz or eco, but you can't mix Y on one flight, J on the connecting one. So you'd probably need to buy seperate tickets.
              Alternatively you can call up to SQ's booking office and they will be able to sort that out for you.

I recalled Premium Economy bookings is available as long as 1 of the long haul sector has Premium Economy in it.

Such as if SYD-SIN has S Class then you can book SYD-HKG in S Class whilst the SQ2 sector will be sold in Business; alternatively if SYD-SIN has no S class (SQ242/860), even if S Class is sold in the short haul sector, you cannot book it online.

With MEL flights, I think as no B777-200 will be retired this coming year, I think there should be some spares which perhaps SQ can add another SQ257/258 which leaves Melbourne around mid-night to cater the demand for red eye ex-Australia departure?

Comment

• Also one more thing; BOM has gone 77WR for the first time as 424/423. I wonder if this is going to be a regular occurrence right now. Usually has rotated between 77WN, 77W, and 773 during lower season to BOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Yes it will. SQ228 does not get the 77WR, it gets the 77WN. The difference from the regular older 77W is that the 77WN has the new 2013 product and is a newer plane (SWU-Z, SNA), but the layout is almost identical. I believe the 77WN can be differentiated by the presence of two extra seats in their own row at the rear- 57H&K. Somebody needs to confirm this though- just typing off the top of my head.
                  Though I have never been on a 77WN (Yet), you are correct. The 77WN has 57HK wheras the older 77W only goes up to 56. I wonder what they would do if the flight was fully booked including 57HK and suddenly swaps happen to an older 77W?

Speaking of 77Ws, also 227/228 have also had a fair number of old 77W days whereas 318/319 are still having old 77W but less than before, since SWU's return to service they have opped up frequncy of 77WN. I hope it's only a matter of time SQ will update more older 77W to the 77WN configuration at least. I do know at least 1-2 77W need to be refitted to 77WR to serve both LAX routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I do know at least 1-2 77W need to be refitted to 77WR to serve both LAX routes.
                    The forthcoming winter schedule can be performed with the nine 77WR that already exist: no additional frames are needed. Two of the required LA aircraft come from SQ 15/16, and two come from SQ305/306. The latter rotation goes A388 as does SQ231/222 to/from Sydney.

Comment

• Folks, can somebody confirm what is there in 77WR in economy, I recently booked the new LAX flight, is the IFE same as A380 or better or worse? Have a 5 yr old and hence want to know if we need an iPad stocked or IFE will suffice. The A388 selections were pretty good, also wanted to know what is the case with a classic 77W in case there is a downgrade on the day of the flight, of course hoping for a 77WN but that may be optimistic

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                        Folks, can somebody confirm what is there in 77WR in economy, I recently booked the new LAX flight, is the IFE same as A380 or better or worse? Have a 5 yr old and hence want to know if we need an iPad stocked or IFE will suffice. The A388 selections were pretty good, also wanted to know what is the case with a classic 77W in case there is a downgrade on the day of the flight, of course hoping for a 77WN but that may be optimistic
                        The 77WR have the latest 2013 Y Product and IFE is great. They have the latest selection and is better than the A388. The system is also the newer Panasonic X3 compared to the A388 X2 system. Also should expect the 3D route map.

There are a good number of games and movies for kids but that subjective. You can download the SIA APP to have a preview of the selection but it'll update based on when your are flying.

Have a great flight.

Comment

• Forgot to mention the classic 77W is almost very similar to the A388. Think both use the same Panasonic x2 system with the sane selection of entertainment and same 2006 IFE

Comment

• 7 more days to my SQ865 flight!

Comment

• Just flew SWU in on SQ319 from LHR, am happy to report (if no one has mentioned it yet) that this bird has the Voyager 3D maps!

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                                Just flew SWU in on SQ319 from LHR, am happy to report (if no one has mentioned it yet) that this bird has the Voyager 3D maps!
                                Wonderful news to hear! So it is confirmed SWU and SWZ have the new Voyager 3D maps. I'm starting to wonder if the longer 77WN maintance was to also update the IFE and maps to 3D and SWV is updating maps too.

Well, new cabin products and 3D maps blend nicely together no matter the configuration. Probably by the time I fly in December maybe all 77WN will have 3D maps. I also think it's in tandem to keep up with the A350 which also has the 3D maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X