Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    Currently in London after finally getting to try the new J on SQ318 operated by 9V-SWU. Planning to post a TR when I get the chance!
    Sounds like you're jflyer now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Sounds like you're jflyer now
      No lah...saver upgrade redemption ...a rare treat!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
        Is there a difference between the SW.. and the SN.. series?

Honestly I didn't notice a difference, I think I flew with SNB twice as well as a few SW..s
        No difference at all. SW.. and SN.. birds are equipped the same way fitted as 4-class aircraft. It's just that the SW* refitted birds used to have the 2006 cabin product and have been refurbished and refitted with all new 2013 cabin products. I think some people that were complaining were on a SW* bird. The other difference I can note is that all the refitted SW* birds have still kept the OnAir volume based system whereas the SN birds have T-Mobile Time based wifi. Out of curiosity does 9V-SWL have OnAir Wifi or not fitted with Wifi at all?

The SN birds: SNB and SNC were delivered from the Boeing factory empty and SQ decided to take 5 weeks to fit in the newest seats fresh.

Comment

• Anyone know what happened to SQ2 (9V-SWV) on Thursday? It flew from SIN-HKG, but not HKG-SFO. Flightradar24 shows SQ2D and flew back to SFO only some X days later. I assume it was a mechanical problem or something of that nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Anyone know what happened to SQ2 (9V-SWV) on Thursday? It flew from SIN-HKG, but not HKG-SFO. Flightradar24 shows SQ2D and flew back to SFO only some X days later. I assume it was a mechanical problem or something of that nature.
            Yes my friends were supposed to be on the SQ1. They were told the plane broke down and could not fly on to SFO, and their flight was cancelled. There was a new flight for them SQ 9001 that departed around 1700 on Friday.

Comment

• Thanks guys for all the assistance with plane choice. Managed to get both 777WR new business- for SQ318 and SQ319 in late april and mid may. Currently looks this these flights are very random when it comes to new/old business product. Is it me but does the food not taste as good as it looks?

Comment

• Originally posted by prozerran View Post
                Thanks guys for all the assistance with plane choice. Managed to get both 777WR new business- for SQ318 and SQ319 in late april and mid may. Currently looks this these flights are very random when it comes to new/old business product. Is it me but does the food not taste as good as it looks?
                Took SIN-LHR on SQ306 last year in J on a 77WN, yup the food is not as good. One of the FA noted to us the ovens in the refurbished planes are microwave and not conventional so the quality of the food drops. I've noted this myself on the A350 and 77WN, 77WR. I actually now prefer the older 77Ws and A380s. I'm not to much of a fan of the new 2013 J and I'm still old school and find the 2006 J really good. The leather much more comfortable in the 2006 J even compared to the 2013 F. But really it is also a preference and do try it yourself in terms of seat. But the food to me if a drop in quality though

Comment

• It's only becoming more and more interesting to see more days SQ318/319 are getting the 2006 77W product. This is probably because SWU is in maintenance or undergoing 77WR refit. This week 5/7 days since last Friday they got a 77WN.

Comment

• Yeah.....flew SQ318 up to LHR last Friday and it was on an old 77W. I initially selected this route because of the high probability of 77WN.....now no idea why SQ is suddenly neglecting LHR. Frustrating. Hope i manage to snag a 77WN on the way back.

Comment

• SWU has returned to service as 77WN not 77WR.Doing 227/228, clearly we can tell it was undergoing maintenance. As expected to be 77WN, sounds like they don't even want to refit the planes. At least they should still do 1 more refit before SYD goes 77WR and they definitely need to have 3 more 77WR before both LAX flights go 77WN. If SQ2/1 will consistently get the 2013 products and not go thru unnecessary switches, at least more 77W need to be refitted to 77WN.

I'm sure SQ2/1 is unlikely to ever have switches to the old cabin but the same should go for any 77W route if they want to refit all with the newest cabin products (Again doesn't have to all be 77WR) if demand doesn't warrant it to be. OT: Hope they will update the 77WN will 3D maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        SWU has returned to service as 77WN not 77WR.Doing 227/228, clearly we can tell it was undergoing maintenance. As expected to be 77WN, sounds like they don't even want to refit the planes. At least they should still do 1 more refit before SYD goes 77WR and they definitely need to have 3 more 77WR before both LAX flights go 77WN. If SQ2/1 will consistently get the 2013 products and not go thru unnecessary switches, at least more 77W need to be refitted to 77WN.

I'm sure SQ2/1 is unlikely to ever have switches to the old cabin but the same should go for any 77W route if they want to refit all with the newest cabin products (Again doesn't have to all be 77WR) if demand doesn't warrant it to be. OT: Hope they will update the 77WN will 3D maps.
                        Yep, was just gonna update on SWU but you beat me to it. Hope that clears the way for SQ318/319 to return to regular 77WN service, though i'm looking at SWV and it has not flown since 2 days back. Could well be nothing, but if its now taken its turn in the maintenance hangar, we'll probably see the same patterns.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the schedule is for putting MEL on the new cabins? Especially SQ237 and 228 in my case.

Comment

• Originally posted by mst View Post
                            Does anyone know what the schedule is for putting MEL on the new cabins? Especially SQ237 and 228 in my case.
                            SQ227/8 are always the flights that get the best products, so usually they are the new interior and have been for about a year now. SQ217/8 are then the next in line - sometimes they can get the new product, but not recently.

SQ237/8 was only recently upgraded from an old 773 to 77W, so no chance of getting the new product there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              SQ227/8 are always the flights that get the best products, so usually they are the new interior and have been for about a year now. SQ217/8 are then the next in line - sometimes they can get the new product, but not recently.

SQ237/8 was only recently upgraded from an old 773 to 77W, so no chance of getting the new product there.
                              There were two instances 237/238 got SWZ, other than thats its been a mix of the 2006 77W and 773.

Comment

• Interestin, booked on SQ228, but seat selection still shows the 3 class layout for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X