No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've flown in the new Y seat quite a few times now and I can't say I recall the seat sliding forward. I certainly recall people in front of me slamming it all the way back the second the seatbelt sign went out, so I don't think they are anything that could be described as a shell seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Don't tell me the reclining part was like what CX's shell seats were like on their 744 and A343 (I flew them once in 2009 with the shell seats, and honestly, I didn't find it uncomfortable, it was weird to have it reclining forward, and online I've seen feedback that it could give backpain). Someone mentioned SWL has its problems, too for touchscreen system. First I wonder if SWL actually has the OnAir Wifi system, and second what kind of problems people are telling about it. I hope that if I fly SQ's refitted (Sierra-Whiskey planes excluding 77WN) or brand new plane with the new cabin products, I don't deal with this problem. My family friends are flying SQ15 in June on the way to India and back on SQ16 and hope they don't run into this problem. It alarms me to hear bugs with the new IFE even if SQ is trying to make the cabin experience better.
      Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I've flown in the new Y seat quite a few times now and I can't say I recall the seat sliding forward. I certainly recall people in front of me slamming it all the way back the second the seatbelt sign went out, so I don't think they are anything that could be described as a shell seat.
      Well...for the touchescreen system on my flight...it did have some problems as mention...also another thing I remember is the downlight from the screen you can only find tht function on the touch screen and not the remote control...n the function is on the quick settings which sometime is troublesome for me when i want to go to that setting while watching the movie

Also the onward connections for the touch screen is a bit cranky too as there were several onward connections shown n the terminal it shows is Terminal 12,13,14 instead of 1 or 2 or 3....strange indeed
      As for the seat...yes it indeed slides forward a bit but not lik the CX shell types...

Comment

• Well. I have flown several times on the new 77s and Iam not getting warm with the new IFE.
        It hangs frequently (the crew seems have some routine in rebooting the system) and also autostarts quite often (after restart i was ending up in the kids menu ). Neither the remote control or touchscreen is easily taking the responses.
        Even the flightmap is full of bugs....

I hope they will fix it over the time. I miss the old Kriworld

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
          Well. I have flown several times on the new 77s and Iam not getting warm with the new IFE.
          It hangs frequently (the crew seems have some routine in rebooting the system) and also autostarts quite often (after restart i was ending up in the kids menu ). Neither the remote control or touchscreen is easily taking the responses.
          Even the flightmap is full of bugs....

I hope they will fix it over the time. I miss the old Kriworld
          Yeah from what you're telling me it's likely from the refitted Sierra Whiskey birds.

What about those who have flown the Sierra November birds, 9V-SNB or 9V-SNC? Any complaints on the IFE/3D maps/T-Mobile Wifi?

Comment

Yeah from what you're telling me it's likely from the refitted Sierra Whiskey birds.

What about those who have flown the Sierra November birds, 9V-SNB or 9V-SNC? Any complaints on the IFE/3D maps/T-Mobile Wifi?
            Flew -SNB in J recently, and no complaints. Everything worked fine (although didn't try the Wi-Fi). Having said that, there were cabin issues prior to take-off. The engineers were onboard fixing cabin lighting and signs. They did a reboot of the entire system, causing all lights and signs to go off and on repeatedly and play several "dings" that sounded like the fire alarm.
            Most hilarious thing was when the entire cabin lighting suddenly flickered through each colour (red, green, blue), making the cabin like a weird disco. Pax were so confused!
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• I flew a few weeks ago on SNB. I didn't encounter any hangs/reboots with the IFE or the 3D maps, although I did have some problems with the user interface (not sure if it was a bad design, or a slightly dirty controller that was responsible).

If anything, it was the older systems on the A380 and the refitted 773 I flew on my return leg that I found a way to crash...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                Flew -SNB in J recently, and no complaints. Everything worked fine (although didn't try the Wi-Fi). Having said that, there were cabin issues prior to take-off. The engineers were onboard fixing cabin lighting and signs. They did a reboot of the entire system, causing all lights and signs to go off and on repeatedly and play several "dings" that sounded like the fire alarm.
                Most hilarious thing was when the entire cabin lighting suddenly flickered through each colour (red, green, blue), making the cabin like a weird disco. Pax were so confused!
                Wow, I see. From my mom's personal experience on AI back in February this year, on the way back (DEL-SFO) the entire 77L entertainment system did not work. My mom would definitely be more grateful of SQ's entertainment system that works even if the cabin crew have to do a reboot now and then.

Hope if I fly SQ15/16 in the future I land up on a Sierra November bird at least for both that and the T-Mobile Wifi else it would have to be SQ1/2 without the 3D maps.

Comment

• Is there a difference between the SW.. and the SN.. series?

Honestly I didn't notice a difference, I think I flew with SNB twice as well as a few SW..s

Comment

• Small ones, but there are some differences. SN series all have T-Mobile Wifi, while the SW-series kept the OnAir systems, so the pricing is different. Also, I think the 3D maps started with SNB? Not sure which other planes have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                      Small ones, but there are some differences. SN series all have T-Mobile Wifi, while the SW-series kept the OnAir systems, so the pricing is different. Also, I think the 3D maps started with SNB? Not sure which other planes have it.
                      SWJ has the Voyager 3D maps.

Comment

• Someone said SNB, SNC, and all SW* 77WR have 3D Voyageur maps. Not 77WN with the exception of SWZ as a poster mentioned, any other 77WN have it?

Comment

Don't tell me the reclining part was like what CX's shell seats were like on their 744 and A343 (I flew them once in 2009 with the shell seats, and honestly, I didn't find it uncomfortable, it was weird to have it reclining forward, and online I've seen feedback that it could give backpain).
                          Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          I've flown in the new Y seat quite a few times now and I can't say I recall the seat sliding forward.
                          It is not the old CX Y shell seat (Thank goodness!). The back reclines normally, but the front pivots forward slightly so that it forms a very comfortable angle for resting. One of the most comfortable Y seats out there.

More info on the 77WN Y seat in this TR.

Currently in London after finally getting to try the new J on SQ318 operated by 9V-SWU. Planning to post a TR when I get the chance!
                          Last edited by yflyer; 26 April 2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            It is not the old CX Y shell seat (Thank goodness!). The back reclines normally, but the front pivots forward slightly so that it forms a very comfortable angle for resting. One of the most comfortable Y seats out there.

More info on the 77WN Y seat in this TR.

Currently in London after finally getting to try the new J on SQ318 operated by 9V-SWU. Planning to post a TR when I get the chance!
                            I understand. The way someone put it, that led me to misunderstand, so first of all I'm sorry if I felt I was confused. The TR is good though, as I might have said more than enough times it resembles EK's A380 Y class seats I flown back in late2014/early 2015, which I have a feeling SQ's newest product will be just as comfortable

Comment

• I'm traveling J Class on SQ231 in January. SQ website shows 777-300ER, with S class available. Am I to understand this means new J product?

Comment

• Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
                                I'm traveling J Class on SQ231 in January. SQ website shows 777-300ER, with S class available. Am I to understand this means new J product?
                                Yes, that's correct.

Cross your fingers that they don't decide to upgauge the flight to an A380!

Comment

Working...
                                X