Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Lucky you.I bet you must have had two seats to yourself. I thought HKG had demand for PEY. Also, have they installed Wifi on SWO or they left it without Wifi?
    I was in Y because was on company travel. FSS did say it was quite full up to HKG.

Yes, it is fitted with wifi but unfortunately the OnAir version which did seem to work fine (apart from over Vietnam due to restrictions).

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
      I was in Y because was on company travel. FSS did say it was quite full up to HKG.

Yes, it is fitted with wifi but unfortunately the OnAir version which did seem to work fine (apart from over Vietnam due to restrictions).
      Wow I see. So it sounds like all current 77WRs have Wifi, so flying out of SFO in the future, SQ16/15, chances of having wifi 100%, but SQ2/1 should be 100% unless they swap with an older product (Especially one that doesn't have Wifi). Sounds like the current volume based plan like the current other 77W's (9V-SWJ, K, L-T). Hope the new OnAir Wifi will be tested and put on the 77W's soon.

Comment

• I'm sure you all like to talk about LHR that gets old 77W equipment now and then. Outside of that, DEL has been getting some poor treatment for about 2 weeks and so on. Instead of the A380 on SQ406/403, now it's the 77W, and to make matters worse, it's the old one (No ad-hoc substitution to the 77WN).

What's funny is that info.flightmapper states it's A380 year round. Wonder what happened to those who were suppose to fly the A380 that route?

Comment

I'm sure you all like to talk about LHR that gets old 77W equipment now and then. Outside of that, DEL has been getting some poor treatment for about 2 weeks and so on. Instead of the A380 on SQ406/403, now it's the 77W, and to make matters worse, it's the old one (No ad-hoc substitution to the 77WN).

What's funny is that info.flightmapper states it's A380 year round. Wonder what happened to those who were suppose to fly the A380 that route?
          Both DEL and BOM often have periods where they lose the A380, usually at least once a year. BOM sometimes gets two 77W in return in order to increase capacity and subsequently boost capacity elsewhere with the freed up A380.

Both cities effectively tie up an entire A380 yet the return flight is reasonably short compared to most. These flights do not fit neatly within other long-haul gaps, unlike HKG or PVG which dovetail neatly with ZRH, LHR or CDG.

In this respect, SQ are likely to pull the A380 from DEL if the load factor drops seasonally and they have a maintenance schedule pressure or greater need for it elsewhere because the timing of the flight is a less efficient use of the A380 fleet. That's also the reason MEL lost the A380 from SQ227/8.

Comment

• After a talk and major change of plans for Summer, it sounds like my family and I are not planning to go to India (or even Singapore for that matter), and also due to other reasons I won't mention. However, my mom is flying this coming Friday to India by AI (via DEL) and her itinerary can earn her KrisFlyer miles, so she'll become KF Silver before me (No fair!), and my dad will get a KF account when he has his next trip on SQ. Looks like I'll miss my chance to get a refitted 77W, or even a 77WN/R with T-Mobile Wifi this year.

Hopefully if I graduate university by late 2016, I can take a trip on SQ's 77W with T-Mobile Wifi either in January (or off peak season before Summer), or Summer 2017. I hope by then, ALL of SQ's 77Ws are refitted (Including SWA-I), and they all have Wifi (time based), and 3D maps (only on the other 77WN, except SWZ and all 77WR).

If PEY is really in good demand, I hope all 77W (Including 77WN) become 77WR, and both SFO routes will become 77WR. Still, I will be active and watching as all of us are on SQ's 77W for refit to 77WR irrespective of any changes in plans.

Comment

After a talk and major change of plans for Summer, it sounds like my family and I are not planning to go to India (or even Singapore for that matter), and also due to other reasons I won't mention. However, my mom is flying this coming Friday to India by AI (via DEL) and her itinerary can earn her KrisFlyer miles, so she'll become KF Silver before me (No fair!), and my dad will get a KF account when he has his next trip on SQ. Looks like I'll miss my chance to get a refitted 77W, or even a 77WN/R with T-Mobile Wifi this year.

Hopefully if I graduate university by late 2016, I can take a trip on SQ's 77W with T-Mobile Wifi either in January (or off peak season before Summer), or Summer 2017. I hope by then, ALL of SQ's 77Ws are refitted (Including SWA-I), and they all have Wifi (time based), and 3D maps (only on the other 77WN, except SWZ and all 77WR).

If PEY is really in good demand, I hope all 77W (Including 77WN) become 77WR, and both SFO routes will become 77WR. Still, I will be active and watching as all of us are on SQ's 77W for refit to 77WR irrespective of any changes in plans.
              The retrofitted 77W's are not getting the time based T-Mobile wifi. They are sticking with the OnAir service.

Comment

• Just flew on SWJ today and I can confirm it does have the new Panasonic Avionics Voyager 3D as its inflight map.

However, the system seems rather buggy as each time a PA came on, the screen would go blank once the PA finishes, which was rather annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  The retrofitted 77W's are not getting the time based T-Mobile wifi. They are sticking with the OnAir service.
                  I know. I was referencing SNB/C that has it (Assuming I fly a SN bird in the future)

Comment

• So I am booked on SQ227/228 soon. About once or twice a week it is an older 77W.

Any ideas for compensation for a F saver award ticket

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                      So I am booked on SQ227/228 soon. About once or twice a week it is an older 77W.

Any ideas for compensation for a F saver award ticket
                      I'm fairly certain it'll be zero. You booked a first class ticket, and you'll get a first class seat. The exact model of First class seat is not promised.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        I'm fairly certain it'll be zero. You booked a first class ticket, and you'll get a first class seat. The exact model of First class seat is not promised.
                        Well.... If you argue hard enough and don't mind a couple of months of back and forth with SQ's customer service, you mmmmaaaaayyyyyy just get those miles back...

.... or mabe not...
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          True and the difference is minimal. If it was A380 to and 777200 then I would expect something

Comment

• T-Mobile Wi-Fi

I was on 9V-SWW HND-SIN today and it was the T-Mobile plan which didn't seem to work. The price plans were US$11.95 / 1 hour > US$16.95 / 3 hours > US$21.95 / full flight. Anyone used this before? I assume your time is based on log on/off usage and not a continuous duration right else it's crazy expensive.

Comment

• Just came back from SQ325 . Was on 9V-SWO.....I have likes and dislikes for the new Y seat....The likes is the bigger touch screen.....
                              Dislikes to me were the touch screen was sometimes moody...can hang halfway and auto restart.....The flight path dunno why was showing only in chinese characters....
                              Also, dislike the meal tray as it was quite low and difficult yo eat....Also the usb charger was located in a position if your meal tray was dismounted...you need to readjust to be able to eat properly....I also don't really like the seat which slides forward when you recline......

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                                Just came back from SQ325 . Was on 9V-SWO.....I have likes and dislikes for the new Y seat....The likes is the bigger touch screen.....
                                Dislikes to me were the touch screen was sometimes moody...can hang halfway and auto restart.....The flight path dunno why was showing only in chinese characters....
                                Also, dislike the meal tray as it was quite low and difficult yo eat....Also the usb charger was located in a position if your meal tray was dismounted...you need to readjust to be able to eat properly....I also don't really like the seat which slides forward when you recline......
                                Don't tell me the reclining part was like what CX's shell seats were like on their 744 and A343 (I flew them once in 2009 with the shell seats, and honestly, I didn't find it uncomfortable, it was weird to have it reclining forward, and online I've seen feedback that it could give backpain). Someone mentioned SWL has its problems, too for touchscreen system. First I wonder if SWL actually has the OnAir Wifi system, and second what kind of problems people are telling about it. I hope that if I fly SQ's refitted (Sierra-Whiskey planes excluding 77WN) or brand new plane with the new cabin products, I don't deal with this problem. My family friends are flying SQ15 in June on the way to India and back on SQ16 and hope they don't run into this problem. It alarms me to hear bugs with the new IFE even if SQ is trying to make the cabin experience better.

Comment

Working...
                                X