No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Could anyone here tell me if SQ 632 from SIN-HND on the 777-300ER has the new cabins? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
      Hi. Could anyone here tell me if SQ 632 from SIN-HND on the 777-300ER has the new cabins? Thanks.
      SQ does not fly the 777-300ER to Haneda (SQ632). Haneda is always served by a A330 or 777-200/ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
        SQ does not fly the 777-300ER to Haneda (SQ632). Haneda is always served by a A330 or 777-200/ER.
        HND is often subject to change and lost its A330 services a while back.

Comment

Hi. Could anyone here tell me if SQ 632 from SIN-HND on the 777-300ER has the new cabins? Thanks.
          Currently SQ are flying the 777-300ER to HND for just a month, ending on OCT12. These planes have been of the non-refitted type with the original 2006 product cabins and have only been serving SQ636/1.

SQ 632/3 is served by a 772 non-ER and SQ 634/5 by a 773 non-ER. SQ 636/1 will soon also revert to 772 non-ER. All these planes feature SQ's oldest products with basically new seat covers. The IFE is the oldest kind and is fairly limited.

If you want the newer products you have to fly to NRT.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Currently SQ are flying the 777-300ER to HND for just a month, ending on OCT12. These planes have been of the non-refitted type with the original 2006 product cabins and have only been serving SQ636/1.

SQ 632/3 is served by a 772 non-ER and SQ 634/5 by a 773 non-ER. SQ 636/1 will soon also revert to 772 non-ER. All these planes feature SQ's oldest products with basically new seat covers. The IFE is the oldest kind and is fairly limited.

If you want the newer products you have to fly to NRT.
            This is probably SIA strategy to drive down the demand of flying into Haneda which is near to Tokyo city central. They are in fact enticing / encouraging people to fly to Narita by having the A380 and new 773ER flying there.

Comment

• Was in japan back in october last year around when the last 333 was withdrawn. Originally i bought the ticket to HND, but due to the change to older 777, i requested sq to change my inbound flight from nrt instead. Outbound was not affected. Since that, i never fly sq to hnd. In fact, in two weeks time, it will be my first time flying to/from hnd since that time, not with sq but nh. I've flown hnd domestic between that time though.

Comment

• Thanks for everyone's input. I have a ticket from SIN-HND in January 2016. It reflects the 777-300ER as the plane I'm going to be on during the morning flight. According to the seat map, it just says 777-300ER, the afternoon flight says 777-300ER (refitted) and the night flight says 777-200 (Layout A, refitted SR series). I'm guessing the 777-300ER (refitted) indicates the newest 2014 (?) cabin but I was unclear of the other two.

@SQ228 - When you say the oldest kind of seats and IFE, are you referring to the ones they have pre-A380? OH MY GAWWWSSSSHHHH!

Comment

• Yup, that's what they mean. Been on a 773 (non ER) a couple of times to India. Ok for a 4 hour flight, but definitely could be bothersome for a 7 hour flight.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input. I have a ticket from SIN-HND in January 2016. It reflects the 777-300ER as the plane I'm going to be on during the morning flight. According to the seat map, it just says 777-300ER, the afternoon flight says 777-300ER (refitted) and the night flight says 777-200 (Layout A, refitted SR series). I'm guessing the 777-300ER (refitted) indicates the newest 2014 (?) cabin but I was unclear of the other two.

@SQ228 - When you say the oldest kind of seats and IFE, are you referring to the ones they have pre-A380? OH MY GAWWWSSSSHHHH!
                    The afternoon flight is the 777-300 (refitted, non ER) so yes, the really old one. The are lots of swapping of planes going on the next few months as SQ brings the 2 new 777-300ERs into the fleet, while managing the retro-fitting of the earlier 777-300ER fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Yup, that's what they mean. Been on a 773 (non ER) a couple of times to India. Ok for a 4 hour flight, but definitely could be bothersome for a 7 hour flight.
                      Yes, I willingly fly CA and MU if I have to fly red-eye to/from PEK and PVG to avoid the old planes. Even CA and MU have aircraft with flat beds in J.

Comment

• My flight SQ633 from HND to SIN in Dec 2015 has also been changed from a B777-200 (can't remember if it was refitted or not) to a 777-300ER and the seating shows 1-2-1 for J class. Mine is the afternoon flight departing at 1640 hrs.

Is this going to be the old or new business class?

Comment

• Originally posted by banoffi View Post
                          My flight SQ633 from HND to SIN in Dec 2015 has also been changed from a B777-200 (can't remember if it was refitted or not) to a 777-300ER and the seating shows 1-2-1 for J class. Mine is the afternoon flight departing at 1640 hrs.

Is this going to be the old or new business class?
                          All 777-300ER have that seating. According to flightradar, you'll likely get a non-refitted one. Sorry to disappoint.

And enticing people to fly to NRT? How are the loads to HND anyways (from SIN)?

Comment

All 777-300ER have that seating. According to flightradar, you'll likely get a non-refitted one. Sorry to disappoint.
                            SQ633 is currently served by a 772. While we now know that this flight is to be changed to a 773ER, how can data of past 772 flights predict whether it is to be served by a 77W or 77WN?

Comment

• haha shucks! what a disappointment. too bad i can't reroute since my tickets are redemption and I have my domestic tickets flying in to HND from CTS

Comment

And enticing people to fly to NRT? How are the loads to HND anyways (from SIN)?
                                SQ 636 is usually full while SQ 634 is the weakest..cause it arrives so late at night!

Comment

Working...
                                X