Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pugsley View Post
    Thanks how about sq227 is it on the new first class?
    SQ227 is your best chance to get the new product on the way to MEL. Your next best option would be SQ217. What time of year did you have in mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
      Yes, you are correct, hence me putting "last". Such an unfortunate development (or downgrade). Before it disappeared, the last issue seems to suggest that SQ636 will be served using 77W on regular basis (as opposed to seasonal, while 772/773 has the writing from and until - suggesting it as temporary), but not sure whether it will be 77W or 77WN.

If you want the schedule booklet, your best bet would be from the japanese SQ check in desks (the japanese love schedule booklets and so do i). It even provide specific details of the equipment and the last issue also mention 77WN as well. Unfortunately i have not seen the latest release so i don't know about SQ636.
      Quite difficult to find on the website. You just have to google it. I found it yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
        Quite difficult to find on the website. You just have to google it. I found it yesterday
        Wow, thanks for the info!

It's hard to find because it's on a completely different domain!!

http://www.sqtimetable.com/SQTimetable.pdf

I put "www.sqtimetable.com" into my browser and it generated an entirely blank site- we are talking nothing but an html tag and a body tag. It seems to exist purely to offer the PDF file with the full link. Why go the effort of still producing the thing and then severing it from the website using a new domain? Is it actually SQ who are even hosting it or someone else with access to the document who is helping other frustrated SQers?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          Is it actually SQ who are even hosting it or someone else with access to the document who is helping other frustrated SQers?
          As far as I can tell it's the latter. The domain doesn't appear to be owned by SQ, and it goes to different servers than the main SQ site itself. It also appears to have been distributing the SQ timetable since 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
            As far as I can tell it's the latter. The domain doesn't appear to be owned by SQ, and it goes to different servers than the main SQ site itself. It also appears to have been distributing the SQ timetable since 2006.
            Great detective work.

Well, thank you, mystery server, wherever you may be...

Comment

• The domain seems to be owned by some chap in the USA

http://www.who.is/whois/sqtimetable.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                The domain seems to be owned by some chap in the USA

http://www.who.is/whois/sqtimetable.com
                Probably an outsourced work by SIA.

Comment

• and a new one too. thank you. I used to be able to google "sqtimetable.pdf" but no longer, while I completely forgot the front section "www.sqtimetable.com/". reading it now.... My turn-off for HND flight is that they are using older equipment while SQ638/637 got downgraded from time to time. So my safe choice would be SQ12/11.

EDIT: and yes, my disappointment is confirmed. 77W (or 77WN) is not a permanent change for SQ636.

Comment

• Still can be found via SQ's website.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                      Still can be found via SQ's website.

Very well spotted!

Gee, I might need to get my magnifying glass out to check what else I can't see on the new site!

What this does answer though, is the question of whether the sqtimetable.com domain is official or not- must be if it's being linked to by their own website.

Comment

SQ227 is your best chance to get the new product on the way to MEL. Your next best option would be SQ217. What time of year did you have in mind?
                        i just booked an award ticket both on B777-300ER only for 63.75k miles

SQ917 MNL-SIN (O) 2 Jan;
                        SQ227 SIN-MNL (O) 2 Jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by pugsley View Post
                          i just booked an award ticket both on B777-300ER only for 63.75k miles

SQ917 MNL-SIN (O) 2 Jan;
                          SQ227 SIN-MNL (O) 2 Jan.
                          If you don't get 77WN on SQ227 it will be very bad luck, but I've had exactly that happen to me, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Comment

• I wonder if B77WNs will eventually become B77WRs? Or SQ has determined some routes (such as HKG-SFO) will have inadequate amount of Premium Economy demand that they might leave B77WNs as is without Premium Economy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                              I wonder if B77WNs will eventually become B77WRs? Or SQ has determined some routes (such as HKG-SFO) will have inadequate amount of Premium Economy demand that they might leave B77WNs as is without Premium Economy?
                              I think a few people have said in a couple of threads here that the 77WNs will remain without a PE cabin. I also slightly wonder if toward the end of refitting all the original 19 they may reassess whether a couple of 77W might become 77WN instead of R, should the popularity of PE not meet expected demand.

Comment

I think a few people have said in a couple of threads here that the 77WNs will remain without a PE cabin. I also slightly wonder if toward the end of refitting all the original 19 they may reassess whether a couple of 77W might become 77WN instead of R, should the popularity of PE not meet expected demand.
                                I think that depends on the routes. USA routes I heard are some of the few with demand for PEY (Maybe HKG/SFO). Then of course, it's all about demand (and loads). And as I might have said elsewhere, depends on demand and customer feedback. If there's enough demand/positive feedback, they will take into consideration of refitting PEY on the 77WN, just like they did with the 77WN seats (positive feedback usually = taking into consideration then refitting the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                                X