Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    It's one of the hardest flights to predict- they have switched it between A380 and 77W so many times I've lost count and many regular NRT flyers on here report being frustrated by it.

The general issue is that in peak times they want more A380s than they have to increase capacity on all their busiest routes. In the low seasons they just can't work out what to do with some of them. SQ 637/8 seems to be one of the flights they seem happy to throw a spare A380 onto.
    Well it seems based on last Oct to Aug 2015. The trend is 77W till Mar den switch to A380 for the sakura season and den back to 77W during mid Jun to Jul and back to A380 for the summer

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
      AFAIK, there are no plans to refit the 8 aircraft that were ordered in the second batch (9V-SWU - 9V-SNC) with PY seats. They will only have the 2013 F, J and Y products.
      Maybe after customer feedback, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Even it has done MNL, CGK, and FRA if I remember correctly. I wonder if in the future the current 77WNs (SWU-SN series) will be fitted with Premium Economy in the future.
        Just wanted to clarify, the 777WN that flies MNL already has the newer/updated seats in F and J?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluetear View Post
          Just wanted to clarify, the 777WN that flies MNL already has the newer/updated seats in F and J?
          Yes the 777WN has the new 2013 F, J and Y seats. Not sure whether they are assigned to MNL though.

Comment

Not sure that is a 77WN. SQ910/7 is a 77W but the standard variety with 2006 interiors. 77WN refers only to the new batch of 77W that generally fly specific routes. You'd be very lucky if you got one to/from MNL. Sorry!

Comment

Not sure that is a 77WN. SQ910/7 is a 77W but the standard variety with 2006 interiors. 77WN refers only to the new batch of 77W that generally fly specific routes. You'd be very lucky if you got one to/from MNL. Sorry!
              No worries. But what are the key differences between the 2006 vs the 2013 interiors in F/J? Care to enumerate?

Comment

No worries. But what are the key differences between the 2006 vs the 2013 interiors in F/J? Care to enumerate?
                The 2013 products; F is designed by JBMW Group DesignworksUSA while J class is by James Park Associates. All classes will be fitted with the latest Panasonic Avionics ex3 IFE system.

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                  The 2013 products; F is designed by JBMW Group DesignworksUSA while J class is by James Park Associates. All classes will be fitted with the latest Panasonic Avionics ex3 IFE system.
                  Thanks!

I saw a review about the 777-300ER MNL-SIN here: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/263901/

Seems to be a one-time thing, lucky for these guys!
                  Last edited by bluetear; 2 September 2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• And SQ 638/7 has switched back to the 77WN yet again!

SQ231/222 switched from 77WR to A380 with PE now they have 4x 388 equipped with PE SKA/F/H/J.

The 77WR now pairs up with the other one to fully cover SQ306/5 and SQ 866/5, while the 'spare' 77WN that was flying to various random 77W destinations can now be used on SQ 638/7.

Comment

• what I hate from SQ638/637 is the sudden switch to 772/773. I would not want to take a chance with that (while I've been lucky enough to get 9V-SNA only because there was no SQ11 seats left).

I wonder (according to the last pdf schedule) whether SQ636 and its pair will be switched to 77W or 77WN

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                        what I hate from SQ638/637 is the sudden switch to 772/773. I would not want to take a chance with that (while I've been lucky enough to get 9V-SNA only because there was no SQ11 seats left).

I wonder (according to the last pdf schedule) whether SQ636 and its pair will be switched to 77W or 77WN
                        Where and when did you find a PDF schedule??? I've been trying to find one on the new website for a month now and assumed they had stopped producing them.

Comment

Where and when did you find a PDF schedule??? I've been trying to find one on the new website for a month now and assumed they had stopped producing them.
                          Yes, you are correct, hence me putting "last". Such an unfortunate development (or downgrade). Before it disappeared, the last issue seems to suggest that SQ636 will be served using 77W on regular basis (as opposed to seasonal, while 772/773 has the writing from and until - suggesting it as temporary), but not sure whether it will be 77W or 77WN.

If you want the schedule booklet, your best bet would be from the japanese SQ check in desks (the japanese love schedule booklets and so do i). It even provide specific details of the equipment and the last issue also mention 77WN as well. Unfortunately i have not seen the latest release so i don't know about SQ636.

Comment

• I am planning to book first class MNL-SIN-MEL, SQ917 for first segment and SQ227 for the latter.

I'm not sure which of this B777-300ER would be the new first class which features BMW designed seats.
                            Last edited by pugsley; 12 September 2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pugsley View Post
                              I am planning to book first class MNL-SIN-MEL, SQ917 for first segment and i have a choice SQ227 or SQ237 for the latter.

I'm not sure which of this B777-300ER would be the new first class which features BMW designed seats.
                              sq237 is a 773 not a 77w
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                                sq237 is a 773 not a 77w
                                Thanks how about sq227 is it on the new first class?

Comment

Working...
                                X