Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    Could that one jet be 9V-SRJ? It seemed to be out of service for a while but has now returned to service.
    Nope, that would be SRM. SRJ is still fitted with the old (ancient) cabin and is not slated for refitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
      Nope, that would be SRM. SRJ is still fitted with the old (ancient) cabin and is not slated for refitting.
      Thanks for the info. Are the rest of the "refitted" SQ* and SR* jets due to get the new IFE's as well? If they are, it'll make my monthly SIN-PER trip much more bearable!

Comment

• Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
        Official yes. Made public I don't think so. Selected SR/SQ/SV/SY birds will have IFE upgraded to a standard similar to ex2, and Y refitted with the 2006 Y found on the 77W.
        I assume these are the IFE and Seats pulled out of the refitted 77W?

Comment

• It's awfully convenient that there are 19 77Ws being retrofitted with the 2013 products and 19 retrofitted 772/77Es.
          I'd imagine that SQ would only install the 2006 Y and install eX2 IFE on aircrafts which they own. SRN will leave the fleet this FY so it's more than likely it won't be refitted.

The airline currently owns 9 772s, 9 77Es and 5 773s. There are 19 77Ws with 228 Y seats each which won't cover the need for 9x228, 9x245 and 5x226 Y seats.

Edit: I understand the following aircraft will be refitted:
          SQJ/K/L/M/N = 5
          SRM/O/P/Q = 4
          SVG/I/J/L/M/N = 6
          SYH/I/J/L = 4
          = 19
          Last edited by viraj735; 11 June 2015, 01:13 PM.
          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Is sqk re-refitted already?

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
              It's awfully convenient that there are 19 77Ws being retrofitted with the 2013 products and 19 retrofitted 772/77Es.
              I'd imagine that SQ would only install the 2006 Y and install eX2 IFE on aircrafts which they own. SRN will leave the fleet this FY so it's more than likely it won't be refitted.

The airline currently owns 9 772s, 9 77Es and 5 773s. There are 19 77Ws with 228 Y seats each which won't cover the need for 9x228, 9x245 and 5x226 Y seats.

SQJ/K/L/M/N = 5
              SRM/O/P/Q = 4
              SVG/I/J/L/M/N = 6
              SYH/I/J/L = 4
              = 19
              Good source Viraj!

IFE will be eXK standard, similar in function to eX2.

Comment

• I'm puzzled on why SQ hasn't announced this publicly. Are they planning to do so any time soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                  It's awfully convenient that there are 19 77Ws being retrofitted with the 2013 products and 19 retrofitted 772/77Es.

SQJ/K/L/M/N = 5
                  SRM/O/P/Q = 4
                  SVG/I/J/L/M/N = 6
                  SYH/I/J/L = 4
                  = 19
                  Don't forget we still have A333s which we can source seats from.

I think for the 2006 product is almost 10 years old, some of the seats might get old and will be scrapped, whilst some newer ones will be refitted onto the B777s.

May I ask is the refit only applicable to Y only? How about J and F? Will B773 get new F from B77W or B77WN as part of the refit?

Finally what's the difference between exK AVOD and ex2 AVOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                    Don't forget we still have A333s which we can source seats from.

I think for the 2006 product is almost 10 years old, some of the seats might get old and will be scrapped, whilst some newer ones will be refitted onto the B777s.

May I ask is the refit only applicable to Y only? How about J and F? Will B773 get new F from B77W or B77WN as part of the refit?

Finally what's the difference between exK AVOD and ex2 AVOD?
                    Many of the the J and F seats in the 772 and 773 had already been refitted with the 2006 product but kept old Y seats.

The A330 seats are not the same as the 777 seats so that won't work.

Comment

• I have redemption bookings from AMS (J class) and to AMS (F class) this December. It's showing 777-300ER. Will they have new J & F Cabin? Earlier this year I was on J the same route and it was served by 772ER refitted
                      Last edited by schumaster; 12 June 2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by schumaster View Post
                        I have redemption bookings from AMS (J class) and to AMS (F class) this December. It's showing 777-300ER. Will they have new J & F Cabin? Earlier this year I was on J the same route and it was served by 772ER.
                        It will probably be a 77W config, with the old 2006 seats, not the new 2013 seats.

Comment

• Looks like SRO is next? Out of service since 6th june

Comment

• Originally posted by sqzulu View Post
                            Looks like SRO is next? Out of service since 6th june
                            SRO isn't getting the new cabin products? Infact its due for retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              SRO isn't getting the new cabin products? Infact its due for retirement.
                              I don't think 9V-SRO is being retired. Maybe you got mixed up of 9V-SVO, which is due to be returned to it's lessor sometime this year.

Comment

• I meant it's next in line for the ex2 upgrades

Comment

Working...
                                X