Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to SQT LEOPS1984!

4-class 77Ws will all have the 2013 products. The A380s will NOT have the 2013 products except PE

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Welcome to SQT LEOPS1984!

4-class 77Ws will all have the 2013 products. The A380s will NOT have the 2013 products except PE
      Will be interesting to see the IFE specs PE is going to get on the A380.

Comment

• Thank you for the welcome, 9V-JKL.

I've read many good things about the 2013 product - is it that much better than the existing product on the A380s to seek it out (even if the schedule is a little less convenient and the SKL at SFO isn't nearly as nice as the *A lounge at LAX)?

Comment

• Wait... Why isn't the A380's getting the new "2013" products like on the new 773ER's? I thought SQ would update their Business and Economy products as well... Not sure about the Suites though, maybe they're planning a new Suite?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
            Wait... Why isn't the A380's getting the new "2013" products like on the new 773ER's? I thought SQ would update their Business and Economy products as well... Not sure about the Suites though, maybe they're planning a new Suite?
            My Take......
            The new A380/ coming in 2017 will feature the new Suites/Business. Its probably not worth the investment now to update the current A380s to the 2013 products and then 2 years later update again to the 2017 products.

Comment

My Take......
              The new A380/ coming in 2017 will feature the new Suites/Business. Its probably not worth the investment now to update the current A380s to the 2013 products and then 2 years later update again to the 2017 products.
              Wow just 4 years between the latest Business Class product and the next?

Comment

• Considering the 2013 Business Class is just an evolution of the 2006 one, it is no surprise they will need a fully new model in 2017. The project seems to have been awarded to the same studio who designed the past 2 seats: James Park Associates based in London ( http://www.jpadesign.com/ ).

The suites will be 10 years old in 2017. The new version was apparently awarded by tender to Paris based Jacques Pierrejean, surprisingly the designer of the original Emirates Mini Suites and Etihad various designs (among which the old business class seat customisation) in the old planes, not the new designs presented last year. Like the previous designer of the Suite, JJ Coste, Mr Pierrejean is also a French Yacht Designer ( http://pierrejean-design.com/ ).

Let's wait and see...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
                  Considering the 2013 Business Class is just an evolution of the 2006 one, it is no surprise they will need a fully new model in 2017. The project seems to have been awarded to the same studio who designed the past 2 seats: James Park Associates based in London ( http://www.jpadesign.com/ ).

The suites will be 10 years old in 2017. The new version was apparently awarded by tender to Paris based Jacques Pierrejean, surprisingly the designer of the original Emirates Mini Suites and Etihad various designs (among which the old business class seat customisation) in the old planes, not the new designs presented last year. Like the previous designer of the Suite, JJ Coste, Mr Pierrejean is also a French Yacht Designer ( http://pierrejean-design.com/ ).

Let's wait and see...
                  Then what product will the A350's have? If I'm not mistaken, they are entering service early next year so does that the first batch will have the same interior as the new 773ER's? I expected the new cabins to be introduced on the A350's...

Comment

• Almost exactly same interiors as the 77N (or if you prefer, new 77W, latest 777-300ER).

A bird flying around Changi whispered that SQ was carrying out a survey of what users think the future interiors/seats would need. Those studies are always carried out very secretly and takes time to develop the findings into design directions and, ultimately, products.

Most of A350s design was completed already a couple of years ago. For big fleet projects, the definition of the interiors starts very early, sometimes 3/4 years in advance.
                    First to be frozen is the design & appearance of the walls, lavatories, galleys, as those elements have an influence on airframe production. B and A are very tight on those deadlines.
                    The seats design usually is allowed a more flexy schedule, especially in projects in which the seats are not only standard ones covered by custom materials, but the seat itself has an original design not "off the shelf". Prototypes needs to be built and occasionally the seat can see up to 20 different designs being evaluated. Needless to say, I refer to projects with higher budget, like Business and First Class.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                      Then what product will the A350's have? If I'm not mistaken, they are entering service early next year so does that the first batch will have the same interior as the new 773ER's? I expected the new cabins to be introduced on the A350's...
                      The first 20 incoming A350-900s will have the new 2013 J, 2015 PY and 2013 Y. Not too sure about the remaining 50, might be a 4-class configuration.

Comment

• Thanks FSJZ and Ikarus2006 for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

• I just completed SYD - SIN - HKG return on 77WN in J class. I must say this product is very good. My preferred aircraft has switched from A380 to 77WN

Comment

My Take......
                            More likely because the current A380s will start to be retired in 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                              More likely because the current A380s will start to be retired in 2017
                              The first 5 A380s (9V-SKA - 9V-SKE) will reach the end of their leases between 2017-2018, and that's when the 5 new A380s are coming in. I don't think SQ would want to retire their A380s this early as they are still relatively new (~5-6 years).

SQ is launching their new R and J class on the A380s in 2017, so it will make more sense to refit the 2013 Y products then.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                                The first 5 A380s (9V-SKA - 9V-SKE) will reach the end of their leases between 2017-2018, and that's when the 5 new A380s are coming in. I don't think SQ would want to retire their A380s this early as they are still relatively new (~5-6 years).

SQ is launching their new R and J class on the A380s in 2017, so it will make more sense to refit the 2013 Y products then.
                                So the 5 top-up A380s are 1-for-1 replacements with no growth in A380 fleet size?

Comment

Working...
                                X