Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
    No more 77WN sightings at MEL since that teaser!

I'm on 228 on either the 19th or 20th March, and returning on 227 on the 23rd. My fingers are crossed.

Does anyone know the reason behind the long delay of 228 yesterday?
    It certainly was a tease! Maybe if SNA arrives ahead of 29 March you'll have luck but I'm sure 7 Mar I will be on a standard one.

I noticed the big delay for SQ228 last night. Other flights were departing on time and with that flight it is never due to late arrival, so I could only guess at the reason for the delay. Looked like most connections probably would still have been made at least.

Comment

• On 21 Feb, I was planning to change from SQ221 to SQ231 in a hope to sample 77WN, but a friend joining me on SQ221 so I canceled the changes. Guess what, I found out yesterday morning that SQ231 was flown by an old 9V-SYK on 22 Feb, instead of 9V-SWU/V/W/Z. I was happier to have flown 9V-SKA rather than 9V-SYK... hehehe

Comment

• Sorry my bad, I asked the same question. Please delete this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          It does get the odd 77WN here and there. Your chance on SQ306 would be far greater than SQ326 to FRA, for example, which I don't think has ever seen the new product.
          Yes I do see that SQ306 gets graced by the 77WN every now and then. Guess I will be holding onto a hope then. I know it's usually not a popular flight, but I like the arrival time. I wonder why not more fly it and prefer SQ322.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
            Yes I do see that SQ306 gets graced by the 77WN every now and then. Guess I will be holding onto a hope then. I know it's usually not a popular flight, but I like the arrival time. I wonder why not more fly it and prefer SQ322.
            My guess is because SQ322 has been around for far longer than SQ306. In fact, SQ306 was talked about as as a new flight in a thread on SQTalk only a couple of years ago. So perhaps people are less familiar with the latter?

This is also combined with the fact that SQ322's departure time offers a decent connection for most flights from Australia and NZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
              I agree. The arrival time was great for customs when I flew it- I didn't experience the LHR customs hell many speak of, I just walked straight through. Plus I prefer the smaller plane to the A380. Unfortunately I didn't experience it as unpopular, even though I flew mid-week in February. Unpopular flights are nice when they happen!

Comment

• 306 is ghastly for anyone used to sleeping by around 11pm. 322 is just about OK. I've become a big fan of day flights as I've aged - 308 gets the nod most times.

Comment

• I am a bit lost by the recent changes ...

Is Sq 319 still going to get the 77WN come next Feb 2016?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    I am a bit lost by the recent changes ...

Is Sq 319 still going to get the 77WN come next Feb 2016?
                    318 and 319 are already assigned 77WNs.

Comment

• SQ1 SFO-SIN

Managed to snag the 777WN (9V-SWZ) in J from SFO-SIN on 6th March which was its 11th operational flight. So new that everyone had a hard time adjusting their beds back to a seat. I realised with the permanent footrest that you can now store your bag below it vs the older 777-300ERs.

Comment

• 9V-SNA en-route to SIN

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                          9V-SNA en-route to SIN
                          Yes, you're right. She is in Japan airspace at 7:07 WIB / 12:07 UTC

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/9VSNA

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                            Managed to snag the 777WN (9V-SWZ) in J from SFO-SIN on 6th March which was its 11th operational flight. So new that everyone had a hard time adjusting their beds back to a seat. I realised with the permanent footrest that you can now store your bag below it vs the older 777-300ERs.
                            And when I was on 9V-SWY, the passengers sitting next to me has to call FA to teach how to use the AVOD system.

Comment

• I apologise if this has been asked (and answered) before, but when does SNA start service? It's been in Singapore several days now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bootack View Post
                                SQ637/638 will still be served by 773WN. I guess that they cancelled the plan to change it to become A380 on 2015 spring/summer season
                                I was looking to redeem saver award for J this Aug on SQ638/637 but realised that it will be changed from a B77WN to a A380

Comment

Working...
                                X