No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SWY took off for LHR a couple of hours ago as SQ318.

If iCargoNet is correct, SWV is arriving into Gate A12 in 90 mins from now and will then fly out as SQ231 to SYD later tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      9V-SWY took off for LHR a couple of hours ago as SQ318.

If iCargoNet is correct, SWV is arriving into Gate A12 in 90 mins from now and will then fly out as SQ231 to SYD later tonight.
      Saw the plane SWY at T3 around 1245pm today.

Comment

• Hi all, could someone please advise the latest 77WN flight rotation for LHR? MTIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          O oo.

From 2 rows to 1 row? and we will have a nice exclusive feel of a single row of F a la TAM.
          It will be a good move to promote the level of appeal of the 77W cabin in relation to the Suites options.

But .... First Class saver will be drying up to nil.
          SQ could, and probably should, get rid of F on a few routes.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Hi all, could someone please advise the latest 77WN flight rotation for LHR? MTIA.
          Just SQ318/319 for now apparently, but there are a couple more birds due soon so who knows...

Comment

• Seems like they are using 77WN for SQ231 to Sydney since yesterday morning.

01 Dec - 9V-SWV
            02 Dec - 9V-SWU

Comment

• The current flights usually flown by 77WN are:

LHR- SQ318/9
              NRT- SQ637/8
              SYD- SQ222/31

The next planned addition is MEL (SQ227/8) once SWZ arrives around March next year.

Substitutions are common, especially since the number of seats and layout is the same as a standard 77W, but it's about 90% consistent.

Comment

• Looks like 9V-SWY currently on the return leg from NRT. Please please please be there for SQ637 on the 9th of Feb

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                  Looks like 9V-SWY currently on the return leg from NRT. Please please please be there for SQ637 on the 9th of Feb
                  I flew all 3 WNs in Y and F and loved them... but at the same time I'm amazed that SQ are still flying the old farts 772 non refitted with Spacebeds...

I was Whatsapping with my better half last saturday when she boarded SQ479 in JNB, what she thought was a refitted 772 in 1-2-1 (according to online checkin 1 day before)... when she stepped in 9V-SVH, she suddenly became my bitter (and very upset) half !

These aircrafts are a disgrace and would ultimately drive traffic away... SAA has also stone-age A346 on JNB-HKG but CX has probably a comfy Cirrus cabin... not to mention EK/EH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
                    I flew all 3 WNs in Y and F and loved them... but at the same time I'm amazed that SQ are still flying the old farts 772 non refitted with Spacebeds...

I was Whatsapping with my better half last saturday when she boarded SQ479 in JNB, what she thought was a refitted 772 in 1-2-1 (according to online checkin 1 day before)... when she stepped in 9V-SVH, she suddenly became my bitter (and very upset) half !

These aircrafts are a disgrace and would ultimately drive traffic away... SAA has also stone-age A346 on JNB-HKG but CX has probably a comfy Cirrus cabin... not to mention EK/EH.

What flight was the pic taken on?

Not surprised about JNB. As ycp81 shows in a recent TR, that route's product (and catering in Y) suffers from having a SQ monopoly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                      What flight was the pic taken on?

Not surprised about JNB. As ycp81 shows in a recent TR, that route's product (and catering in Y) suffers from having a SQ monopoly.
                      Sorry, it was obvious only in my mind the pic is the actual cabin on SQ479 last week

Comment

• I am not sure if I would rather be on EK or EY's stagger seats (which I find narrow and claustrophobic). And then there is the detour through the Gulf. And I believe some of EK'S planes are not even stagger and it's like these SQ'S ancient seats plus 1 more (2-3-2)

This route is complete monopoly, the alternatives are all long detours and are not exactly miles ahead of this product.

We are too pampered with 1-2-1s these days, it seems. Haha.

Comment

......she suddenly became my bitter (and very upset) half !........

These aircrafts are a disgrace .....
                          I can understand a bit of disappointment (although not sure why on that route as that's what they fly there ) but 'bitter' and 'disgrace' when sat in JCL ?!.

I can't help thinking some of us, and I include myself in this, could benefit from a spell flying in Economy for a while to give us some form of perspective...

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                          I am not sure if I would rather be on EK or EY's stagger seats (which I find narrow and claustrophobic). And then there is the detour through the Gulf. And I believe some of EK'S planes are not even stagger and it's like these SQ'S ancient seats plus 1 more (2-3-2)

This route is complete monopoly, the alternatives are all long detours and are not exactly miles ahead of this product.

We are too pampered with 1-2-1s these days, it seems. Haha.
                          Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I can't help thinking some of us, and I include myself in this, could benefit from a spell flying in Economy for a while to give us some form of perspective...
                            No need to go so extreme, a spell on EK J Class will already set the perspective right. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I can understand a bit of disappointment (although not sure why on that route as that's what they fly there ) but 'bitter' and 'disgrace' when sat in JCL ?!.

Indeed.
                              In the case of that specific flight last week, although I agree one can survive the spacebed experience, it's more about expectations and price, as SQ commands a big premium, one expects the best... but in this case, I would also feel cheated, paying SQ but getting, say, AF.

Comment

In the case of that specific flight last week, although I agree one can survive the spacebed experience, it's more about expectations and price, as SQ commands a big premium, one expects the best... but in this case, I would also feel cheated, paying SQ but getting, say, AF.
                                JNB is meant to get refitted 772s and assuming during seat selection etc. it showed the 1-2-1 refitted layout, did they not offer any form of compensation for copping an old non-refit on this particular flight?

I'm a Y flyer and likely to always remain so, mostly by choice. If I'd paid the price commanded by J class, however, and got a 13 year old interior and a completely different product from what I expected, I wouldn't be overly thrilled. Especially if I thought to myself, had I paid the same price to fly the day before, where the flight was assigned a refitted craft as expected, I would be getting a totally different experience for the same price.

Comment

Working...
                                X