Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
    What registrations are the 77WN?
    Has the refit of the existing 77W to 77WN begun?
    9V-SWU, SWV & SWW and no, early next year.

Comment

• 9V-SWY could arrive in SIN any time soon!

Found this photo online today:
      https://flightaware.com/photos/view/...age/4/size/vga
      You need to click the little 'full' below the pic otherwise the registration looks like a smudged SWF.
      And another one:
      http://www.airplane-pictures.net/pho...ing-777-300er/

Comment

• 9V-SWY will arrive on 25 November 2240hrs as SQ8877

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          9V-SWU, SWV & SWW and no, early next year.
          Hasn't 9V-SWA been refitted recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            Hasn't 9V-SWA been refitted recently?
            Seems not. It was just confined to SYD flights for a while. Management have again said recently it won't be until next year.

SWD is now out of action like SWA was so it must be some kind of maintenance program.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply SQ228...looking forward to trying the new 77WN in early Dec on the SQ222 SYD-SIN - I believe this flight will get the new product.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
                What registrations are the 77WN?
                Has the refit of the existing 77W to 77WN begun?
                not sure if the refitted 77Ws will be called 77WN as I hear that the no. of seats in FCL will be coming down..trading off with more JCL seats..prob a smart move.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                  not sure if the refitted 77Ws will be called 77WN as I hear that the no. of seats in FCL will be coming down..trading off with more JCL seats..prob a smart move.
                  O oo.

From 2 rows to 1 row? and we will have a nice exclusive feel of a single row of F a la TAM.
                  It will be a good move to promote the level of appeal of the 77W cabin in relation to the Suites options.

But .... First Class saver will be drying up to nil.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSaneSleepyHO View Post
                    9V-SWY will arrive on 25 November 2240hrs as SQ8877
                    Something hasn't quite gone to plan as there's been an approx 16 hour delay.

The 1840 arrival time appears to be in UTC according to flightradar24, so it should have touched down in SIN at local time 0240 this morning (26 Nov) but this has been delayed now until around 2100 this evening.

Comment

• 9V-SWA is coming into SYD today as SQ231/222.

Looks like the inaugural 77WN to SYD has been postponed.
                      Last edited by a340-313x; 27 November 2014, 07:18 AM. Reason: Incorrect information

Comment

• On SQ231 today departing 28 Nov and it's being operated by SWI I believe - the star alliance livery 77w. Pity - was looking forward to the 77wn again.

Will be returning SQ222 on 1 dec - will report if it's sorted by then!

Comment

• http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...flight-status/

Can check the type of plane a few days in advance.

Comment

• I think there must have been some issue that needed to be sorted with SWY delaying its delivery. It will probably be a couple more days before it's ready to enter service so I foresee that SYD will not get a 77WN till December now.

P.S. 9V-SWU did go to PEK last night though, and SWA replaced it on the NRT run... Wonder why.

Comment

• [QUOTE=a340-313x;190081]I think there must have been some issue that needed to be sorted with SWY delaying its delivery. It will probably be a couple more days before it's ready to enter service so I foresee that SYD will not get a 77WN till December now.

There was: an industrial accident at Paine Field: two contractors installing the IFE on 9V-SWY were injured -- one with fairly serious head injuries -- when an "airbag" deployed inside the cabin where they were working.

Airbags inside the cabin fitted to seatbelts? First I've heard of any such thing. An escape slide, maybe? Anyway, injuries there were and both men were airlifted by chopper to nearby hospitals. The Washington State Dept of Labor investigates such accidents, so the plane was held while that was done, and the work then completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                                There was: an industrial accident at Paine Field: two contractors installing the IFE on 9V-SWY were injured -- one with fairly serious head injuries -- when an "airbag" deployed inside the cabin where they were working.

Airbags inside the cabin fitted to seatbelts? First I've heard of any such thing. An escape slide, maybe? Anyway, injuries there were and both men were airlifted by chopper to nearby hospitals. The Washington State Dept of Labor investigates such accidents, so the plane was held while that was done, and the work then completed.
                                Yikes that sounds awful. Hope they are ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X