No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do hope that when they say 'refit', they don't mean merely reupholstering the 77W Y seats with the 77WN seat covers.

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
      I do hope that when they say 'refit', they don't mean merely reupholstering the 77W Y seats with the 77WN seat covers.
      Actually that's a very important point.

Refit of the SV* 772ER may have resulted in an all-new J product, but Y seats are merely new seat covers.

Then there's the question of the IFE, but the new system in the 77WN seems to be too much of a new concept to fudge through with the old screens in Y.

Comment

• Could the refitting of the 77W result in a 10 across Y product to compensate for the loss of capacity due to the introduction of the PY product?
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
          Ok now I'm confounded by your statement. It seems that you're referring to different airlines, as your 'in-service' period is before the 'delivery' period. The A350s you refer to as arriving only in Jan '16 are for Singapore Airlines? While EIS in Feb/Mar 2015 is for Qatar Airways?

:
          sorry, it should have read EIS Feb/Mar 2016! so essentially what I am saying is SQ should be deploying the A350 around Jan-Mar '16

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            I just wonder as B77Ws are being refitted to B77WN standard, then why A380s are not being included in this latest cabin rollout?

A380 is flagship of Singapore Airlines and some of them are already 7 years old. Surely the product/cabin is getting old and need some refresh.

Perhaps it's time to give them a cabin upgrade huh?
            The ground up A380 will only be coming from 2017 when SQ takes delivery of the next batch of A380s. Don't think they see a point to refit the current A380s with the Next-gen seats. Likely the retrofit of A380s will begin after the new seat design is debuted.

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
            I do hope that when they say 'refit', they don't mean merely reupholstering the 77W Y seats with the 77WN seat covers.
            Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Actually that's a very important point.

Refit of the SV* 772ER may have resulted in an all-new J product, but Y seats are merely new seat covers.

Then there's the question of the IFE, but the new system in the 77WN seems to be too much of a new concept to fudge through with the old screens in Y.
            the next gen seats are definitely going to be refitted in the current batch of 19 77Ws i.e. same seats as what you get in the 77WN

Comment

• I'm going from Singapore to London on 24/12/2014 and back to Singapore on January 2. Can anybody update me on which flight numbers will be the brand new cabin products? I just called the call centre and he said all 777 flights will have them, but I'm not sure if he is confused about the not so new product or the brand new one.....

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 17august View Post
                I'm going from Singapore to London on 24/12/2014 and back to Singapore on January 2. Can anybody update me on which flight numbers will be the brand new cabin products? I just called the call centre and he said all 777 flights will have them, but I'm not sure if he is confused about the not so new product or the brand new one.....

Thanks
                If only they hired sqtalkers and flyertalkers for their call centres, then we wouldnot have this kind of misinformation. among many others ...

Comment

• Originally posted by 17august View Post
                  I'm going from Singapore to London on 24/12/2014 and back to Singapore on January 2. Can anybody update me on which flight numbers will be the brand new cabin products? I just called the call centre and he said all 777 flights will have them, but I'm not sure if he is confused about the not so new product or the brand new one.....

Thanks
                  I think they may actually have told you the correct thing, though it may not be guaranteed. Previously it has been mostly SQ318/9s but recently I also see many SQ305/6 flying the 77WNs. Last night, for instance, my wife was on SWW on SQ306, much to my surprise.

Of course there's always a possibility that they may swap something else in.

Comment

• I can confirm that tonight's SQ306 is another 77WN - SWU. Sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      I can confirm that tonight's SQ306 is another 77WN - SWU. Sweet.
                      That's brilliant! I assume that is the flight you are on today? Enjoy your flight!

Comment

I think they may actually have told you the correct thing, though it may not be guaranteed. Previously it has been mostly SQ318/9s but recently I also see many SQ305/6 flying the 77WNs. Last night, for instance, my wife was on SWW on SQ306, much to my surprise.

Of course there's always a possibility that they may swap something else in.
                        The reason for that is seasonal reductions. SQ318/9 has been reduced to Fri-Sun only for part of November, so they switched the 77WNs during the week onto SQ305/6.

SQ318/9 resumes full service from tomorrow, so you may well have had the last of the luck on SQ305/6!

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                          That's brilliant! I assume that is the flight you are on today? Enjoy your flight!
                          Thanks, yflyer!

Tried out seat 14K for the first time. Being the front row in the larger J cabin, it had the advantage of having a larger area for the feet. Unlike the older 77Ws, the foot rest is permanently down and not the flip-up on take-off and landing design on the older planes. The advantage of this is that I could put some hand luggage under it without the crew making a fuss over it. On the downside, there was no cubby hole slot and the width of the foot rest area is about 20cm narrower due to the need to make room for the galley access. Lastly the IFE screen is a little high making it necessary for me to slide the seat down so that I can watch the screen more comfortably.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            SQ318/9 resumes full service from tomorrow, so you may well have had the last of the luck on SQ305/6!
                            Ah! Thanks for highlighting that, SQ228. I try to avoid the 380 services to LHR as much as I can.

Comment

Ah! Thanks for highlighting that, SQ228. I try to avoid the 380 services to LHR as much as I can.
                              Ahh yes, we may be a minority, but it's always good to know there are others trying to avoid the A380. I seem to be the only one upset when my namesake flight lost it, but now we know we're getting the 77WN in March, so it's double joy.

And you were lucky second-last. One more SQ306 after yours with SWV, now back to standard 77W.

Meanwhile, SWY made another test flight a day ago to somewhere called 'Moses Lake'. Sounds weirdly prophetic...

Comment

• What registrations are the 77WN?
                                Has the refit of the existing 77W to 77WN begun?

Comment

Working...
                                X