• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWV on 285/6 at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
      SWV on 285/6 at the moment.
      And then followed today by SWH. Prior to this, SWH flew SQ637/8.

Prior to that I cannot find any record of SWH flying since 14 August (I went through every 77W flight record I could find).

Could it be that SWH has been the first of the original 19 77Ws to undergo the cabin upgrade??

The child in me is hoping it has been, and that it was assigned to AKL in preparation for the upgrade to A380 at which time MEL will lose the A380 off SQ227/8 and get the 77WN as compensation and then both my name here and my next scheduled SQ flight will be on 77WN!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
        Lucky enough to try the new J on SWV on a saver redemption last week to LHR. All in all I did like it but here are some thoughts (which might echo what others have said before):

1. New Krisworld

Really struggled with the new Krisworld interface. I think SQ needs to look into simplifying the interface. While the ability to scroll touchscreen on the handset is a nice convenience, it is pretty difficult to do the scrolling while having to keep your eyes on the main screen to see what you are are scrolling through.
        I just had my first experience with the new J flying to NRT, and I must say I hated the new IFE controls. It was very difficult to select anything, and trying swipe/press the close tab on the controller proved nigh impossible. After multiple attempts at scrolling through movies/TV/audio I ended up with a CD I didn't mind, and left it on repeat as I was too scared to touch it again. Previous attempts had left me listening to CDs that I had no interest in whatsoever and it took (more than) a few frustrating attempts to get myself out of them.

Apologies for the rant, but while I like the concept of the new controls, the execution is execrable. Has the system been user-tested at all before deployment?

On the way back I was on one of the older A380s. While the seats looked tired and a little grotty, the IFE controls worked well.

Comment

• So is SQ638/637 permanently on the new 777-300ER these days? Looking to book some flights to NRT in January and would be nice to experience the new J / F

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
            So is SQ638/637 permanently on the new 777-300ER these days? Looking to book some flights to NRT in January and would be nice to experience the new J / F
            http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sq638/

Most of the time its SWU, V W, sometimes its not.

Comment

• I'm booked on 638 on 05Dec and 11 on 16Dec. Hope to be able to experience both new J and new new J. haha.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply.

Booked J saver SIN-NRT and F saver NRT - SIN for my wife and I in January. Currently seems to be the latest cabin products based on the information they provide, so hopefully stays that way.

Never flown in F on a 777 before, only been in suites. May I ask if there's a difference between 1C/D and 2C/D? I've read about a hump on row 1 near where your head goes, does this mean I should select row 2?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
                  Never flown in F on a 777 before, only been in suites. May I ask if there's a difference between 1C/D and 2C/D? I've read about a hump on row 1 near where your head goes, does this mean I should select row 2?
                  You have a choice between a hump near your head in row 1, or a smaller space for your feet in row 2. These are both less noticeable than in J, where the pitch is slightly shorter.

If the cabin is empty enough, you can always lounge in one row and sleep in the other. It's probably safer to choose the row you'll be more comfortable with in case you're stuck in it, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                    You have a choice between a hump near your head in row 1, or a smaller space for your feet in row 2. These are both less noticeable than in J, where the pitch is slightly shorter.

If the cabin is empty enough, you can always lounge in one row and sleep in the other. It's probably safer to choose the row you'll be more comfortable with in case you're stuck in it, though.
                    Thanks for that, makes sense. With that in mind, I think I'll go for row 1 as it is a daytime flight and we will most likely stay up and lounge.

Comment

• Seems that SQ638/637 will not see the B77WN from 29 Mar 2015. Tried booking for April and the flight has been swapped to an A380, so 2x A380 to NRT daily from 29 Mar.
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• That's probably because of anticipated excess demand on those routes if they stuck with the 77W.

The route seems to be back on the 77W in mid-September.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          Seems that SQ638/637 will not see the B77WN from 29 Mar 2015. Tried booking for April and the flight has been swapped to an A380, so 2x A380 to NRT daily from 29 Mar.

I want my 77WN back !

Comment

• It's been said before in many threads- they don't seem to know what to do with the A380s. It's also made worse by having a bunch of them configured differently. Either they have too many J seats or not enough, and the same for Y cabins.

They seem to work fairly well on long haul destinations where passengers will accept that there are only a one or two timeslots you could possibly schedule a flight, but on regional to mid-haul, passengers don't want to wait 5 hours for an A380, they want a smaller plane that's leaving now. Smaller planes can also be juggled around more easily, whereas so often when A380s fly shorter routes, one of the pair of flights is full because the A380 is there to soak up demand at a peak time, but in the opposite direction it flies half empty because the timeslot is of much lower demand, but they need to keep the big whale in circulation in order for it to remain economically viable instead of sitting on a tarmac waiting for a gate lounge to fill up.

Comment

• I have a random question. I was on SQ 637 today which was SWV, and I heard the cabin playing a song with the lyrics "new york, new york" while boarding. Does anyone know what the name of the song is ?

Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                                I have a random question. I was on SQ 637 today which was SWV, and I heard the cabin playing a song with the lyrics "new york, new york" while boarding. Does anyone know what the name of the song is ?

Thanks !
                                I would expect the song was indeed called "New York, New York" but it has been performed by so many well-known singers, that it could have been any of them- Frank Sinatra is the most associated singer with the song, but also Sammy Davis Jnr, Liza Minelli, Shirley Bassey, Michael Buble...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme_f...York,_New_York

Comment

Working...
                                X