SQ Ground Staff - Great Service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Ground Staff - Great Service!

Haven't post here for a while, but I want to share this positive experience, an example of what I think makes Singapore Airlines so great.

I was transiting at Changi airport yesterday on my journey from Hong Kong to Jakarta. Must be getting old, while I was getting ready to leave the T2 SQ lounge and make my way to the boarding gate, I suddenly realized I had forgetfully left a hand carry gift at the storage compartment next to my seat from the inbound Hong Kong flight. I approached one of the lounge staff and was directed to a helpful staff at the customer service desk. She promptly made some calls to ask one of the operation staff to try to retrieve my forgotten item.

Unfortunately, the incoming plane has been deplaned and at a parking position, so in order to retrieve my item, they have to re-attach the airway bridge in order to enter the aircraft. This took some time and it was approaching my boarding time but the item was finally found. The service staff at the lounge, at her own initiative, arrange a buggy cart to send me to pick up the item at the information counter, and then send me to the boarding gate, just in time for boarding. To me, that's amazing service. Usually, I find SQ staff in the air get praises for their good service but not often do the ground staff gets a mention. Just another reason why I swear by SQ.

Great to see that they are working hard to get their mojo back!

Comment

Well done to the SQ ground staff.

CarbonMan, IMHO the hardworking staff on the ground and in the air have never, ever lost their mojo. They keep us happy and still flying with SQ.

Frankly it's the short-term, ungenerous management attitude that began with Chew Choon Seng which doesn't know the difference between Mojo and Kodok...

Comment

I've met some exceptional ground crew myself this year. There was the staff who worked in tandem with cabin crew before our arrival to deliver above and beyond service. There is also a Taiwanese SKL staffer who is always most courteous and of course, the exceptional ladies and gentlemen who staff the TPR
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          CarbonMan, IMHO the hardworking staff on the ground and in the air have never, ever lost their mojo. They keep us happy and still flying with SQ.
          Agreed.
          The hardworking ones never have.

Last year I left my limited-edition watch at the SKL F SIN amd realized that only when I had boarded my flight. FSS working in my cabin tried her best to coordinate with ground staff to try to find it and they got it buggied to the gate and delivered to me 5 minutes before departure. They kept me updated during those 10-15 mins they tried to locate the watch. I wrote in with a praise for them.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            Agreed.
            The hardworking ones never have.

Last year I left my limited-edition watch at the SKL F SIN amd realized that only when I had boarded my flight. FSS working in my cabin tried her best to coordinate with ground staff to try to find it and they got it buggied to the gate and delivered to me 5 minutes before departure. They kept me updated during those 10-15 mins they tried to locate the watch. I wrote in with a praise for them.

Kudos to the ground staff for going the extra miles to make our journey pleasant. I had a quite similar experience last month when flying with MI. I left my Blackberry on the computer stations in the Silver Kris lounge and only realized it at the gate. I told the gate agent about it when the flght was boarding. She advised the lounge and in 10 minutes my Blackberry was on its way to the gate.

Comment

Working...
            X