A380 to Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 to Shanghai

Singapore Airlines will start using the A380 to fly to Shanghai Pudong from October 27 on 5 flights a week. The remaining 23 flights will be using the 777.

Source: Straits Times

doesn't say which flight though..

From EF:
    SQ836 1705 2220
    SQ825 1210 0550
    Last edited by kaysquare; 4 September 2013, 11:37 AM. Reason: Update with info

Comment

Which destination is losing the A380 for the Shanghai route to open?

Comment

Originally posted by SIA_A380 View Post
        Which destination is losing the A380 for the Shanghai route to open?
        This coincides with LHR reducing from 3x daily A380 to 2. One less on LHR flight = approx. 1.5 day gaps in rotation. Seems to also be a degree of under-utilisation amongst the A380 fleet, but then that could be due in part to higher maintenance needs.

Comment

Apparently SQ might be adding another A380 destination, does anyone have an idea which one it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
            Apparently SQ might be adding another A380 destination, does anyone have an idea which one it could be?
            I've often wondered why they don't fly one to PER. They run 4 daily flights and two of them are only 1.5 hours apart. I know the 772s don't have an F cabin, but I'd have thought there would be enough cashed-up flyers in PER to create a market. The A380 was supposed to make savings by combining flights, as it did for CDG and ZRH.

Comment

There were rumors of Brisbane getting the 380. I think I read from A-net.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I've often wondered why they don't fly one to PER. They run 4 daily flights and two of them are only 1.5 hours apart. I know the 772s don't have an F cabin, but I'd have thought there would be enough cashed-up flyers in PER to create a market. The A380 was supposed to make savings by combining flights, as it did for CDG and ZRH.
                I've not been back to PER for some time but perhaps someone can correct me. There's no A380-ready gates at PER, so with only one aerobridge it'll take forever to disembark...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  I'd rather have higher frequencies than an A380 replacing 2 flights a day, especially for an airport that's not quite ready for the aircraft. And sending a Whalejet to PER would reduce *A award availability, which is bad news for me

Comment

Thats correct, PER isn't A380 capable yet, EK would have flew them there by now if they were.

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    How credible is that rumour? Apparently they are training the ground staff for A380 operations, wouldn't that be a big jump from A333 to A380? I mean BNE doesn't even have F on its flights! How much slack is there in the fleet to operate the flight?

If its true, there goes my hopes of seeing SQ217/218 going back to A380!

Comment

What about AKL?

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                        I highly doubt the loads from BNE justify that. Unless they remove one of their current flights, I don't think they could send a 388 down there. Speaking from the rather numerous times I've flown in/out of there, it's rarely close to chock-full. And a little birdy told me it wasn't somewhere South... at least, not the next upgauge, anyway

I mean BNE doesn't even have F on its flights! How much slack is there in the fleet to operate the flight?
                        Quoted for truth

Comment

Thats correct, PER isn't A380 capable yet, EK would have flew them there by now if they were.
                          Not for much longer- the terminal upgrade is almost finished and EK will commence A380 flights to PER early next year.

Comment

PEK .... maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by KFly View Post
                              PEK .... maybe?
                              Yes, SQ810 (333) departs 70 minutes after SQ806 (773). May make sense to merge the two on a 380.

Other airports with limited landing slots include DEL and BOM.

Comment

Working...
                              X