• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discounts for SIN-LAX/EWR

Business Times

Not 'business as usual' in SIA's promotion pitch
    It is cutting premium seat prices before its direct US flights end

[SINGAPORE] Singapore Airlines (SIA) has rolled out a competitively priced promotion for its direct, all-Business Class flights to Los Angeles and New York in a move seen as seeking to fill its seats before it suspends non-stop operations to the two cities in Q4 this year.
    While SIA will still operate flights to these cities through its existing one-stop flights to LA (via Tokyo) and New York (via Frankfurt), SIA will now be competing head-on with a huge number of other carriers who also offer a one-stop service, often at cheaper fares.
    Some of these airlines are making no secret of their intentions to take a bite out of SIA's pie either.
    From now until Oct 15, passengers can buy Business Class seats on both SIA's direct and one-stop services to LA at $6,777.

That's strange because at the recent new products launch somebody from SQ actually said they were looking to increase prices for the nonstop before they finish.

Comment

I think I will still fly my Suites Savers instead and pay the HON Circle Lounge a visit when stopping in Frankfurt.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        That's strange because at the recent new products launch somebody from SQ actually said they were looking to increase prices for the nonstop before they finish.
        I was wondering why it appeared to contradict that info!

Comment

yea, if anything i would expect the seats to be filled up even at premium prices considering its the last longest non-stop flight in the world!

Comment

Are they planning to layup their 340's after they terminate the non-stops?
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
              Part of the deal with Airbus in the last round of purchases, was to have them take the planes back.

Comment

I plan on spending my last SQ miles on the LAX-SIN service. I would like to do the longest flight but it means going back on myself 'LHR-EWR-SIN-LHR' rather than completing a RTW.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Part of the deal with Airbus in the last round of purchases, was to have them take the planes back.
                  Thanks for the info. A bit sad that as I've always preferred 340's over Yue other models.
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thanks for the info. A bit sad that as I've always preferred 340's over Yue other models.
                    Same sentiments here. Not looking forward to twiddling my fingers in FRA.

Comment

They had an agreement with Airbus. Airbus will take back the 5 A340s in exchange for discounts on their 70 A350s

Comment

Working...
                      X