Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yiks!!. Cockroach

Posting from a friend in FB......

Just took Singapore airlines Flt SQ 2 from Singapore to SFO.... horrible experience! There was a cockroach crawling along the folded up tray while we were taking off, being pathologically scared of them, I was panicking but chose to stay quiet because a little girl was sitting beside me and I didn't want to scare her (she might have been braver than me which would have been embarrassing too!!). When the fasten seatbelt sign was finally turned off, I informed the flight crew who told me to "go to the bathroom and I'll find it"... d'oh!

She didn't find it but our little pet emerged later crawling up the arm of the guy sitting across from me! He flicked it off and killed it and showed it to the crew.... it was really GROSS!!!!!

With the amount they are charging you'd expect they'd pay some attention to cleanliness and fumigation! BTW, all the crew would do after we showed them the dead critter was to ask if we wanted tea or coffee!!!
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Aiyah! One tiny cockroach what! With so much food served on a plane and all that cargo from-don't-know-where loaded below, it isn't surprising that some insects will be travelling companions on a flight. I'm sure that they fumigate the planes every now and then but there's always a chance one would still sneak in somewhere.

I've heard of snakes and rats ... and this youtube even shows a bat!

http://youtu.be/WXLnJYjL2OE

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Aiyah! One tiny cockroach what! With so much food served on a plane and all that cargo from-don't-know-where loaded below, it isn't surprising that some insects will be travelling companions on a flight. I'm sure that they fumigate the planes every now and then but there's always a chance one would still sneak in somewhere.

I've heard of snakes and rats ... and this youtube even shows a bat!

http://youtu.be/WXLnJYjL2OE
      Yeah agreed, cockroaches are pretty mobile creatures and one by itself is a random event - could well have hitched a ride from any city.

A couple of years back, there emerged footage from the US of plane with a cabin baggage compartment infested with maggots. That's much more likely a sign of a poor cleaning regimen!

Comment

I'd be more concerned if it was in my food...

That being said, Mrs Gunner Smithsen is the same as kapitan's friend, absolutely petrified (almost phobic) of the resilient little bar stewards.

Comment

Worse case is you do not get to see it. But it signed on your food "I have been here" !

Comment

Big deal

Comment

Working...
            X