Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many op-ups have you gotten? report them here! Share your joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did OLCI for CX flight 2 weeks ago, but, when I checked the status 1 day before departure, the screen shows that I have been op-uped to J (14D). So, the system could have earmarked those who will be "eligible" for op-up (based on MPO status in CX's case).

Comment

• second one was just confirmed. i'm excited already!

and thanks to the persons involved to make this possible ... those people know who they are
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
        second one was just confirmed. i'm excited already!

and thanks to the persons involved to make this possible ... those people know who they are
        Congrats! although it's not technically an operational upgrade.

Comment

• Y to C SQ286 AKL-SIN

Was booked for SQ298 CHC-SIN then got transferred to Auckland
          The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
            second one was just confirmed. i'm excited already!

I am just curious. This thread is about operational upgrade which I assume happened couple hours or even nearer to the boarding time. Your flight is way more than a month. I would not see that as an op-ups, but perhaps a sponsor upgrade done by someone using confirmed north america upgrade on UA?

Comment

• Just one so far

I'm TPP6 and I've only ever had one op-up on SQ (I was probably QPP3 at the time). It was C->F. They gave me the F boarding pass at check-in and tried to put me back into C at the gate. Fortunately the station manager was there and I politely explained to him that it would be very poor customer service to take away an op-up after the boarding pass had been given to the passenger. We departed with one empty seat in C.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                I am just curious. This thread is about operational upgrade which I assume happened couple hours or even nearer to the boarding time. Your flight is way more than a month. I would not see that as an op-ups, but perhaps a sponsor upgrade done by someone using confirmed north america upgrade on UA?
                ah ok. i just thought i'd post it because i actually paid a Y RTW and got one leg on business. so that pretty much is an upgrade in my eyes

not an operational upgrade, though. you are completely right!
                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  I'm TPP6 and I've only ever had one op-up on SQ (I was probably QPP3 at the time). It was C->F. They gave me the F boarding pass at check-in and tried to put me back into C at the gate. Fortunately the station manager was there and I politely explained to him that it would be very poor customer service to take away an op-up after the boarding pass had been given to the passenger. We departed with one empty seat in C.
                  that certainly would have been pretty tacky had they taken back the F BP. glad you got to keep your op-up.. still dreaming of my first.

listening to Rod Stewart's "Some Guys Have All the Luck"

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    that certainly would have been pretty tacky had they taken back the F BP. glad you got to keep your op-up.. still dreaming of my first.....
                    It is pretty hard to get an op-up if you pay for the highest class of service.

Comment

• Is there a word for involuntary downgrade? Statistically, I got bumped down twice. Once on LH/LOT (booked on C but the POZ to MUC service does not have this class) and the other on LH (flight cancelled for BIO-FRA but they rebooked on AF with no C class from BIO to CDG). Doesn't reflect well on LH, hmm?

Incidentally, like the AF C class food. Gotta take my hat off for french people and their passion for food.
                      there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

• Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                        Is there a word for involuntary downgrade?
                        Equipment changed from 3-class service to only 2-class. From F to C.

Comment

• Global Nomad, welcome to SQT!

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                          Is there a word for involuntary downgrade? Statistically, I got bumped down twice. Once on LH/LOT (booked on C but the POZ to MUC service does not have this class) and the other on LH (flight cancelled for BIO-FRA but they rebooked on AF with no C class from BIO to CDG). Doesn't reflect well on LH, hmm?
                          If POZ-MUC doesn't have C and that was so at the time of booking, I wouldn't call it an involuntary downgrade.

As for the other one, you presumably received some compensation from LH for this ? For example, this happened to me - change to a 2-class plane and bumped down to J; and I was given compensation in cash (the difference in fare) at the gate (IIRC, a Dragonair HKG-PVG flight).

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                            that certainly would have been pretty tacky had they taken back the F BP.
                            They did take my F boarding pass at the gate and give me a J boarding pass. It was extremely tacky, but a polite word with the station manager fixed it.

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                            glad you got to keep your op-up..
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                            still dreaming of my first.
                            Good luck! Sooner or later, it's bound to happen.

Comment

• SQ LPP/jhm

POZ-MUC originally had 2 class bookings C-Y which is normal for LH flights for regional flights. But it could be a change in equipment to Dash regional jets which has only 1 class (Y). Yes, they compensated me when I checked in and I can only encashed it in MUC.
                              BIO-CDG was a different story. LH cancelled the BIO-FRA flight. So they rebooked me on AF but Y class for the entire journey of BIO-CDG-DXB. So I rejected their bookings and told them to find better alternatives. Good thing AF ground handling agent overhead my frustration and taught the LH ground handling agents how to book using J class instead of C class for the CDG-DXB. By the time this was all sorted out, LH did not refund me for the BIO-CDG sector (it was Y class only flight - one hour, no sweat) and the plane was already delayed because of me. he he.

BTW, what happens to mileage points when the airline rebooked on another carrier? Can I still claim mileage although flight was cancelled?
                              there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

• Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                                BIO-CDG was a different story. LH cancelled the BIO-FRA flight. So they rebooked me on AF but Y class for the entire journey of BIO-CDG-DXB. So I rejected their bookings and told them to find better alternatives. Good thing AF ground handling agent overhead my frustration and taught the LH ground handling agents how to book using J class instead of C class for the CDG-DXB. By the time this was all sorted out, LH did not refund me for the BIO-CDG sector (it was Y class only flight - one hour, no sweat) and the plane was already delayed because of me. he he.

BTW, what happens to mileage points when the airline rebooked on another carrier? Can I still claim mileage although flight was cancelled?
                                Yes of course. In the situation above, you should have asked LH to give you the points for your cancelled flight and separately, claimed the points for the AF flight you actually took (into your Skyteam account).

Comment

Working...
                                X