This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
    On the A380 the footrest is the weakest point, its often slanted down. I don't understand why the design is different to the 77W.
    A380 upper deck cabin is smaller and narrower than the 777 cabin cross-section, and the walls slope sharply in. The seats needed to be adjusted in format and shape as a result.

Comment

• Good observations. I've never actually sat the 2006 J on the 77W, only the A380 (12.5hr flight to Zurich). Absolutely spot on about the footrest, i just didn't know that on the 77W its so much more sturdy. For me IFE is a big thing especially for longhauls, and i personally find the resolution, screen size and system on the 2013 product to be superior (i also prefer the 3D maps).

Comment

• 9V-STA has now been inactive for over two months. My speculation is that the lease has ended and the plane has been withdrawn from use. It's a shame to see another A330 go instead of a 772.

Comment

• 9V-STN was flown to Hong Kong this morning as SQ8894. In Hong Kong Airlines livery.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            9V-STN was flown to Hong Kong this morning as SQ8894. In Hong Kong Airlines livery.
            Does anyone know if the interior is removed from these aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              Does anyone know if the interior is removed from these aircraft?
              Seats still the SQ interior with the Zodiac 7811 seats as shown by an ex-SQC and current HX pilot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJMzKiZA...rneogeek&hl=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                Seats still the SQ interior with the Zodiac 7811 seats as shown by an ex-SQC and current HX pilot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJMzKiZA...rneogeek&hl=en
                Thanks, the actual plastic of the seat itself looks brighter. I guess its because its contrasting with the darker red carpet and covers.

Comment

• 9V-STM performed an air-test as SQ8893 earlier today (31AUG); in full Hong Kong Airlines livery.

Comment

• 9V-SKQ has not been flying for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      9V-SKQ has not been flying for a while.
                      PEY installation wouldn't be unexpected.

I believe SQ217/8 will be a PEY + all upper J variant when it goes permanent A380 late October, although I'm basing this on the seating chart for one flight I have in mid-November. I don't know if that's an indication that there definitely won't be an upper-Y cabin or if they haven't made the final decision yet so it's unavailable for selection at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 6 JULY 2016)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 27
                        Seating: 30J/255Y (Regional J, 2006 Y).....
                        Dear FSJZ,

Would you be so kind as to provide an updated list?
                        Your list has evidently served a number, including myself, of us very well.
                        I'd even gladly buy you a beer

Comment

• 9V-SKI seems to have gone AOG at Shanghai. Supposed to operate SQ833|05SEP.

Comment

• I think the fact SWA did HKG, then SYD, and also MUC/MAN now gives me the strongest evidence it is now a 77WR. If it also does LHR, DXB, AKL, and ICN/SFO, evidence will then only be the strongest to prove. But I am with you all to believe 9V-SWA is a 77WR. Hope the Wifi hump looks the same as the newer 77W birds SWU-SNC.

Comment

• It's a 77WR. Moving on...

Comment

• whats up with SQ346 to Zurich...it seems to always bear the brunt of equipment shortages.
                                today (8sept) the flight left 8hrs late at 0945hrs.

all this while at least 4 other A380s were sitting on the ground. are SKI/J in the paintshop getting their SG50 liveries removed?

Comment

Working...
                                X