This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    I rest my case. If it did re-enter, my guess is after its very long storage in ASP, it was in maintenance for a while and decided to put it on a few short flights before sending it back long-haul.

The only other plane is SWJ, which is the only other 77W parked in ASP. SWM and SWN are in SIN, I'm sure they will eventually return to service.

I'm still banking on SWD-SWF to be the candidates of the 77W going to AI. The only question after that is will they deploy the plane with the SQ interior or retrofit it with a different interior scheme? In my opinion, the 2013 seats still look as brand new as they did when I flew the 2013 cabin products back in late 2016 (and they were one of the most comfortable out there compared to the current 2017 Y class seats which are quite cramped and narrow).
    Yes, after few regional routes, SWK has just done one return trips from SIN to LAX via Tokyo.

If SWD-SWF are indeed going to AI, the current SQ interior will be kept until the lease ends based on what I am reading at Indian Aviation Forum. Currently, the supply chain for cabin interior outfitting are stretched beyond its limit, OEMs are having issue attending to new aircraft interior demand. In addition, I doubt AI would want to spend $$ in refurbishing them since the leases for DL B772LR, EY B77W and SQ B77W are meant for temporarily lift until their own A350/ B777X and another batch of B787 are delivered. AI is now refurbishing their own B787, B772LR and B77W.

I am somehow curious why did SQ stored SWM and SWN in SIN, but sent SWJ going to ASP. Does anyone know where SWW is?
    Last edited by jul247; 3 August 2023, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post

SWK re-entered revenue service yesterday (25 July) so that might not have been accurate.
      Thank you for the confirmation. Yes indeed, Skyliner-aviation.de has been known to be riddled with mistake, we need to take their information with pinch of salt.

That being said SWA is still looking for new operator. Previous deal with Privilege Style has fallen through.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post

Yes, after few regional routes, SWK has just done one return trips from SIN to LAX via Tokyo.

If SWD-SWF are indeed going to AI, the current SQ interior will be kept until the lease ends based on what I am reading at Indian Aviation Forum. Currently, the supply chain for cabin interior outfitting are stretched beyond its limit, OEMs are having issue attending to new aircraft interior demand. In addition, I doubt AI would want to spend $$ in refurbishing them since the leases for DL B772LR, EY B77W and SQ B77W are meant for temporarily lift until their own A350/ B777X and another batch of B787 are delivered. AI is now refurbishing their own B787, B772LR and B77W.

I am somehow curious why did SQ stored SWM and SWN in SIN, but sent SWJ going to ASP. Does anyone know where SWW is?
        SWW was doing maintenance for over a month but re-entered revenue service this month.

I don't have an answer to SWJ, SWM, and SWN but I guess it depends on what routes come back that require the 77W and First class. Perhaps, another ZRH flight in the PM time as it used to be a daily A380 pre-covid. I'm not holding my breath HKG-SFO returning even with the 77W or at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

SWW was doing maintenance for over a month but re-entered revenue service this month.

I don't have an answer to SWJ, SWM, and SWN but I guess it depends on what routes come back that require the 77W and First class. Perhaps, another ZRH flight in the PM time as it used to be a daily A380 pre-covid. I'm not holding my breath HKG-SFO returning even with the 77W or at all.
          Much due reply, thank you for your reply.

Comment

• 9V-SKL caught devoid any titles at Alice Springs Airport, Australia. Could be the first A380-841 to be scrapped at ASP.
            Source

Comment

• SKL has already been deregistered and returned to its lessor Lloyd Fonds AG. Looks inevitable that it's to be scrapped in ASP, but that's now its owner's problem - not SIA's.

SKK will also be deregistered in ASP and returned to lessor Hannover Leasing - similar fate no doubt.

SKF (owned by SIA) will be scrapped in SIN, and that's a wrap - the final 12 remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                SKL has already been deregistered and returned to its lessor Lloyd Fonds AG. Looks inevitable that it's to be scrapped in ASP, but that's now its owner's problem - not SIA's.

SKK will also be deregistered in ASP and returned to lessor Hannover Leasing - similar fate no doubt.

SKF (owned by SIA) will be scrapped in SIN, and that's a wrap - the final 12 remain.
                Thank you for the additional information.

What a sad ending for those young A380s. It seems a lot of A380s couldn't live past their 10th birthday. MH's oldest was retired at its eight birthday, youngest at seventh. Air France oldest retired at 11th. Youngest at 7th.

Emirates parking a huge portion of their A380 fleet to preserve the flying hours. Qatar and Etihad are 50/50 active fleet mode. Thai parked their five for good, too costly to bring them back.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                  SKL has already been deregistered and returned to its lessor Lloyd Fonds AG. Looks inevitable that it's to be scrapped in ASP, but that's now its owner's problem - not SIA's.

From the photo of SKL sitting at ASP, it does appear inevitable that it will be scrapped in ASP indeed, given it is now devoid of its engines too. Can't imaging the owner installing sourcing and installing the engines just to fly it off somewhere else, unless a new owner/operator has already been found for it, which I highly doubt so...

Comment

Working...
                  X