X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Update on 77WR completion:

My flight on SQ237 in July has been changed from the old 77W configuration to the 77WR. It would be fair to assume SQ237/8 could be the last flight pair to utilise the old configuration. The 77W refurb project will finally end in the first half of 2018 with all 77Ws having an identical layout.
    I am on SQ238 in Feb and SQ237 in April

The Feb flight has changed a few times per the seatmap

But 9V-SWS flys it most days with SWT on the others

Yet again MEL getting the oldest equipment...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
      Yet again MEL getting the oldest equipment...
      Not quite true, it doesn't get the purple cabins...

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Not quite true, it doesn't get the purple cabins...
        Fortunately now you mean "the purple cabin" as there's only one left.

And true, I'm relieved that currently MEL is not getting any old 777s, as SYD, BNE, CBR & PER all have at least one flight with an old 772. I keep wondering when SQ247/8 might turn 772ER as the A330s are returned to lessors.

Comment

• I've just boarded 9V-SVN in BNE. I can confirm it definitely hasn't been refitted with any ex-77W 2006 Y seats or IFE. Still the ancient stained lumpy seats and archaic IFE for my 8 hour flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Update on 77WR completion:

My flight on SQ237 in July has been changed from the old 77W configuration to the 77WR. It would be fair to assume SQ237/8 could be the last flight pair to utilise the old configuration. The 77W refurb project will finally end in the first half of 2018 with all 77Ws having an identical layout.

As soon as SWG is complete which can't be too far off, either HND or NRT will likely upgrade- perhaps HND since they ran NRT as an old 773 for a few days this week.
            Any ideas of when they will announce HND becoming PEY for the overnight flight out of HND ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
              Any ideas of when they will announce HND becoming PEY for the overnight flight out of HND ?
              I can't see any news so far on 634/635 getting PEY. Even NRT will still stick with a 3 class 77W according to the seat map. If SQ were to refurbish all their 77W, depending on what happens to NRT, it will be at least May or June at the rate this is going. All I know is that NRT will get its A380 back after the peak Holiday season is over and MEL switches to a 77WR.

Again, don't forget, SWG has already passed its 8th week of being out for a retrofit, and sounds likely it will be the first week of 2018 it will be hatched. SQ217/218 is also supposed to go 77WR in January before the A350 returns on that route.

Comment

• What Y seats will the regional A350's and 787-10's get? Also, I find it weird that they didn't install the new A380 Y seats on the newest A350's. Because now they are basically installing old seats into completely new aircraft that will stay in the fleet for many years.
                Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                  What Y seats will the regional A350's and 787-10's get? Also, I find it weird that they didn't install the new A380 Y seats on the newest A350's. Because now they are basically installing old seats into completely new aircraft that will stay in the fleet for many years.
                  The 2013 J seat is 3" wider than the new A380 J seat. I think I'll have a wider seat in return for having to manually flip it into a bed

Comment

• Originally posted by JonathanL View Post
                    The 2013 J seat is 3" wider than the new A380 J seat. I think I'll have a wider seat in return for having to manually flip it into a bed
                    I was wondering about the Y seats.
                    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                      I was wondering about the Y seats.
                      Although they may look similar, Y seats are designed for slightly differing situations, e.g. 2006Y A330 seats look the same as 2006Y B77W seats, but they're not interchangeable. If you ask an airline seat supplier to change a product slightly to fit the specifics of a different craft, they won't do it for free.

The A350 Y seat was revised from the 2013 77W seat and does differ even though it has a similar look. As such, it's only a 2 year old design. The more planes it goes into, the lower it's overall design cost becomes, and likely when it was specified, the unit price was dependent on a minimum unit order.

Comment

• SWG has hatched and is doing SQ306/305 to LHR. Without the A/T, SQ305 on ExpertFlyer shows 4 First class seats. That concludes the fact SWG is already a 77WR.

Comment

• Good so down to 3 77Ws now

MEL got SWI today

Always one of the non refurbished 77Ws

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                            Good so down to 3 77Ws now

MEL got SWI today

Always one of the non refurbished 77Ws
                            If you're referring to 237/238 they're regularly rostered with that until late March when the Northern Summer schedule debuts. 217/218 go 77WR on New Year's Day.

SWI may go out for a retrofit next, we just don't know when yet. So it indeed took 8 weeks for SWG.

Comment

• seems quite sometime to do a refit of the 77Ws as takes 8 weeks or 2 months out of service - which is about what it takes for a major D check. Wonder if they do any major checks at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                seems quite sometime to do a refit of the 77Ws as takes 8 weeks or 2 months out of service - which is about what it takes for a major D check. Wonder if they do any major checks at the same time.
                                Although we're on the last day of 2017, earlier this year, it was February, SWG was out but came back 6 weeks later unrefitted. Was that a D check as well or something else? I read a D check takes 2 months since this one involved taking out old seats and installing the new. I dunno anything else beyond that.

Comment

Working...
                                X