This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
    Though I am not an aircraft engineer, i remembered BA 772ER suffered similar incident last in Vegas. That 772ER was fitted with a GE90 and the damaged was even worse. From what I know, that 772ER was not written off.
    Indeed, that 772ER (VIIO) survived and returned to service late last March.

Though things may be different in this case, can't tell right now. We'll see.

Cheers
    Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
      Indeed, that 772ER (VIIO) survived and returned to service late last March.

Though things may be different in this case, can't tell right now. We'll see.

Cheers
      Michael
      And this AC is about 18 year old. SWB will live to see another day.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 2 APRIL 2016)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 27
        Seating: 30J/255Y (Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-STA
        - 9V-STB
        - 9V-STC
        - 9V-STD
        - 9V-STE
        - 9V-STF
        - 9V-STG
        - 9V-STH
        - 9V-STM
        - 9V-STO
        - 9V-STQ
        - 9V-STR
        - 9V-STT
        - 9V-STU
        - 9V-STV
        - 9V-STW
        - 9V-STY
        - 9V-STZ
        - 9V-SSA
        - 9V-SSB
        - 9V-SSC
        - 9V-SSD
        - 9V-SSE
        - 9V-SSF
        - 9V-SSG
        - 9V-SSH
        - 9V-SSI

Airbus A350-900

In Service: 3
        On Order: 57
        EIS: 2016
        Seating 1: 42J/24S/187Y (2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SMA
        - 9V-SMB
        - 9V-SMC

Airbus A350-900ULR

On Order: 7
        EIS: 2018
        Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
        On Order: 5
        EIS: 2017
        Seating 1: 12R/86J/311Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKM
        - 9V-SKP
        - 9V-SKQ
        - 9V-SKR
        - 9V-SKS
        - 9V-SKT

Seating 2: 12R/60J/36S/333Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2015 S, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKA
        - 9V-SKB
        - 9V-SKC
        - 9V-SKD
        - 9V-SKE
        - 9V-SKF
        - 9V-SKG
        - 9V-SKH
        - 9V-SKI
        - 9V-SKJ
        - 9V-SKK

Seating 3: 12R/86J/36S/245Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2015 S, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKL
        - 9V-SKN

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 11
        Seating 1: 38J/228Y (Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SQJ
        - 9V-SQK
        - 9V-SQL
        - 9V-SQM
        - 9V-SQN
        - 9V-SRM
        - 9V-SRO
        - 9V-SRP
        - 9V-SRQ

Seating 2: 30J/293Y (Ultimo J, 2001 Y)

- 9V-SRJ
        - 9V-SRL

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 10
        Seating 1: 30J/255Y (Spacebed J, 2001 Y)

- 9V-SVF

Seating 2: 26J/245Y (2006 J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SVB
        - 9V-SVC
        - 9V-SVE
        - 9V-SVG
        - 9V-SVI
        - 9V-SVJ
        - 9V-SVL
        - 9V-SVM
        - 9V-SVN

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 6
        Seating 1: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SYF
        - 9V-SYG
        - 9V-SYH
        - 9V-SYJ
        - 9V-SYL

Seating 2: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SYI

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 27
        Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWA
        - 9V-SWB
        - 9V-SWD
        - 9V-SWE
        - 9V-SWF
        - 9V-SWG
        - 9V-SWH
        - 9V-SWI
        - 9V-SWQ
        - 9V-SWR
        - 9V-SWS
        - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
        - 9V-SWV
        - 9V-SWW
        - 9V-SWY
        - 9V-SWZ
        - 9V-SNA

Seating 3: 4F/48J/28S/184Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWJ
        - 9V-SWK
        - 9V-SWL
        - 9V-SWM
        - 9V-SWN
        - 9V-SWO
        - 9V-SWP
        - 9V-SNB
        - 9V-SNC

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 30
        EIS: 2018
        Seating: TBA

Total

In Service: 103
        On Order: 99
        Thank you for this, FSJZ.
        I hope you don't mind me adding this update to your first post for easy reference of all SQTalkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Thank you for this, FSJZ.
          I hope you don't mind me adding this update to your first post for easy reference of all SQTalkers.
          Great post. Can this be sticky-ed somewhere?

Comment

• 9V-SKP has PEY installed.
            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

• Does anyone know how much longer SQ will be keeping the 772ERs (SV series) for? It's miserable flying long-haul flights in them with the inferior IFE with limited selection and bad screen resolution. On top of that, they seem to be in appalling condition with broken headrests and uncomfortable and lumpy seats.
              Last edited by jaywell; 3 July 2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• The 772s are meant to be replaced with A350s, so it seems how long SQ plans on keeping them depends largely on Airbus.

Comment

• It seems like some of the 772s have received new maps and updated KrisWorld layout that looks like the ex2 system. Does this mean the content has improved too? The two 772ERs I've taken recently (SVE and SVJ) didn't have the new maps though.

Images taken from this Flight Report: http://flight-report.com/en/report/1...-Singapore-SIN

I apologize for the large images. Does anyone know how I can make the attached images smaller?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                    It seems like some of the 772s have received new maps and updated KrisWorld layout that looks like the ex2 system. Does this mean the content has improved too? The two 772ERs I've taken recently (SVE and SVJ) didn't have the new maps though.
                    The older IFE has the "look and feel" of the newer 77W/A380/A330 system but it comes with a vastly reduced selection- I would guess it to be around 35% of the newer IFE.

I'm doing a full 21 hour flight on one of these at the end of the week- CPH's plane often then heads to MEL so it could even be the exact same craft the whole way CPH-MEL. Not looking forward to it. Quite frankly they should have left the Y cabin alone- the purple seats were fine compared with the new covers that slip off and the foam underneath is lumpy and corrugated on many seats. I will admit that J flyers did well out of the refits going from 2-2-2 to 1-2-1.

Tried to get an upgrade on SQ207 about 6 months ago as I'm on full-flex ticket. Simply nothing offered- not even for all the points in the world, not even a waitlist option on full points.

These planes aren't going anywhere soon. Any that were leased have left the fleet. Maybe SVF will go as it must be operationally complex to have a one-off seating plan containing the only remaining spacebeds in the fleet. It mostly flies to MLE. I think they plan to keep using them on short and mid haul for at least a couple more years.

Comment

It seems like some of the 772s have received new maps and updated KrisWorld layout that looks like the ex2 system. Does this mean the content has improved too? The two 772ERs I've taken recently (SVE and SVJ) didn't have the new maps though.

Images taken from this Flight Report: http://flight-report.com/en/report/1...-Singapore-SIN

I apologize for the large images. Does anyone know how I can make the attached images smaller?
                      I can confirm this on 9v-SRM (772), but not SYL (773), because i boarded those last week. Map is completely similar to ex2, menu to, as SQ228 said, has looks and feel of the newer sibling. Unfortunately, due to a short flight i did not bother to start a movie.
                      http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=16

Comment

Hi!
                        I'm the original poster of the pictures
                        Yes, the 772ER I was on (9V-SQK) had an updated flight map. Content wise I think it was similar to the A380 that I took on my flight to HK?

Comment

• Originally posted by aduxsified View Post
                          Hi!
                          Yes, the 772ER I was on (9V-SQK) had an updated flight map. Content wise I think it was similar to the A380 that I took on my flight to HK?
                          What about the SV series? I flew with one (9V-SVN) like a week ago that still had the good old look.
                          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                            What about the SV series? I flew with one (9V-SVN) like a week ago that still had the good old look.
                            I'm not too sure about that...

Comment

• Originally posted by aduxsified View Post
                              Hi!
                              It's good to know that the regionally-configured 772s (SQ and SR series) have received upgrades to their IFE system to 77W/380 standard, which significantly improves the content. The upgraded maps are also a welcome change, but it's a shame that they didn't upgrade the screens.

I hope that SQ upgrades the long haul 772s (SV series) with the newer IFE and maps, as it would significantly improve the onboard experience. I've recently done some flights on them to CHC and MEL, and the content on the old KrisWorld system is bad to say the least.

Comment

It's good to know that the regionally-configured 772s (SQ and SR series) have received upgrades to their IFE system to 77W/380 standard, which significantly improves the content. The upgraded maps are also a welcome change, but it's a shame that they didn't upgrade the screens.

I hope that SQ upgrades the long haul 772s (SV series) with the newer IFE and maps, as it would significantly improve the onboard experience. I've recently done some flights on them to CHC and MEL, and the content on the old KrisWorld system is bad to say the least.
                                The 'upgrade' is just a front page and flight maps, essentially. I don't see how any of the old 772s, no matter which series they are, would have the same amount of content on the IFE system as an A380/B77W. The central server would be too old and limited to store and deliver more content.

The same goes for the 773s which are currently being refitted with 77W seats that came out of 77W refits. In order to seriously upgrade the IFE, the whole lot- operating system, server, screens, seats and handsets have to be transferred as a package. They're not independent devices that can be made to work together like a TV and a DVD player can.

Comment

Working...
                                X