This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    Nuuuuu....SNA flew SQ318 today.....guess i'll have to contend with a 77W tomorrow.....haha
    As per FR24, looks like it is gonna be 9V-SWG. I feel you man.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      I'm also going to assume that if SWU makes a test flight as SQ8877, we know that means it's fitted with PEY and 77WR (Hope they will fit it with 3D maps slowly). I am also under the assumption the 77WNs could be getting a new Wifi system first too, then again they should decide on how they will then refit all other 77Ws to get the 2013 product and the newer OnAir GX Aviation Wifi (Assuming it will be time-based). I hope it won't be a 4-week or less regular maintenance and just comes back and flies a route without a test flight. This process should take no longer than 2-3 weeks.
      I was looking at the latest SQ published timetable and noticed that w.e.f 23 June, SQ306 will be served by an A380. Will be interesting to see where will the 77WR then be deployed. Are we possibly looking at SQ318 having PEY?
      Last edited by iancasillas; 10 June 2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
        As per FR24, looks like it is gonna be 9V-SWG. I feel you man.
        It can't be SWG, it is currently doing 217/218. They think that because PEK had a 77WN regularly for a week and that 77WN went to LHR after it arrived from PEK.

I can tell it will likely be SWY unless they decided to use a older 77W.

As for SQ306, I can probably assume 318/319 could be 77WR but who knows? I can probably draw from here there would be a spare 77WR available to do DXB because that often gets switched the most due to maintenance on 77WR at certain times.

Comment

I can tell it will likely be SWY unless they decided to use a older 77W.
          SWB is operating today's SQ318.

It looks like the additional 77WR that comes off SQ306/305 will be allocated to SQ231/222.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
            SWB is operating today's SQ318.

It looks like the additional 77WR that comes off SQ306/305 will be allocated to SQ231/222.
            Feel sorry for the poster that was hoping for the newest 77WN seats. Well looks like two places finally get to get PEY in the Southern Hemisphere for the Winter season.

In that case, they need to get back to refitting planes to have enough frames for FRA, HKG, MUC/MAN and DXB. Also, in that case I assume 866/865 remains unchanged, 306/305 always gets the 77WR frame from there.

Comment

Feel sorry for the poster that was hoping for the newest 77WN seats. Well looks like two places finally get to get PEY in the Southern Hemisphere for the Winter season.

In that case, they need to get back to refitting planes to have enough frames for FRA, HKG, MUC/MAN and DXB. Also, in that case I assume 866/865 remains unchanged, 306/305 always gets the 77WR frame from there.
              And LHR too! It will be funny that LHR with 4 X daily flights, does not have a flight offering 2013 product consistently. Also there is NRT which seems to have dropped off SIA radar recently, a 772/ER for NRT is quite joke IMO.

Comment

And LHR too! It will be funny that LHR with 4 X daily flights, does not have a flight offering 2013 product consistently. Also there is NRT which seems to have dropped off SIA radar recently, a 772/ER for NRT is quite joke IMO.
                Well, the 77WN that was taken away from NRT is used as 636/631 to HND. Believe it or not, there have been days HND has gotten twice daily 77WN (The afternoon one that turns as 634/635 2 hours after SQ1 maybe 2 or 3 times).

As far as the rotations go, as you know both SQ231 and SQ285 depart at night, that's no issue. However, SQ222 and SQ286 arrive during the evening hours (286 arrives around 7pm, 222 arrives at 9pm). Flights like SQ16/15 will obviously not be affected as they'll be using either their own frame, a frame from DXB ore even MAN/MUC most of the time.

SQ231 will likely get the frame from SQ865, just like SQ285 will get the frame from SQ325 (Almost all the time). I think that means DXB (494/495) will be missing out on PEY until they have at least 2 more refitted frames. The issue with SYD is the plane sits there for a while and returns as 222 that only gets back to SIN by night.

As you all see, DXB tends to be neglected the most as far as PEY frames go. But LHR (318/319) has been neglected quite a lot because SWU has been in maintenance.

Comment

Well, the 77WN that was taken away from NRT is used as 636/631 to HND. Believe it or not, there have been days HND has gotten twice daily 77WN (The afternoon one that turns as 634/635 2 hours after SQ1 maybe 2 or 3 times).

As far as the rotations go, as you know both SQ231 and SQ285 depart at night, that's no issue. However, SQ222 and SQ286 arrive during the evening hours (286 arrives around 7pm, 222 arrives at 9pm). Flights like SQ16/15 will obviously not be affected as they'll be using either their own frame, a frame from DXB ore even MAN/MUC most of the time.

SQ231 will likely get the frame from SQ865, just like SQ285 will get the frame from SQ325 (Almost all the time). I think that means DXB (494/495) will be missing out on PEY until they have at least 2 more refitted frames. The issue with SYD is the plane sits there for a while and returns as 222 that only gets back to SIN by night.

As you all see, DXB tends to be neglected the most as far as PEY frames go. But LHR (318/319) has been neglected quite a lot because SWU has been in maintenance.
                  Nice one SQfanatic. Never fail to impress me by your knowledge and level of analysis of the fleet management and schedules at SIA.

Comment

Nice one SQfanatic. Never fail to impress me by your knowledge and level of analysis of the fleet management and schedules at SIA.
                    Thanks but I still find it's complex what they can only do with 9 77WR across routes that get a frame but end up coming back fo SIN late. It's possible one of the routes will be missing out on PEY for a while. Besides, the poster stating about SWU could be correct, it's a possible trace to having a 77WR frame available for SYD. Then even SWT might either be out for regular maintenance or also undergoing refit to 77WR. Only time will tell.

Honestly it will take me days to adjust to how the frames will be rotated yet I will get a clearer analysis of what's happening to the 77WR. We will just have to watch FR24 for more info from that point 306/305 go A380

Comment

• SQ sure loves to switch equipment on the LHR route, now on the SFO route. It gave its frame SWW to CGK when the other option it had was SWV. And SWU is still not flying back in the air and SNA is ad hoc subbing as SQ368/367. SWH is being used. Honestly, if I was the one flying out for Summer on Sunday early morning, for a 14 hr flight I would be upset. They used to almost always have SFO's back. Luckily my friend who called is flying SQ15 on Sunday afternoon so they will hopefully get SNC, or one of the refitted Whiskey birds with OnAir Wifi.

I can tell if SQ is really refitting some 77WN to be 77WR the switches would seem to become more and more regular on 77WN routes, so to speak.

If SFO (Even via HKG) can go 77WR if most frames are 77WR it would simply make life easier than to bear any unneeded switches from 77WN to an older 77W. The other thing I can say is if there's no need for PEY on every route, some planes should be in the 77WN configuration to avoid switches like this. Right now we cannot tell if SQ will have many 77WR or make all SFO route in the future but they need to decide what to do with their planes with older products.

I am lucky I am not flying out til December (Unless something else changes), but if I do, most likely I would prefer to enjoy a new product on SQ15/16 on the way to/from India even if it means my mom and then my dad and I have the same long layover (Yes it's cheaper but there's plenty of fun things to do in Singapore).

Comment

• Yep, it was SWB operating SQ318 on my flight up. SWY came in about 40mins before SQ318's departure time (it was parked right opposite SWB), imagine my sian-ness lol. What's more, there was congestion at LHR when we arrived so we circled for an hour before finally landing. 14 hours of flying time. Even on the ground, the takeoff queue was around 15 planes long (i counted), so we had to wait in line before finally arriving at the gate. What a flight!

I really hope that SWU returns to service soon (and remaining as 77WN). I fly back on 26 June and would really really like to sit the 77WN. I was on SWY last year from SFO-HKG-SIN and i enjoyed it so much more than the old 77W.

Comment

I was looking at the latest SQ published timetable and noticed that w.e.f 23 June, SQ306 will be served by an A380. Will be interesting to see where will the 77WR then be deployed. Are we possibly looking at SQ318 having PEY?
                          Hmmm i believe the A388 replacing the 77WR should have PEY fitted (though i could be wrong), so 318/319 will remain 77WN/77W. Anyway, my 319 on 26 June shows 8F seats, so it doesn't look like the seat combis will change.

Comment

SQ sure loves to switch equipment on the LHR route, now on the SFO route. It gave its frame SWW to CGK when the other option it had was SWV. And SWU is still not flying back in the air and SNA is ad hoc subbing as SQ368/367. SWH is being used. Honestly, if I was the one flying out for Summer on Sunday early morning, for a 14 hr flight I would be upset. They used to almost always have SFO's back. Luckily my friend who called is flying SQ15 on Sunday afternoon so they will hopefully get SNC, or one of the refitted Whiskey birds with OnAir Wifi.

I can tell if SQ is really refitting some 77WN to be 77WR the switches would seem to become more and more regular on 77WN routes, so to speak.

If SFO (Even via HKG) can go 77WR if most frames are 77WR it would simply make life easier than to bear any unneeded switches from 77WN to an older 77W. The other thing I can say is if there's no need for PEY on every route, some planes should be in the 77WN configuration to avoid switches like this. Right now we cannot tell if SQ will have many 77WR or make all SFO route in the future but they need to decide what to do with their planes with older products.

I am lucky I am not flying out til December (Unless something else changes), but if I do, most likely I would prefer to enjoy a new product on SQ15/16 on the way to/from India even if it means my mom and then my dad and I have the same long layover (Yes it's cheaper but there's plenty of fun things to do in Singapore).
                            ya man, its quite mind blogging and frustrating in many ways. By right, SIA have a clear plan to standardlise the hard product for their 77W. I'm really wondering what is real reason behind the current suspension of the retrofitting programme.

For me I do not really care about the onboard Wifi, just want to fly in the 2013 J on SQ318 to LHR. Really do not wish to see my 68k miles wasted on the 2006 J! (where I could have fly the A350 into AMS with 17k lesser miles)

Comment

ya man, its quite mind blogging and frustrating in many ways. By right, SIA have a clear plan to standardlise the hard product for their 77W. I'm really wondering what is real reason behind the current suspension of the retrofitting programme.

For me I do not really care about the onboard Wifi, just want to fly in the 2013 J on SQ318 to LHR. Really do not wish to see my 68k miles wasted on the 2006 J! (where I could have fly the A350 into AMS with 17k lesser miles)
                              Flying via ICN, Wifi is not an issue. I don't care if my plane has OnAir, I only care I get a newer product in the future. That's acceptable because flying to ICN is less time than to HKG. I have family friends flying out tomorrow on SQ15 and assuming they'll be back on SQ16 to SFO in July and they will definitely get the new product anyway.

EDIT: Looks like my friends will not get SNC since that is not arriving at the terminal SQ16 is departing from. They will end up getting the Whiskey birds. However, in either case I'm really happy they're flying SQ's new product and having 3D maps. Hope I hear from them in the future how it is, but I am certain they will love it.
                              Last edited by SQfanatic; 12 June 2016, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks but I still find it's complex what they can only do with 9 77WR across routes that get a frame but end up coming back fo SIN late. It's possible one of the routes will be missing out on PEY for a while. Besides, the poster stating about SWU could be correct, it's a possible trace to having a 77WR frame available for SYD. Then even SWT might either be out for regular maintenance or also undergoing refit to 77WR. Only time will tell.

Honestly it will take me days to adjust to how the frames will be rotated yet I will get a clearer analysis of what's happening to the 77WR. We will just have to watch FR24 for more info from that point 306/305 go A380
                                The 23 June -- 4 September exchange of 77WR and A388 between 306/305 and 231/222 is a straight seasonal swap: the Sydney whale to LHR and the Heathrow 77WR to SYD. From 5 Sept., they return to the current rotations.

Comment

Working...
                                X