This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
    Good luck for your SQ318! I can feel your anxiety over the allocation of aircraft on the actual day! On SQ318 u can look forward to a sumptous lunch and a 'not so light' dinner to enjoy!

On a separate note,the main purpose of the 77W refitting exercise other than the addition of PEY is to reduce F to 4 and increase J to 48 which is a better reflection of the actual demand for the respective cabins. There is remote possibility for them to refit the rest of the fleet to 77WN as it doesnt make economic sense. If they do indeed intend to replace the 2006 product to 2013 product, the A380 fleet would have priority as the fleet are currently showing it's age and seriously needs some refurnishment.

However the refits will not happen for now for the A380 as the remaining fleet would be refitted with the latest 2017 product once it is launched next year.
    It has already been confirmed by SIA that the new A380 (replacing 9V-SKA to SKE - first five) will be launched with the 2017 products. The remaining A380 should get refurbishment treatment.

It will make things clearer and easier for regular consumers and marketing purposes if this is a reality:

A380: 2017 products
    77W & A350: 2013 products
    773 & A330: 2006 products (fleets eventually phasing out?)
    772/ER: Purple seats (retiring soon?)

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
      It has already been confirmed by SIA that the new A380 (replacing 9V-SKA to SKE - first five) will be launched with the 2017 products. The remaining A380 should get refurbishment treatment.

It will make things clearer and easier for regular consumers and marketing purposes if this is a reality:

A380: 2017 products
      77W & A350: 2013 products
      773 & A330: 2006 products (fleets eventually phasing out?)
      772/ER: Purple seats (retiring soon?)
      Its pretty likely we will see the A350's with 2017 products as well. They have already announced a different IFE after the first 20 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
        Just view some photos from Instagram, and it seems that 9V-SYH is fitted with the 2006 IFE/interior.
        That's great to hear. Means it's something serious they plan to do, not a one off experiment.

Comment

• Flying SQ318 on Friday.....past few days sooooo many 77Ws (today is SWE) taking the route......hopefully i snag a 77WN (either SNA or SWZ).

Comment

• Noticed that SWU has been out since 31 May....regular maintenance? Or perhaps one of the first 77WNs being refitted to 77WR? Could it be that fitting the PEY and removing 1 row of F seats is faster on 77WN as majority of the seating is already in place?

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
              Noticed that SWU has been out since 31 May....regular maintenance? Or perhaps one of the first 77WNs being refitted to 77WR? Could it be that fitting the PEY and removing 1 row of F seats is faster on 77WN as majority of the seating is already in place?
              Regular maintenance is my assumption. If they were going to refit to 77WR, SQ2/1 for example would be left out with the old product again as well as all 77WN routes like HND, MEL, LHR (Though we're seeing switches too many times). Lately, not just SQ318/319 was affected, a good number of days even 227/228 was affected too.

Comment

• Seems like flights to DXB (normally 77W/772) and even MNL (normally 772) are beginning to see 77WN being utilised and 77WN frequency to PVG and PEK are increasing. Baffles me though.....aren't 77WN mainly supposed to be for the lucrative longhauls like SQ318/319? MNL is the one i don't understand lol. Chopping and changing for holiday season also doesn't seem the likely answer. Wonder what's going on upstairs.
                Last edited by loldude333; 8 June 2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• MNL isn't a particularly premium market, but it can fill up a lot of Y seats. SQ has four daily flights there and would like to add a fifth, but can't get a slot.

Of those four flights, one is a 772 (SRJ or SRL), two are A330s, and the fourth is usually a refitted 773. If a 773 isn't available, a 77W or 77WN has to substitute (since F seats are needed). A 77WN at MNL is subbing for a 773, not a 772. SIN-MNL-SIN is just under 9 hours, so a plane that takes the morning rotation to MNL can be back at SIN for the late night bank of US/Europe flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                    MNL isn't a particularly premium market, but it can fill up a lot of Y seats. SQ has four daily flights there and would like to add a fifth, but can't get a slot.

Of those four flights, one is a 772 (SRJ or SRL), two are A330s, and the fourth is usually a refitted 773. If a 773 isn't available, a 77W or 77WN has to substitute (since F seats are needed). A 77WN at MNL is subbing for a 773, not a 772. SIN-MNL-SIN is just under 9 hours, so a plane that takes the morning rotation to MNL can be back at SIN for the late night bank of US/Europe flights.
                    Thanks, leops1984. I'm not as seasoned as many of you guys here, i just got interested since i'm flying up to London this Friday and wanted to know which flight to take to enjoy the 77WN haha.

Comment

Thanks, leops1984. I'm not as seasoned as many of you guys here, i just got interested since i'm flying up to London this Friday and wanted to know which flight to take to enjoy the 77WN haha.
                      If you want to enjoy the 77WN or at least a 77WR (with the same seats as the 77WN), I suggest taking SQ306 because it rarely gets swapped to an older 77W since that has PEY. 318/319 have been subject to switches way too regularly recently according to fr24.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        If you want to enjoy the 77WN or at least a 77WR (with the same seats as the 77WN), I suggest taking SQ306 because it rarely gets swapped to an older 77W since that has PEY. 318/319 have been subject to switches way too regularly recently according to fr24.
                        I initially wanted SQ306, and for the same reasons, but the time of arrival into LHR doesn't suit me sigh. I've been monitoring FR24 with sian-ness due to the recent flurry of swaps.....hopefully tomorrow is a 77W.....then maybe my chances of getting a 77WN increase......though no idea what SQ is up to with the swaps. Just got to cross fingers and hope then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          I don't think SQ 327/8 has either.

Comment

• Nuuuuu....SNA flew SQ318 today.....guess i'll have to contend with a 77W tomorrow.....haha

Comment

Noticed that SWU has been out since 31 May....regular maintenance? Or perhaps one of the first 77WNs being refitted to 77WR? Could it be that fitting the PEY and removing 1 row of F seats is faster on 77WN as majority of the seating is already in place?
                              I'm also going to assume that if SWU makes a test flight as SQ8877, we know that means it's fitted with PEY and 77WR (Hope they will fit it with 3D maps slowly). I am also under the assumption the 77WNs could be getting a new Wifi system first too, then again they should decide on how they will then refit all other 77Ws to get the 2013 product and the newer OnAir GX Aviation Wifi (Assuming it will be time-based). I hope it won't be a 4-week or less regular maintenance and just comes back and flies a route without a test flight. This process should take no longer than 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Nuuuuu....SNA flew SQ318 today.....guess i'll have to contend with a 77W tomorrow.....haha
                                You may get SWY off SQ1 if SQ1 arrives on time and has enough ground prep time not to delay SQ318's departure time. Otherwise if there's not enough ground time you may have to live with a 2006 77W which does suck.

All other 77WN are away from SIN and all will arrive much later than SQ318.

Comment

Working...
                                X