SIA orders aircraft worth $21.5 billion from Airbus and Boeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA orders aircraft worth $21.5 billion from Airbus and Boeing

SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines has ordered 30 Airbus and 30 Boeing aircraft in a deal valued at more than US$17 billion (S$21.5 billion), among the biggest in the airline's history.

The deal makes Singapore Airlines the launch customer for a proposed stretched version of the 787 Dreamliner, boosting Boeing's plans to offer a 320-seat aircraft designed for crowded intra-Asian routes. The order is subject to Boeing deciding to go ahead with the project, the airline said.

The carefully balanced deal also offers a tentative endorsement of the largest version of Airbus's future A350 - the 350-seat A350-1000 - which aims to compete with Boeing's successful 777 mini-jumbo. Singapore Airlines said it had the option to convert some of its orders for the main A350-900 model to the larger A350-1000.

Singapore Airlines already had 40 A350-900s on order.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/sia....ArjKTVIu.dpuf

Well done. Ordering a plane that's not launch yet!

And 70 A350s! That's like back in the early 90s when they ordered 77 777s.

Now, please spend some of that money to fix the website.... and the loyalty program...

Comment

SQ currently has 69 777s - presumably the majority will be at the "ripe" age to be sold by the time these new ones finally start rolling out.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Well done. Ordering a plane that's not launch yet!

And 70 A350s! That's like back in the early 90s when they ordered 77 777s.

Now, please spend some of that money to fix the website.... and the loyalty program...
        Couldn't agree more. SIA management continues to be deluded for now.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

SIN-FRA, End of June
          SQ= S$7,450 (J)
          TG= S$6,100 (C)

In addition to fixing your two obvious problems, SQ, stop reaming those of us based in Singapore, your so called 'friends', with rip-off prices that come up time and time again on this site. Wonder why your market share and profits keep going down? Answered in the other thread already the same way.

Hazard a guess at which I booked, go on, I dare you.

I would prefer to fly direct but really there is no difference leaving here at 9pm or midnight when arrival is around 6am the following morning either way.

Rubbing people's noses in it by saying 'Hey, look at us, we're spending a small country's entire GDP buying equipment' actually doesn't make it better.

Comment

$21.5 Billion Dollars for new aircraft (always welcome) and $21.50 Dollars for the website.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              $21.5 Billion Dollars for new aircraft (always welcome) and $21.50 Dollars for the website.
              $215.00 to retain the loyalty of people who spend $25k with them.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                SIN-FRA, End of June
                SQ= S$7,450 (J)
                TG= S$6,100 (C)

In addition to fixing your two obvious problems, SQ, stop reaming those of us based in Singapore, your so called 'friends', with rip-off prices that come up time and time again on this site. Wonder why your market share and profits keep going down? Answered in the other thread already the same way.

I would prefer to fly direct but really there is no difference leaving here at 9pm or midnight when arrival is around 6am the following morning either way.

Rubbing people's noses in it by saying 'Hey, look at us, we're spending a small country's entire GDP buying equipment' actually doesn't make it better.
                I agree with you. Nowadays I make a lot of booking on TG as the price is better. Heh.

Comment

SIN-FRA, End of June
                  SQ= S$7,450 (J)
                  TG= S$6,100 (C)

TG C is 4,500 SGD, TG F is 6,500 SGD. Book online on TG's webpage. TG F on the A380 is quite nice, just flown them to Paris (on US award for 2,500 SGD all-in return).

Comment

Yup, meant F. I upgraded from a J ticket that cost me S$4070.

Comment

They must really think the as yet untested (in terms of commercial use) A350 will be the most amazing plane ever. The B777 has served SQ so well, especially the 77W. One of the reasons why I fly SQ is for the 777s and to avoid being down the back of an A340. These A350s better be damn impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        They must really think the as yet untested (in terms of commercial use) A350 will be the most amazing plane ever. The B777 has served SQ so well, especially the 77W. One of the reasons why I fly SQ is for the 777s and to avoid being down the back of an A340. These A350s better be damn impressive.
                        Whats up with an A340?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          Whats up with an A340?
                          Its slow climb rate perhaps? Or maybe something to do with the product of some airlines on their A340s?
                          Last edited by SQGamespeed; 1 June 2013, 05:07 AM. Reason: Adding something relevant

Comment

Why would you care as a passenger?

Comment

SIN-FRA, End of June
                              SQ= S$7,450 (J)
                              TG= S$6,100 (C)

thats the reason why I am stopped from flying SQ by the company..... anyways, TG Plat is worth much more then SQ PPS.
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                              X