July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    Can we stop this nonsense discussion about seats in whY? SQ is not introducing any new seats in Economy, they are bringing new seats in Business and First.

Maybe the mods can shift these posts.
    I think they are going to be launching seats in Y at the same time too. If they want to design new cabins, might as well do everything together. Quote from Crikey.com:

"SIA is also not overlooking Economy Class, as the Airline’s premium positioning extends across all classes of travel. Development work is currently underway focusing on key areas such as improved seat and headrest comfort and personal space for travellers."

Source: Singapore Airlines flags new seats and cabins from 2013

Comment

• That's last years news.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        That's last years news.....
        So are they going to redesign Y seats?

Comment

• Someone commented on Facebook that all this buzz and excitement only concerns enhancements to First and Business, not the cattle class, to which the SQ Facebook team replied: "...we haven't forgotten our Economy Class customers. We will be unveiling an improved Economy Class seat as well as our next generation KrisWorld."

Comment

• SQ just posted a 44 second video on their Facebook page less than an hour ago, showing an interview with the BMW director of creative consulting on the new first class seats.

Youtube Link: The Next Generation First Class Seats

Transcript: So the design philosophy that we took into consideration here, is we used customer feedback, of course, as a core to understand how we can make this seat that more fulfills the needs. These are things that we took into consideration, and in the end, we believed that we created a seat that has these positive surprises for the passenger, where you realise that the designers and Singapore Airlines have taken into consideration and anticipated what the passenger might need and then, they will experience a positive surprise along the way.
            Last edited by FSJZ; 4 July 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
              SQ just posted a video on their Facebook page less than an hour ago, showing an interview with a BMW designer on the new first class seats.

The Next Generation First Class Seats
              Very enlightening marketing spiel ...

Comment

How many miles do you offer?
                1 Krisflyer mile =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                  Someone commented on Facebook that all this buzz and excitement only concerns enhancements to First and Business, not the cattle class, to which the SQ Facebook team replied: "...we haven't forgotten our Economy Class customers. We will be unveiling an improved Economy Class seat as well as our next generation KrisWorld."
                  Personally I'm fine with the existing economy class as it is. It is really one of the better Economy classes around.

The existing seat is okay, I hope they don't go for ANA's or the old CX's international economy seat. Or they go for 3-4-3 on the 77W in Economy. That would be a step backwards.

Realistically speaking, what do people expect SQ to do for Economy? It's still economy after all so to speak. More seat pitch? More recline?

The problem with SQ is that they still want to keep a premium in economy, thus requiring them to charge to higher price. But we know that people aren't willing to pay. Unfortunately for SQ and the likes, the gulf carriers are eating into their business (location is one thing)...but they could sell tickets cheaper because they have more seats to sell at least on the EK's 77W. So...enjoy the nice economy class while it lasts on SQ.

Comment

• And who exactly cares about new seats in whY when all we are sharing here is the excitement of the new premium seats?

Comment

And who exactly cares about new seats in whY when all we are sharing here is the excitement of the new premium seats?
                      Yeah, just let them Y's eat cakes. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Personally for Y seats, I love the "wings" on the headrest that I don't find in many other long haul airlines. Perhaps they could add lumbar and neck support as well, anything that aids sitting and sleeping in a seat for a long time.

Ok, back to topic of thrones in F and J. Those who you are going to the launch, I hope you beat SQ in publishing pics of the new chairs, otherwise adjectives such as "useless" comes to mind. And there's free wifi in JetQuay, so no excuses.

Comment

• I sure hope that SQ doesn't go 3-4-3 or remove the footrests in the back, these are big differentiating factor when picking between airlines in Y.
                        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                          The existing seat is okay, I hope they don't go for ANA's or the old CX's international economy seat. Or they go for 3-4-3 on the 77W in Economy. That would be a step backwards.
                          Agreed. The current Y seat is fine and the 3-3-3 in 777 is the reason why I fly SQ and not EK. As I often say though, I've never found EK to be charging a lower fare for one-stop Australia to Europe for longer term bookings. For the AU market, SQ offers a better Y product at the same price usually. I think it's really Singaporeans who are being charged the inflated prices by SQ.

Comment

I was making fun out of the 'three-day-event' because they have to invite soooooooooooooooooo many people.

The event is one night only and of course only in the VIP Terminal.
                            it is definitely 3 days

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                            The event covers the launch of an upgraded KrisWorld which will most likely be head-to-toe in the new aircraft. The discussion regarding the impact of a touchscreen KrisWorld (a plausible scenario) seems very relevant IMO.
                            touchscreen is confirmed for YCL

Comment

• SQ just posted another video on the new business class seats on their Facebook page, showcasing an interview with the Design Director of James Park Associates.

Youtube Link: The Next Generation Business Class Seats

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                                SQ just posted another video on the new business class seats on their Facebook page, showcasing an interview with the Design Director of James Park Associates.

Youtube Link: The Next Generation Business Class Seats
                                Don't bother clicking on it, it's 28 seconds of your life you'll never get back.....

Comment

Working...
                                X