July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redferret View Post
    Forgive me for my newb-ness, Do you mean someone whos booked a flight, or is this pilot speak?!
    Welcome to SQTalk, Redferret.

The comment you quoted above was before anyone had posted the schedules for the new aircraft.

Comment

• thanks for your help guys!

will keep an eye out for this thread!

Comment

• I think we may well be on a new one coming back aswell, My connecting flight is on the 18th but our LHR to SIN flight is on the 19th by the time we arrive and then depart again from SIN, fingers crossed!

Comment

• Just received an alert from flightaware:

SIA8877/9VSWU filed a flight plan KPAE -> WSSS/SIN

Singapore Airlines #8877 (B77W) has just filed a flight plan. It is scheduled to depart from Snohomish County (KPAE) at 03:00PM PDT Thursday heading for Singapore Changi (WSSS/SIN) for an estimated arrival at 06:09AM SGT.

Comment

• Originally posted by danere View Post
            Just received an alert from flightaware:

SIA8877/9VSWU filed a flight plan KPAE -> WSSS/SIN

Singapore Airlines #8877 (B77W) has just filed a flight plan. It is scheduled to depart from Snohomish County (KPAE) at 03:00PM PDT Thursday heading for Singapore Changi (WSSS/SIN) for an estimated arrival at 06:09AM SGT.
            Seems like there was a delay, and it just took off 20mins ago at 2311 PDT. ETA SIN 0612 - 16 hours non-stop. Hope I can spot it tomorrow morning when I take my flight.

Comment

• First look at SWU's interior:
              http://www.hflight.net/forums/topic/...9%80%E0%B8%A3/

Let us know if you spot her!

Comment

• Some images of the new seats in SWU - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2578678&type=1

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Some images of the new seats in SWU - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2578678&type=1
                  Looks nice !!

Comment

• Very nice but I hope they don't stick to the "...to make you feel at home" ad campaign for the new cabins 'cause whilst modern, these new cabins don't look slightest bit homely. Less leather, more plastic.
                    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      Some images of the new seats in SWU - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2578678&type=1
                      Looks beaut. I love the look of the J seat design in particular. I can see some of those little black and white cushions going missing in the future

(I tried to post some additional pics but unfortunately they've gone into the moderator's holding pattern. google: Ben_BEnz 9v-swu)

Comment

• I'm really really hoping that seat fabric I can see in Y isn't as stiff and abrasive as the current one, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm liking the new seat back though- no remotes or audio jacks in the armrests!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          I'm really really hoping that seat fabric I can see in Y isn't as stiff and abrasive as the current one, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm liking the new seat back though- no remotes or audio jacks in the armrests!!!
                          Yea, I really hope SQ can use the cushions in the old purple Y seats. Those were soft and plushy and very comfortable.

There is one drawback to the seat port panel though. As the headphone jack is connected to the seat front, it might be quite difficult to hang your headphone when not using it. Currently, you can just hang them off the armrest

And the carpets are much nicer now, compared to the current stripy one

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            Yea, I really hope SQ can use the cushions in the old purple Y seats. Those were soft and plushy and very comfortable.

There is one drawback to the seat port panel though. As the headphone jack is connected to the seat front, it might be quite difficult to hang your headphone when not using it. Currently, you can just hang them off the armrest

SWU is in flight to Singapore. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/9VSWU

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post

I would not be pleased if the headphone wires come into contact with my food if I dine and watch/listen to something.

The Y seat covers and carpet design (or lack thereof, from what it seems) are a step back in my opinion. The stripy one had character, and together with the seat covers, contributed to a warmer and cheerier ambience. The new gen Y color palette is cooler and makes the SQ Y cabin look like a run-of-the-mill Economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post

The Y seat covers and carpet design (or lack thereof, from what it seems) are a step back in my opinion. The stripy one had character, and together with the seat covers, contributed to a warmer and cheerier ambience. The new gen Y color palette is cooler and makes the SQ Y cabin look like a run-of-the-mill Economy.
                                Completely agree! Couldnt have said it better myself

Comment

Working...
                                X