Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarbonMan I (completely) agree!

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    Social interactions between passengers in First are usually non-existent.
    I only fly F as a reward for some achievements from my parents and can count my F experiences on two hands however I usually end up chatting with a fellow pax when I do fly up front. All my experiences have been during leisure travel periods and cabins have been mostly empty.

I find J to be the class of travel where I interact the least with other passengers as cabins are large and people are spaced far apart and many are on work trips, travelling with bosses and colleagues and are either catching up on work or taking a well needed rest. The same can be said in F however I haven't noticed this much in my limited experiences as mentioned above though I am sure my experiences have been an exception rather than the rule.

In terms of privacy I find the current R seat to have the best of both worlds as it allows passengers to completely shut themselves out or interact with other pax by keeping the doors open and cabin facing blinds raised.

For those that have dined together in R, is the tray table big enough to accommodate two full table settings? I'd imagine it'd be a bit tight with two main course plates opposite each other. Also, for those that have sacrificed their own throne for the ottoman in order to dine with their partner, is the ottoman comfortable enough to sit through the lengthy meal services?
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      For those that have dined together in R, is the tray table big enough to accommodate two full table settings? )
      Very much so

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      is the ottoman comfortable enough to sit through the lengthy meal services?
      Yeah, it's comfy enough for me to sit sideways if i want, definitely comfy enough sit through lengthy meals...

Comment

CarbonMan I (completely) agree!

I only fly F as a reward for some achievements from my parents and can count my F experiences on two hands however I usually end up chatting with a fellow pax when I do fly up front. All my experiences have been during leisure travel periods and cabins have been mostly empty.
        100+ experiences and I don't remember any flight talking to any passenger in First or Suites unless the person was accompanying me :-)

Sometimes, there is a quick 'thank you' for holding a door open but I think that's about it. Having said that, I always fly solo in window seat and never in a middle seat.

Comment

CarbonMan
          For those that have dined together in R, is the tray table big enough to accommodate two full table settings? I'd imagine it'd be a bit tight with two main course plates opposite each other. Also, for those that have sacrificed their own throne for the ottoman in order to dine with their partner, is the ottoman comfortable enough to sit through the lengthy meal services?
          It works as advertised

A table beyond First

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            A table beyond First
            SQ should pay your for that wonderful idea. I wonder where you got such an inspiration from.

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
              Love the drawings, Handiman!

I never did fall in love with SQ's "widest J seats in the sky" in spite of doing quite a few SQ 308s on them.

But I'm willing to give the new J seats a chance when they start flying
              TQ , but those were truly silly drawings LOL

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              I don't know about uncomfortable though. You look pretty happy in those seats. , smiling and all.

I would do something about building some mass in your lower body. I hear running helps - builds up thighs and calves.
              LOL, left side 5 yrs ago, on the right side updated version of me , one pack at center !! anyway a smile will make our day , and those masses at lower body indeed missing.. frankly i have no idea how to start with my big butt and lower body.. sorry OOT

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              Would probably have to grow some feet first

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Great looking sketches, Handiman!
              looking fwd to met you

Comment

• I was sent a survey by SQ today regarding the next generation of F and J seating (ie after the one just announced). Although I said I had flown both F and J in the last 12 months, it only asked me about F. Questions about my preferences for: suite with doors or private but no doors, or completely open, herringbone vs " straight", flip bed or sliding bed, leather or fabric etc. also asked whether I preferred upstairs or downstairs for F on a 380. Other questions about my lifestyle. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                  I was sent a survey by SQ today regarding the next generation of F and J seating (ie after the one just announced). Although I said I had flown both F and J in the last 12 months, it only asked me about F. Questions about my preferences for: suite with doors or private but no doors, or completely open, herringbone vs " straight", flip bed or sliding bed, leather or fabric etc. also asked whether I preferred upstairs or downstairs for F on a 380. Other questions about my lifestyle. Interesting.
                  Next generation Suites Class? Interesting indeed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    Next generation Suites Class? Interesting indeed...
                    Not necessarily Suites - the options included "normal" seating also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                      I was sent a survey by SQ today regarding the next generation of F and J seating (ie after the one just announced). Although I said I had flown both F and J in the last 12 months, it only asked me about F. Questions about my preferences for: suite with doors or private but no doors, or completely open, herringbone vs " straight", flip bed or sliding bed, leather or fabric etc. also asked whether I preferred upstairs or downstairs for F on a 380. Other questions about my lifestyle. Interesting.
                      I got one of those, and this just reminded me I forgot to read it.

Comment

• While nothing is decided yet, my bets are the following:

- A380 will see introduction of First Class on the Upper Deck
                        - The number of seats will be less (8)
                        - It will be 'straight' seating
                        - We will see a sliding bed
                        - Enclosed seats but no Suites

Let's ear-mark this and have a look in 2 years from now :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          While nothing is decided yet, my bets are the following:

do you think they will retrofit existing A380's or do you think it will be for new orders only?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            While nothing is decided yet, my bets are the following:

For the first one I hope they don't go for any of that "class beyond" hogwash.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              do you think they will retrofit existing A380's or do you think it will be for new orders only?
                              New orders first. They will have to refurb the exisiting fleet at some point in time but that would be second priority.

Comment

• AFAIK, the 5 new A380 orders are due in 2017 to 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X