No announcement yet.

July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may not be the right person to comment on First Class product, but what I can comment on after seeing all the photos released so far...there's only one word......"WOW". These are by far the most beautiful products in the market. Well done SQ!

SQ clearly shows her lead when it comes to the poise of beauty, classiness and differentiation. They're truly a league of their own when others just have the standard boring products that every other airlines has. If only they installed a door on the F Class seats, the whole launching would be nothing short of perfection. This is just my 2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
      A380 remains unchanged at 12 seats - the new F seats are going to 77Ws only. If they are smart, they should reduce it to 6 seats. How often is FCL full anyway? Most of the time, ppl flying in FCL are on redemption anwyay.
      You ask the right questions but you could give your answers a second try:

SQ can stick to 8 seats or follow CX to put 6 seats in the same space. They have opted to be able to sell up to 2 seats more and that makes economic sense.

The A380 will see F: not immediately but SQ has waived Suites goodbye already. They eating up ways too much space and are not able to fetch a premium. My guess is that the current Suites space will become Y and F will be 8 seats on the upper deck.

Comment

• I am pleased to see purple back a la SpaceBeds but I shall reserve comment on the products themselves until I see them myself on Thursday.

Originally posted by whanafi View Post
        I think you are making my point. Either manage your guest list, or manage your guests.
        That's a fair comment. If you spent an hour and a half there and didn't get to see the seat then that's bad organisation.

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
        SQ clearly shows her lead when it comes to the poise of beauty, classiness and differentiation. They're truly a league of their own when others just have the standard boring products that every other airlines has.
        Reading this I think you summed it up in the first line of your post. Lets leave the fanboy stuff for Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          The A380 will see F: not immediately but SQ has waived Suites goodbye already. They eating up ways too much space and are not able to fetch a premium. My guess is that the current Suites space will become Y and F will be 8 seats on the upper deck.
          It's heading in that direction, and if you study some of the promo material released today they show F on the upper deck on the 380, albeit with D seats on the left side.

Comment

• I'm a little underwhelmed by the J launch. But its still very very good, but the fact that we're forced to sleep sideways does not change. I'm OK with the seat being downsized a little, even though I'm large, but I do think that we should have been able to sleep straight. This would make the whole experience much better.

But I guess they did make lounging and relaxation much better with their lazy mode. Considering the way I had to convert my seat into a bed and was sitting up watching my movies, this is a much much better approach.
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              I am pleased to see purple back a la SpaceBeds but I shall reserve comment on the products themselves until I see them myself on Thursday.
              Yes, I am also pleased with purple back into a C cabin.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                the cabins will be separated according to the seat layout.what do you mean put the J seats in F cabin?
                My point exactly.

Comment

• I wonder if they will work on a new regional J product? Seems a shame that the New A330's being delivered will have old seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    I wonder if they will work on a new regional J product? Seems a shame that the New A330's being delivered will have old seats.
                    Not very true as one is regional J product (A330) and the other one is the new long haul J product (77W and A350).

Comment

• Purple leather?

An unnecessary update in my opinion.. The current J works just fine, and is still among the world's best business class products. I would have rather seen a comprehensive redesign 4-5 years down the road - one which would be fitted on all long haul aircraft to ensure consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                        An unnecessary update in my opinion.. The current J works just fine, and is still among the world's best business class products. I would have rather seen a comprehensive redesign 4-5 years down the road - one which would be fitted on all long haul aircraft to ensure consistency.
                        I totally disagree. The existing product is now five years old, which is long enough these days, especially when you see how quickly other airlines are updating their JCL products. We even have US airlines with quality flat beds these days.

Five years ago when the current product was launched the idea that they would be installing quality flat beds on their aircraft would have been laughed at. Most airlines now either have flat beds or will shortly have them, even LH, KL and (sure I read somewhere) AF. Hardly anybody had them when the current JCL was launched.

If you stand still, you go back. Unless you're BA, who seem to work in ten to fifteen year cycles and seem to get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          Not very true as one is regional J product (A330) and the other one is the new long haul J product (77W and A350).
                          I was talking about Y seats. They are putting new A330's into service with the old seats.

Comment

• Had a chance to look at them. They don't look uncomfortable by any stretch of the imagination, but i'm underwhelmed. There is no itch, there is no "die die must try" feeling here.

The first thing I did when they launched the seats back in 2006 was book a ticket to paris.

The first thing I did when i saw this yesterday was watch True Blood instead.

Comment

• Infographics from the ST today comparing J and Y seats. Kudos to them.

Comment

• How do they arrive at 132 inches JCL pitch??

Comment

Working...
                                X