No announcement yet.

July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, the new J has wowed me (way) more than the new F.

From the pics above, it seems that now has more storage space which I really appreciate

Comment

• Busy on here today......

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Finally some relevant photo-angles which tells us what we need to know (that they use amputee models for their photoshoots)...

What worries me is that it doesn't look like (maybe due to a certain photo angles) there is enough room for a tall person to stretch his legs while sitting down unless he sits at an angle and his legs up resting on the foot well.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
          What worries me is that it doesn't look like (maybe due to a certain photo angles) there is enough room for a tall person to stretch his legs while sitting down unless he sits at an angle and his legs up resting on the foot well.
          So glad I'm only 5'8

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
            The bandwidth for www.siaproductlaunch.com is tragically slow
            Well, well, well.....the site isn't working. Today of all days.

You couldn't make it up.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              A pretty detailed B-roll video on the highlights of all the seats (including the cabinet chocked with Ferragamo products for F). But of course not detailed enough for anyone to see the weakest areas. In particular I like how they showed the sleep mode for the J seats at 3:40 using seat 11A to give an impression of a full straight flat out view of the bed.

http://youtu.be/lVROcJbBljQ
              At 5:19 on the video in the link, one of the designers from BMW (I assume) actually says, "The new seat design really weaves in the service of Singapore Girls." I wonder what he really means by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                At 5:19 on the video in the link, one of the designers from BMW (I assume) actually says, "The new seat design really weaves in the service of Singapore Girls." I wonder what he really means by that.
                Marketing talk that really means that 1) the bloody pax won't get in the way of the Singapore Girl doing her job of clearing up his after-meal mess and 2) her tight sarong kebaya dress will not rip doing it.

Comment

Finally some relevant photo-angles which tells us what we need to know (that they use amputee models for their photoshoots)...

Thanks for the pictures

The pitch seems to have decreased

Comment

• the designs are great .. but i dont get it why they use this purple seat color in J ( so TGed) , and am not big fans of sleeping flat in " slanted " sideway mode.. and I was actually hoping for wider leg room when sleeping.. F is nice...

Comment

• While these new seats are certainly great for solo travellers, they are rather poor for couples and those with young children. Just wish this group was catered for...

Comment

• Just back from launch event

Have to start by saying although I was there for 1.5 hours, I didn't actually get to see the new seat up close.

Some bright spark decided to have "flights" every 10 minutes to have a close up. Since I was in the 12th flight (I have only been a Solitaire PPS for 17 years so don't rank), it meant a 2 hour wait standing around watching people scarf the buffet.

Life is too short.

Comment

• purple was the colour scheme of the space beds.
                          The new colour scheme for EY class does bring memories of UA/Continental seats.

Comment

I would be, considering that F is still 4-across per row. If they went to 6 F seats and increased J class, where would they put the additional J seats? In the F cabin?
                            the cabins will be separated according to the seat layout.what do you mean put the J seats in F cabin?

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                            Don't think it will be available for all Y seats. Perhaps following the current arrangement of 1 plug between 2 seats? but I dont seem to see the plugs on the arm-rests as per current seats. Is it below the seats?
                            i think 1 per 2 seats is fine...not everyone is plugged in anyway. But given a 3-3-3 layout in YCL, not sure how a 1 supply per 3 seats will work. prob 2 outlets for 3 seats.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            SQ will keep 1-2-1 in First Class. It's either 8 or 12 seats on the A380. 77W will be 8 seats.
                            A380 remains unchanged at 12 seats - the new F seats are going to 77Ws only. If they are smart, they should reduce it to 6 seats. How often is FCL full anyway? Most of the time, ppl flying in FCL are on redemption anwyay.

Originally posted by KFly View Post
                            Overall I think SQ has done a good job. The 3 classes of seats seem to be an evolutionary improvement over the current generation.

Given SQ wasn't planning on a completely new design, what they have done seem to be in response to passengers' feedback.

I assume there won't be a price differential between the new seats and current ones?
                            I should think not.

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                            the designs are great .. but i dont get it why they use this purple seat color in J ( so TGed) , and am not big fans of sleeping flat in " slanted " sideway mode.. and I was actually hoping for wider leg room when sleeping.. F is nice...
                            the JCL seats are brown - it was just the lighting/angle that made it look purple in the picture

Originally posted by whanafi View Post
                            Have to start by saying although I was there for 1.5 hours, I didn't actually get to see the new seat up close.

Some bright spark decided to have "flights" every 10 minutes to have a close up. Since I was in the 12th flight (I have only been a Solitaire PPS for 17 years so don't rank), it meant a 2 hour wait standing around watching people scarf the buffet.

Life is too short.
                            the event officially lasts 2 hours and to squeeze 140 guests for a tour within that time frame would be quite a challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post

the event officially lasts 2 hours and to squeeze 140 guests for a tour within that time frame would be quite a challenge.
                              I think you are making my point. Either manage your guest list, or manage your guests.

SQ staff stood around talking to each other while guests were left to their own. No where to sit for 2 hours after a long business day is asking a lot. Ironically it was to reveal SEATS.

To settle the seating questions, at least for the 777, here is the new chart.

Comment

• OK, just realized I don't know how to upload the image. Other forums have a browse button to look at your directory, but this is asking for a URL.

Comment

Working...
                                X