What happens to SQ237?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to SQ237?

I was at Changi (Apr 23rd) last week and noticed that SQ237 was cancelled. When I checked on flight aware, it seems like that flight has been cancelled a lot lately and B772 aircraft was used quite often instead of B773.

Is it because of low load?

same goes for SQ308 to london.
    been cancelled both yesterday and today. hope the pattern wont goes on as I will b taking it later this month
    hope SQ isnt catching the budget airlines disease

anyone knows the reason for the cancellations?

Comment

LHR I don't know but MEL probably related to the planned reductions: http://airlineroute.net/2013/02/19/sq-australia-may13/

Comment

Originally posted by frolic View Post
        I was at Changi (Apr 23rd) last week and noticed that SQ237 was cancelled. When I checked on flight aware, it seems like that flight has been cancelled a lot lately and B772 aircraft was used quite often instead of B773.

Is it because of low load?
        The planned reductions weren't supposed to begin for another week yet. I find it surprising that they are even planning to reduce MEL flights as they normally have strong loadings. If flight24 can be trusted, they have cancelled 3 consecutive days this week and last which is identical to the plans for the remainder of May.

I was on SQ238 end of February mid-week and thought it would be fairly empty but it was actually 80-90% full. Cancelling this flight would really stuff up a lot of connecting passengers through to Asian cities- and afterall, this flight was an A380 just over a year ago!

This is in stark contrast to their plan to add a fourth daily flight in July.

I'm not sure about the aircraft substitution though- flight24 claims consistent assignment of 773 refits for every flight except one at the beginning of April that got upgraded to a 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          The planned reductions weren't supposed to begin for another week yet. I find it surprising that they are even planning to reduce MEL flights as they normally have strong loadings. If flight24 can be trusted, they have cancelled 3 consecutive days this week and last which is identical to the plans for the remainder of May.

I was on SQ238 end of February mid-week and thought it would be fairly empty but it was actually 80-90% full. Cancelling this flight would really stuff up a lot of connecting passengers through to Asian cities- and afterall, this flight was an A380 just over a year ago!

This is in stark contrast to their plan to add a fourth daily flight in July.

I'm not sure about the aircraft substitution though- flight24 claims consistent assignment of 773 refits for every flight except one at the beginning of April that got upgraded to a 77W.
          Yeah, it's really weird that SQ adds a fourth flight but cancels SQ237/8 quite often. I was on both SQ227 and 228 3 times last April, the flights around early April was very full in C and Y, but around mid-end of April the flights were fairly empty for both C and Y. Suites was just sad, only saw 1-2, max 4 fellow passengers on all 6 flights.

Also, does anyone know about SQ616 to KIX? It's also been cancelled a lot lately.

Comment

I noted last week that SQ308 was cancelled a few days in a row, which is worrying as it's my preferred flight back to London (quite often because Y is rarely more than 70% full and lands at LHR at a decent time).

I did some research it seems for the month of May they are taking some A380 aircraft to service an Asian route. I checked the flight schedule on the SQ website and it seems by the middle of June SQ308 is back to operating seven days a week, but unsure whether that will be an A380 every day.

Same is said for SQ218 from MEL - SIN, I'm regularly on that flight and it's often a guessing game if that will be serviced by an A380 or a 773.

Edit: this on SQ308: http://airlineroute.net/2013/03/07/sq-380-apr13/
            Last edited by NoChanceToDance; 11 May 2013, 09:43 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

ohh.. that summarises everything.. dint thought of checking the flight schedules.. luckily my flight is on a Monday

Comment

Working...
              X