Singapore Airlines Advanced seat selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines Advanced seat selection

Singapore Airlines has a advanced selection for economy when booking,however only very small amount of seats( about 30% of the seats ) are available for this advanced seat selection and after it is filled up it is impossible to select seats until online-check in, where you would have probably indicated your preferred seat.
    Anyone has experiences to share?

Originally posted by JonLee View Post
    Singapore Airlines has a advanced selection for economy when booking,however only very small amount of seats( about 30% of the seats ) are available for this advanced seat selection and after it is filled up it is impossible to select seats until online-check in, where you would have probably indicated your preferred seat.
    Anyone has experiences to share?
    From experience with flights to/from Europe, SQ releases a(nother) large tranche of seats for online selection (under Manage My Booking) 120hrs before departure. Not sure about other routes.

OT, but SQ looks like it's doing well selling Preferred Seats - have never seen them still open even ~2 weeks out

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
      From experience with flights to/from Europe, SQ releases a(nother) large tranche of seats for online selection (under Manage My Booking) 120hrs before departure. Not sure about other routes.

OT, but SQ looks like it's doing well selling Preferred Seats - have never seen them still open even ~2 weeks out
      hope its true- it do not want to be seated in the middle of the Y cabin and unable to change my seat

Comment

In my understanding, Singapore Airlines only released 50% of the seats for advance seat selections. The rest are reserved for editing by the seat controllers 72 hours before departure. The practice is done to ensure that family or people traveling together who haven't reserved their seats in advance are able to sit together during the flight. It is also used to ensure that the infants get priority for bassinet and those with mobility issues have priority for aisle access. It is particularly important during busy flights, as to avoid any issues during check in.

You can request any particular seats via reservation, but unless the seats are available, it is not guaranteed.

Comment

my experiences with specific seat reservations (before they are released) are usually positive (no need for PPS, KF*G statuses whatsoever). SQ will usually release the seat to you a few days once you have placed the specific seat request with them.

most blocked seats will get released anywhere from 2-7 days before the actual flight...

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
            In my understanding, Singapore Airlines only released 50% of the seats for advance seat selections. The rest are reserved for editing by the seat controllers 72 hours before departure. The practice is done to ensure that family or people traveling together who haven't reserved their seats in advance are able to sit together during the flight. It is also used to ensure that the infants get priority for bassinet and those with mobility issues have priority for aisle access. It is particularly important during busy flights, as to avoid any issues during check in.

You can request any particular seats via reservation, but unless the seats are available, it is not guaranteed.
            Welcome back!

I've tried being specific to no avail...

Comment

Not able to change seats online or at airport

My parents and my aunty and uncle have flown out today from Perth to Frankfurt, and then onto Split. While the seat selection was quite good for SQ214, as the flight wasn't busy, there were barely any two seats available for SQ26, not to mention 4 so they could sit all together.

My uncle and aunty booked in November of last year and after trying so hard to get them their preferred seats (in the middle, next to the aisle) they still only got what the travel agent selected for them, (bare minimum seats were available). Even at the airport, no other seats were available to move my parents or my uncle and aunty. Quite dissapointing as they fly every year with them and have always sat in in the front of the first Y cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by SQOU View Post
                My parents and my aunty and uncle have flown out today from Perth to Frankfurt, and then onto Split. While the seat selection was quite good for SQ214, as the flight wasn't busy, there were barely any two seats available for SQ26, not to mention 4 so they could sit all together.

My uncle and aunty booked in November of last year and after trying so hard to get them their preferred seats (in the middle, next to the aisle) they still only got what the travel agent selected for them, (bare minimum seats were available). Even at the airport, no other seats were available to move my parents or my uncle and aunty. Quite dissapointing as they fly every year with them and have always sat in in the front of the first Y cabin.
                Well, i guess this is a case of which SQ blocks most of the Y cabin ( releasing only middle areas for advanced seat selection ) after these areas are filled up, the flight will appear as full as you are not allowed to choose your seats anymore, but you can leave your preferred seats. To have your preffered seat in the blocked area, i recommend sending a email or call SQ, they will be able to book you there

Comment

Working...
                X