Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed!:Duplicate reservation auto-cancellation

Hi,

Need some urgent help as my flight is just next week.

I had redeemed a flight on SQ using Krisflyer. SQ happened to release some seats on the same flight for booking with *A partner, and I intend to book it using miles from the other programme.

If I go ahead to book this flight without cancelling my existing booking, will there be any implication?

Thanks.

No implication immediately. If there is a sweep - yes , auto XXLD. So book, then quickly cancel the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      No implication immediately. If there is a sweep - yes , auto XXLD. So book, then quickly cancel the other one.
      Ok, thks for your advise. Intend to cancel the KF booking after this new booking has ticketed. As there is a 72 hours ticketing deadline (flight is on 18 Apr Noon), I have until 17 Apr Noon to cancel KF booking to avoid no show fee.

Can please help to explain sweep? You mean if the system picked this duplication up, it would be cancelled? Thanks

BTW, as there is a problem in adding spaces to names with that programme's booking page, the First Name would not exactly match the current reservation and may escape detection?
      For e,g, my Chinese name on passport appeared as Taan Ah Kou
      On SQ:
      First Name: Ah Kou
      Last Name: Taan
      On partner programme:
      First Name: Ah
      Middle Name: Kou
      Last Name: Taan

Comment

a sweep is when systems look for duplicate bookings. Not sure if it's scheduled/timed, or manually initated by someone like a load controller or not, but when it happens - sometimes dupe bookings are given time to "sort it out", or sometimes just outright cancelled, which they have the right to do.

Don't know whether SQ systems are smart enough to pick up your spelling differences or not, but i have to say, it's an unusual spelling. Most are just plain Tan Ah Kow.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Don't know whether SQ systems are smart enough to pick up your spelling differences or not, but i have to say, it's an unusual spelling. Most are just plain Tan Ah Kow.
          Lol! How can you say that? It is not unusual lor
          Everyone's name is always unique and special hor!

Anyway, appreciate your reply very much. Made me aware of certain things and prevented me from doing rash things w/o thinking thru the consequences.

Comment

Working...
          X